Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal: Move Officer Nomination Threads Before Promotion

2 posters

Go down

Proposal: Move Officer Nomination Threads Before Promotion Empty Proposal: Move Officer Nomination Threads Before Promotion

Post by Kittynne Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:18 pm

I mentioned this to Beau a couple days ago and he thought it was a good idea, and worth posting here ...

One thing that surprised me when I joined as an officer here was that we do NOT remove the officer nomination discussion before promoting someone to officer rank and giving them forum access, as this is common practice in all other guilds I've helped lead, and also in other forum environments I've been moderator or administrator in.

The problem becomes that participants may be afraid to speak their true feelings about a candidate's suitability for fear that the candidate will be promoted anyways, and be able to see the negative comments said about them. I actually know this has happened before, more than once, in our officer forum, FYI.

I propose we make a change to this procedure, and move the nomination thread to the Lord's forum BEFORE we give access to the officer forum for any new officer. Not a thread deletion. Just move it to Lord's forum so the information is a bit more contained.

At current, it would be either Beau or I that do this, as we have the ability to provide access to the officer forum.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Proposal: Move Officer Nomination Threads Before Promotion Empty Re: Proposal: Move Officer Nomination Threads Before Promotion

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:24 pm

I agree!  I always tend to err on the side of honesty and openness.  If someone has something bad to say about me, I would want to know it.  I wouldn't want them hiding it to avoid hurting my feelings.  Get it out and deal with it.

However, in a situation like this it would be best.  No reason for a no vote to be censored by hesitation to offend someone.  I vote yes on this policy and we should let it be known to other officers if/when we make it official.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Proposal: Move Officer Nomination Threads Before Promotion Empty Re: Proposal: Move Officer Nomination Threads Before Promotion

Post by Kittynne Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:22 pm

Yoohoo, where are the other Lords? Why don't they reply to things in here? Sad

Also, I'll make an announcement about the nomination-thread-moving-thing in the near future because it looks like we already started to practice this.

Also when I have some spare time (no rush) I will move some of the older similar threads in here, for cleanliness.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down