Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions

3 posters

Go down

Questions Empty Questions

Post by Amberlyn Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Hiya .. I have tried to log on at night ... see whats up or going on .. for the most part I play during the day .. if ya'll don't know that by now

Honestly I don't feel apart of AOL anymore .. I mean .. when I log on it's good and all .. But it's like there is something un said .. all the time ...

How is this working .. Now .. Akroma is gone .. off to work on things .. but nothing posted here about it ..

We have alot of new officers .. Awesome people .. would have voted you all in ... Point being we had no votes.

Are we ever going to be Anything like we used to be? the reason I joined AOL and continued to be here thus long is because we did thing different than other guilds. we didn't allow people to be pushed around .. we didn't allow people to rant or rag on people in our alliance chat.

Just seems like things are never going to be the way they used to be. A leader who Leaves in a Hurry with out a word.
Someone Appointed GL with out even a Vote on it .. ( Altho As I have said time and time before Ki would be the only person besides Akroma I would stay for.)

We are just all over the place for the last I don't even know how many months .. and because of this .. I have backed off from playing .. And Playing with you all was the highlight of my Nights.

Really I just want to know What's in Store for AOL now? Is KiKi .. Staying Leader .. Is Akroma Comming back ? Whats in Store for the Rest of us thats just getting pulled along in the dark about it all .. Who have Made AOL a Home ... For 2 or more years....

These are the people who make the guilds .. people who Stay in them ... With out people like us .. there would be no guild.
Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Questions Empty Re: Questions

Post by Kiera Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:46 pm

*whispers* is this directed to Akroma or to us all?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberlyn Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Everyone K Just tired of feeling like I'm in the dark on everything.

It's said among each other but never just out in the open for all of us to just know.

Or am I the only one in the dark? LOl ... Would be better if I was I guess at least someone would know what the hell =) lol
Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Three people were appointed without vote, two by Akroma and one by me after Akroma had already begun the process before his step-down. I spoke to every Officer online Sunday for the weekly meeting prior to announcing and since there was no objection /shrugs I finished what had been started. I agree normally vote should have happened but quite honestly I think that to give stability, choices were done with the people best suited for the positions. Regarding the tenth and remaining spot, that should be put to vote as there are many people we've all noticed and spoken to one another about but just the one spot.

Good question on "are we ever going to be anything like we use to?" Quite honestly we should never have stopped being how we were. Officers always have had a certain responsibility that was never tied to who was Guild Leader, to ensure fun, civility both in Guild-Chat and Ally-Chat, and respect for fellow gamers. If that slacked off then we only have ourselves to blame and everyone needs to step up to the plate and start nipping crap in the bud again. There's really no excuse on this one so if anyone has seen a blind eye turned towards it from our Guild without it being addressed, I'd like to know please.

Regarding what's in store for AoL, the future is what WE make it. Regardless of whether Akroma comes back to GL when his time begins to allow it or I keep the seat or we hold an Officer-Vote and someone else becomes GL, each of us currently has a hand and responsibility for steering the Guild and because of that, we should be online consistently, partying it up, talking to everyone, and moving forward.

These are the only things I can answer, /shrugs we’ve all been a team for so long that it distresses me Amber you are feeling left out in the dark and I’d really love for you to start gaming nightly with me since BB abandoned me for that thing called work *sniffs sadly*
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberlyn Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:07 pm

I don't know .. I guess unanswered Emails ... Um the Whispering from here and there....

The AOL "Jokes" ..... It Honestly just pisses me off... How dare people .. Make Jokes about the guild that brought them together!.... I could go on about that but I won't.

I miss the Good Days .. and tho we do have good times .. I would like to see more .. and less Stress about the who -what -when -where ... and being blind sided with all the change.

Ki You know I love ya .. was nothing about you being GL .. I would not vote for anyone else in that spot... And The new Officers ...Of course all would of had my vote with out doubt....

I just want it all in the open ... I don't want to be hit with anything else.
So I thought if I posted something .. all blanks could be filled in and we could start fresh a new start.
Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:15 pm

So lets make the fresh start happen, beginning now. I get the same whisps and same challenges but just makes me want to do all that I can to ensure AoL will always be the best guild in my opinion. Whats done is done, we gotta go forward together!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by donnilee Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:11 am

I agree with Kiera. There was some drama, and being older, frankly, I don't have a lot of patience for it, but I didn't feel it was my place to say anything openly. Akroma asked me to be officer and I said yes because I feel a responsibility to this alliance. He said that he had asked around about who partied up and spoke in ally and guild chat, etc., and my name came up. I was in ToA and went to Nubz when that dissolved and to AoL when Nubz dissolved, solely becaue I wanted to STAY in the AoL alliance. And many of my friends came with me for the same reason -- because we love this guild and this alliance.

I think some of this started with Akroma cleaning house on officers and the confusion caused people to shut down a bit. However, at this point, I've partied up almost every night to do thing with others just like the old days.

I do believe that good communication is essential. However, the reality is that we are all on at different times. I did have a talk with Akroma about letting people know what was going on. Apparently, his thought was leaving a note in the GUILD STATUS tab was enough. Personally, I don't think that's enough, but I understand that his life is very hectic and confused right now. I would have liked to see a post here as well, at least to the officers so we could tell others who ask.

I suggest that any further "big decisions" -- and these include the election of officers -- be done during the Sunday guild meetings. This means that people need to show up, however, if they wish to be included in any votes.

I think it's also important to understand that real life gets in the way sometimes and things do change in guilds. I've seen it with the two previous guilds I was in. However, I think this guild has a great core group of people and don't see anything like that happening here at this time.

As for ally/guild chat, I'm den mother, and don't hesitate to jump on any offensive conversations, bad language, or tension, etc. In fact, I'm rather known for it, but I'm not on 24/7, so I'm sure some has gone by me. I think all officers have this responsibility. I also tell new recruits that there is no gay/ethnic bashing, no bot leeching, and we insist people be polite in guild and ally chats and these activities will not be tolerated. They have to agree to these guidelines before I will invite them. That has always been the policy of any guild I join.

I feel bad that anyone feels left out. I would suggest that any new changes, such as a change in policy for recruiting, new officers, be announced in the GUILD STATUS tab and left up for at least a week, so those who don't attend the guild meetings are informed. This is a quick easy way to let everyone know what's going on. Posting here is another and Kiera always posts the guild meeting notes within days, so all we have to do is sign on here and read that post.

Guilds do change and weather storms, but I think we are back on track after the drama and hope that continues. I've always loved playing with you Amber and hope to do so in the future. Call on me anytime. I have an open door policy. Just remember that folks do get caught in real life sometimes and may not respond immediately to all inquiries, particularly outside the game in e-mail, etc.

Please come back and join up with us and I think you'll find things are much as they were in the past. I hope you get involved again and help us keep it that way.

donnilee
donnilee
Level 80

Female
Number of posts : 814
City : Waterbury, CT
Hobbies : Writing fanfiction for XF, Gaming
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberlyn Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:05 am

Donni ... My Play time is different ATM .. I have Kids in Ball right now so My nights are taken up by that ...
But I don't really think you got the point I was making here .. I guess it was really the older officers that would have understood. ( because we have been here) ... I vent ...we talk ... it's better to let it out than to keep it in .. just keep that in mind when reading things I post =P
thanks alot =) Ill see you in game soon =)

But Yes I'm looking forward to the New Beginning and .. I miss Akroma .. I hope he is able to sort things out .. I Emailed him the other day and if ya'll didn't know it is a easy way of getting a hold of him.
Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down