Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rank Structure

2 posters

Go down

Rank Structure Empty Rank Structure

Post by Kittynne Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:38 pm

I have some suggestions for things we can do to adjust them a little bit.  Things like, an honourary veteran role for those who we want to reward for time served but that don't wish to be officer, if we want to give them something special.  And something for recruiting that isn't for all the squires.

However, we'd have to make some changes since we are at cap for how many ranks we can have.  I have some suggestions for that too, like merging ally and zombie to a new multipurpose rank with new parameters for what we consider an ally, as well as removing beau's Vizier rank.

I can go through this in more detail, but I wanted to ask:

- Should I bring this up in Lord's forum first? Or to Officer forum?  I'm guessing Officer forum is fine, if it's something you guys are ok with me even bringing up right now.  

- Or should we wait til we figure out the changing of the guard?
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Rank Structure Empty Re: Rank Structure

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Should probably wait on this until we have a new King/Queen.

I do like the idea of an Honorary Officer rank. We only need one rank. We could just make Vizier something new. I like having a difference between Ally and Inactive keepers.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:07 pm

I do like this. The Vizier position is almost perfect for it. Not really interested in duties of a Lord. Well respected and we want to hear their voice on important matters, but not as engaged with guild politics.

Bhukk comes to mind. I feel he is my own special case sometimes. He is good with groups and helping people, but he really does not get involved in decision making unless I poke him and say "hey go read what's on the forum." However, he complains a bit when people who are newer get promoted before him.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:35 pm

I'd say one thing we'd want to consider, given all the concerns that some have raised about recruiting, is to find a way to make a rank for recruiting, that is not squire. But this comes with a few other changes necessary.

1. Could set up a forum specifically for recruiters (that officers would also be able to participate in). This forum would be used to explain any guidelines or requirements we have, as well as discuss any issues or concerns specifically related to recruiting. Such as any sort of "do not invite" list for past problem children (fenix comes to mind here) that the officers have decided should not return. This forum would be mandatory for people in this recruiting role.

2. Before promoting people to recruiter, we would need to get their express agreement to follow any of our (rough) guidelines as to how/who to invite and not invite. For example, don't just blindly invite someone because you saw them post in LFG that they are looking for a guild. But it doesn't have to be a LOT of work either. Just you know, have a conversation with them, or invite people you've dungeoned with or something.

3. Before promoting to recruiter, get their express agreement to communicate some basic info to each new recruit. Nothing big, but just the stuff we already do now, like the rep requirements, forums, ts, guild missions, and the "don't be a dick" rule.

Basically, we don't want Omega-style recruiting. He still sometimes messages me and asks me to invite someone to guild that he saw post in LFG or in map chat that they are looking for a guild. When I ask if he's spoken to them at all, he says "no". And despite me encouraging him to talk to them a bit first, and explaining the idea of a quick screening process, he still doesn't listen. Very Happy
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:35 pm

However, I thought we weren't going to discuss this until we were done with the current changing of the guard, lol.

Beau, stop encouraging me to speak, hahaha <3
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content