Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DRAFT] Recruiting Guide - Lord's Review

3 posters

Go down

[DRAFT] Recruiting Guide - Lord's Review Empty [DRAFT] Recruiting Guide - Lord's Review

Post by Kittynne Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Going for a Lord's review before a larger officer's review. Please reply to this thread with comments/suggestions. Thanks.

Hi folks!  This is a DRAFT recruiting guide (not guidelines). It's not a set of hard-and-fast rules, but rather just some tips and suggestions to help encourage quality invites.  

While we like to remain open to anyone who wishes to join, we must be mindful that there is a certain comfortable and friendly environment in AoL that we should try to preserve out of respect for our existing members.  And also, we should also try to set a nice warm first impression for new recruits, something that we cannot do if we just invite them without taking a few minutes to say hello and introduce ourselves, and let them introduce themselves too.  Because not only do we want to try and preserve our family atmosphere, we do not want to waste a potential recruit's time either, if they end up in a guild that is obviously not suited to their needs.

Please take a look over my draft guide and offer any suggestions, revisions, etc., so we can discuss and find a final product that suits us.

Thanks in advance!! <33

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruiting Tips

AoL is an open and welcoming guild, and we encourage all members to try and recruit new members into our family.  While only officers can extend the actual formal guild invite, anyone in the guild can befriend and welcome new members to join our rank. All you need to do is ask for an officer in guild chat to invite your new (or old) friend, either by account name or in game name.

Having said that, there are a few things you can do to help ensure that they are a good fit for us, and that we are a good fit for them.  And while these are not hard-and-fast rules or requirements, they will likely help us preserve the warm and friendly guild atmosphere that we love so much.

Finding "Free Agents"

Please try to look for individuals who are free agents, or otherwise already searching for a guild.  Our intent is NOT to snipe from other guilds.

1. Consider untagged players that you have enjoyed playing with.  This can be via dungeons, fractals, mapping, or any other chance or LFG encounter.
2. Consider new or old friends whom you know are only tagging their personal storage guild in order to have a tag up.
3. Mapchat solicitation (NEED WORDING CONSENSUS HERE)
4. ... (open to new suggestions)

Getting to Know Each Other

If you are able, we encourage you to have a little chat with the player, especially if it's an individual who has just asked randomly in map chat or other public means, if there is a guild that is recruiting.  

1. Say hello, introduce yourself, and try and tell them a little bit about our guild.  This helps the player feel like AoL is more like a family, and less like a group of strangers who only loosely associate.
2. Try and find out a little about them.  While this is not mandatory, it will help them feel like we care about our members, because we truly do.
3. Watch out for: aggressive/mean behaviour, trolling, excessive rudeness, both towards you and towards map chat, /say, etc.  Remember that you are inviting someone to share guild chat with you, and represent our guild to the rest of the servers.

The Invite!

If you feel the player will be a good fit for AoL, and vice versa, the next step, of course, will be to ask them if they would like to join us.  While you are doing so, it is best that you let them know about our few requirements, so they can decide if these requirements suit them.

1. Let them know about our approximately 90% rep requirement.  If it's a new player, they may need to know that they have to rep at the individual toon level, as account-wide rep is not automatic.
2. Let them know that participation in guild chat is entirely optional, but that we ask them to follow the "don't be a jerk" policy, both in guild chat and in "public" to the rest of the gaming community.
3. Let them know we have forums, teamspeak, a facebook group, and two weekly guild mission times, all of which they can find in the guild message of the day when they join.
4. If they are still interested in joining, just ask for an officer in guild chat to extend the invite!

Officers:

Please ask the guild member if they have gone over the basic reqs (rep, don't be a jerk, forums, ts, fb, missions) with the new recruit.  If they have not done so, please provide this info to the recruit.

Last edited by Kittynne on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

[DRAFT] Recruiting Guide - Lord's Review Empty Re: [DRAFT] Recruiting Guide - Lord's Review

Post by Kittynne Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:35 pm

IGNORE FOR NOW PLS

Forgot I promised Andrea first stab at revisions. <3
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

[DRAFT] Recruiting Guide - Lord's Review Empty Re: [DRAFT] Recruiting Guide - Lord's Review

Post by Kittynne Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Going for a Lord's review before a larger officer's review. Please reply to this thread with comments/suggestions. Thanks.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:56 pm

Looks great so far!  Love it.  

I had an interesting experience recruiting today.  I was doing some mapping and chatting in map chat in Queensdale.  I noticed a lot of "no tag" players.  So I started recruiting.  A few other guilds were at it too, so I upped my game chatting.  Explaining things like well established guild.  Long lived 9 years.  We will be here for the long haul unlike some smaller guilds that disappear if a few key players get bored.  Socially oriented.  Have a nice nest egg of influence, so we will be able to start on Guild Halls immediately upon release.  I managed to get three people to ask me for more information.  Usually, I'm lucky to get just one when I've spammed my typical message for hours.  

BTW.  This is the message I've been using lately.

Army of Lightness [AoL] is recruiting!  Large, Casual, Friendly, Social, Wacky, OMG ILUSM <3, Perverted, Helpful, International! PvE/X. Guild Missions 2x weekly. TS, Forum, Facebook. Whisper for info
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:06 pm

I'm going recommend you take OMG ILUSM <3 out.

Also strongly recommend you take out Perverted.

Especially perverted. It sends a very very wrong message to people, that openly invites creepers to the guild.

Yes there are risque conversations and a lot of dirty talk, but if you watch it very closely, you will notice that perverted conversation is only acceptable after we have established a certain rapport with members.

Luring people to the guild with the promise of perverts sends a very different message, and will not only keep some people from wanting to join, but can also drive away some existing members when it lures creeps. Especially drive away some female members. Myself included.

The pervertedness that we have in the guild is a VERY VERY delicate balance of social interaction.

Also, don't need the E in PvE/X, because X implies that E is included, I think. Unless it's used in a way that I am not familiar with?
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:10 pm

I do the PvE/X because we are primarily PvE, but do have people who enjoy other activities.  Some people seem to expect organized runs of everything when we are not very organized at anything.  I suppose PvX is fine.  I will remove the Perverted.  However, I have not had anyone ask about it.  I think the OMG ILUSM gives a glimpse into what to expect in typical chat.  I'll think about that one.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:21 pm

Ah the PvE/X makes sense then. I can get on board with that. I retract my suggestion to remove the E.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Also I really don't feel so strongly about the omg ilusm thing. If you think it makes us stand out from the others that are advertising then maybe there is something to that ...
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by fictitiousacct Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:38 pm

looks good to me~
fictitiousacct
fictitiousacct
Level 28

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down