Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 2: Beginnings Part 2

+4
AeroJo
Spell
KyssAvDoden
Judge
8 posters

Go down

Chapter 2: Beginnings Part 2 Empty Chapter 2: Beginnings Part 2

Post by Judge Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:33 pm

“Are you mad!?” Zane said as he leapt away from Maximus’ blade.

*CRASH!* The blade missed its target, only to leave a crater sized hole in the ground.

“Of course!” Maximus said as he swiped his mighty blade one more time. “Dante will once again bring this land to its knees! The power he would bestow upon the person that releases him would be tremendous!”

Zane barely dodged the attack—he was weak from the loss of blood. “Damn! I can’t keep this up!” he thought to himself.

“Got ya!” Maximus said with a roar. The gigantic buster sword was about to fall upon Zane.

Zane’s eyes widened. “Oh no! It’s gonna hit!”

He braced for impact. Maximus’ blade came down—only to hit the ground next to Zane.

“What the hell!?” said Maximus. “It’s that damn witch!”

Zane peered around to see Shariah struggling to keep Maximus under her control.

“Hurry!” she yelled. “Get out of here!”

Before Zane could react, Maximus broke from her control and charged right for Shariah. “Stupid bitch! I’ve had enough of you! Go to hell!”
Shariah laid there helpless, both weakened by her attempt to control Maximus and paralyzed with fear.

“Yes fear me witch! Your meddling comes to an end now!”

Two arrows flew by Zane and hit Maximus in the back. “What in Grenth’s name is going on!?” he yelled.

He turned; Zane did as well. Charging forward with bow and arrow was Aero.

“It’s a good thing I decided to take a stroll…if you died I could never forgive myself!” he exclaimed.

Maximus pulled the arrows out his back, blood streaming down to the floor. He spat. “Hmph! How many weaklings do you keep as company Zane? No matter, I’ll crush this little bug!”

Aero made a sarcastic grunt. “Just try it you meathead!”

Maximus was slightly irritated. “What a big mouth for a small person! DIE!”

Maximus swiped his giant blade; Aero however was light and agile—he easily dodged the attack and somersaulted behind Maximus, shooting an arrow into each of his thighs.

“ARGGHHH!” Maximus cried in pain; his stance was waning but he was still able to bring his blade to attempt strike down Aero.

Alas, such a heavy blade could not hit an agile assassin like Aero. Maximus swiped nothing but air and became furious upon seeing that Aero was standing on the tip of the buster sword, taunting him.

“Hehe…you are indeed a meathead. What cat got your tongue?”

Maximus was vehemently yelling. “YOU MAGGOT! HOW DARE YOU MOCK ME!?”

He tried shaking Aero off; however, the young boy merely jumped and landed a flying kick square on Maximus’ cheek.

The giant warrior came crashing to the ground at the force of the kick.

Aero gave a laugh. “You know what they say, the bigger they are, the harder they fall!”

Maximus got up. Bloodlust could be seen in his eyes. “Looks like I’m forced to play my trump card! Now tremble in fear at my—“
He suddenly stopped in the middle of his sentence. It would seem as if someone was talking to him.

“What!? Retreat!? But!”

He paused and calmed himself. “Very well. I will return for now.”

He looked at Zane, Shariah, and Aero. “You are very fortunate that I am being called back! Next time you won’t be so lucky!”

In a blink of an eye, the fierce warrior disappeared into the shadows.

After he was certain that the danger was gone, Aero went over to attend to Zane.

“Master, are you ok?” he exclaimed.

Zane clutched the gash in his chest. “Does it look like I’m ok?”

Shariah got up and walked over to Zane. “Thank you for protecting me.”

“No problem,” said Zane.

“Not you,” she said, “him.” She pointed to Aero.

“I was merely protecting my master. You just happened to be with him.”

Shariah laughed. “Well then I should count myself lucky. Quite a slave child you got here Zane.”

Zane was irritated but could barely focus—he had loss too much blood in the fight against Maximus.

“Master!” Aero exclaimed. “Quickly we must get him medical attention!”

Shariah continued to stare at Zane. “I’ll see you when you wake up.”

“Damn…you…” he said as he passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He slowly opened his eyes, trying to make out the figures surrounding him. One was Aero, that much Zane could tell. He turned to his right and saw a figure with a pint of ale in his hand—“That’s definitely Spald,” he thought to himself. And the last figure—

“JUDGELY!? JUDGELY ARE YOU OK!?”

“Mighty,” he said. “I feel like I’ve just been run over by a herd of yaks and you’re yelling at me? Not the best of ideas.”

“I’m sorry Zane! It’s just that, well, ummm…”

Zane then saw another figure walk through the door and come to his bedside. It was a beautiful young girl, around 18, with short brown hair and a braid hanging down from one side. Her lips were perfectly shaped, and her eyes were sincere, yet sad. However, she managed to hide that with a cheerful demeanor.

Spald came over to Zane. “Figured ye needed a cheering up present for getting yer ass kicked so bad. This little darling ought to do just fine.”
The girl laughed. “Oh Mr. Spald, you really are too funny!” She turned back over to Zane. “This is Fable’s hospital. I’m one of the resident monks here. My name is Lili Bane.”

Zane paused for a moment. “Bane? An odd last name don’t you think?”

The girl smiled. “It’s my father’s name. I get that reaction everytime I introduce myself. Perhaps I should just stick with my mother’s name. Grace. Lili Grace.”

She was gazing off through the window. “Oh sorry I’m rambling again! Here I think it’s ok to remove the bandages now. You heal remarkably fast Mr. Al.”

Zane was slightly perplexed. “Al? That isn’t—“

Aero quickly interrupted. “Yes Mr. Al heals very fast. Thank you very much Ms. Lili.”

She smiled. “I’ll come back in one hour to check up on him.”

As she left the room, Spald whistled. “Damn…nice ass on that one…”

Aero grunted in disgust. He turned his attention back to Zane.

“That brute two nights ago must have hit you really hard. Have you forgotten that you need to stay incognito? Your name is too recognizable Zane.”

Mighty quickly intervened. “Well I think that girl is awfully nice and that we shouldn’t be worried if she knows who you really are Judgely.”

Aero quickly interjected. “No I DON’T think it’s alright Mighty. Zane must stay hidden no matter what. Do you understand?”

The two suddenly began to argue. Zane’s head began to swell. He turned to Spald to see if he could help him out; to no surprise, he was drinking and flirting with some of the female monks. He slowly pulled himself out of bed and left Aero and Mighty arguing.

“I’ve been out two days…that’s far too many,” he thought to himself. “Looks like we missed our ship to Alexandria (writer’s note: Alexandria, province 2, northern most province, called the “Province of Waterfalls”).”

As he walked he found himself on the balcony. The sun was at its peak and the bay’s water was sparkling. A slight gust blew his way—it was refreshing. He turned his head and was surprised to see Shariah gazing into the bay as well. Shariah. He had just met her yet somehow he felt he knew her. It was an odd feeling.

“So you’re finally awake? Took you long enough to awaken,” she said.

“I’m sorry that I got cut up by some maniac to protect you.”

“Yes I’m sorry to that you couldn’t defeat him.”

Zane ignored her last comment. He walked over next to her and leaned over the balcony, soaking up the sun’s rays.

“So—“

“You want to know more about me? It’s written all over your face.”

He laughed. “I’m actually getting quite used to your constant—“

“If you want to know who I am than I must have your word you will protect me no matter what force may come after us.”

Zane was slightly taken aback. “What do you mean? Listen, I went through a living hell just to rescue you from some 7’ goliath wielding a buster sword I have never seen before! You owe me!”

“And I’m telling you that you aren’t ready to comprehend what I know. Be thankful that you got my name.”
“That’s it! Just leave me alone!”

As he turned to walk away Shariah spoke once again. “Even if you and go our separate ways, they will still come after you. Our fates are intertwined whether you like it or not.”

Zane paused. “I can take care of myself.”

“Oh can you?” Shariah said disbelievingly. “Your skills which made you so famous 7 years ago seemed to have dulled quite a bit. You have a child do your fighting for you. Not to mention you keep a jabber mouth ritualist and a lecherous drunk in your company.”

Zane was speechless. He couldn’t find any words.

“What happened to the mighty Zane? The Judge Magister who slew 10,000 lives in the Raid Uprising? The only one who the Raidites feared? Where is that man now? All I see is a shell of that man, wallowing in his past, trying to forget it. All you can think of is that girl—“

“Shut the hell up!” Zane yelled. “How do you know all this about me? Quit tormenting me!”

She walked over and peered deep into his eyes. “Hold still,” she said.

“Wait, what are you—“

“Just do it,” she snapped.

She raised her hand and pressed it against Zane’s forehead. Suddenly, he saw flames, and the screams of thousands of tormented souls. He was in a horror but he could not get the images out his head. He saw murder, rape. Then, atop of Mt. Alexandria, stood…DANTE!

Zane pulled away from Shariah. “What the hell was that!?”

She paused. “That is the future that awaits you should you turn away now. Well Zane? What will you do?”

“If that is the future of Faoris…then it looks like I have no choice but to accompany you.”

“Good. But first we must restore your lost skills. And restore you ability to use the Rune of Balance.”

“What? Restore my skill? My ability to use the Rune of Balance? Let me tell you my skill is fine and the Rune is useless.”

“That is where you are wrong. We head to Calathas (writer’s note: Calathas, province 6, in the northeast of Faoris, north of Mishna. Commonly called the “Refugee Province”). There we will find a Tengu by the name of Talon Silverwing. He will help train you. As for the Rune…it’s in a dormant state. It will take time to restore its full power.”
Judge
Judge
Level 33

Male
Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: Beginnings Part 2 Empty Re: Chapter 2: Beginnings Part 2

Post by KyssAvDoden Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:24 pm

Oh wow Judge i can hardly for the next wait for the next chapter! Im curled up on the edge of my seat! What a Face
KyssAvDoden
KyssAvDoden
Level 23

Female
Number of posts : 236
City : Oslo, Norway (currently in Richmond, VA)
Hobbies : you
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Spell Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:47 pm

Are the Raidites us?
Spell
Spell
Level 75

Male
Guild : Rage Aganist The Demons [RAiD]
Number of posts : 774
City : Sacramento, CA
Hobbies : Being as immature as possible.
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by AeroJo Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:13 pm

I pwn maximus XD
AeroJo
AeroJo
Level 21

Male
Number of posts : 210
City : Iowa City, Iowa
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxMurderMan Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 pm

I must have forgotten my mending touch!
MaxMurderMan
MaxMurderMan
Level 4

Male
Guild : [Nubz] Officer
Number of posts : 49
Hobbies : Basketball,Rowing,Sleeping,And of course GW!
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Force of the divine Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:18 am

Judge wrote:[color=orange“If you want to know who I am than I must have your word you will protect me no matter what force may come after us.”.”[/color]

Ohh i would love to be that force Cool an hammer wielding monk would satisfy me... cyclops
Force of the divine
Force of the divine
Light

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 1495
City : Delft
Hobbies : Hockey (field), GW, drinking beer
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pakashi Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:38 pm

*snores*
Judge... i need more, MORE!!!! >=D
pakashi
pakashi
Level 31

Male
Number of posts : 311
City : Dubai, UAE
Hobbies : Video gaming, swimming, volleyball, hanging out with friends, METAL!!! \m/
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spice N Dice Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Spell wrote:Are the Raidites us?
Just you sam.

Awesome chapter Judge, you're really making the suspense work for you and the details and descriptions are amazing. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see more of what you have to offer.
Spice N Dice
Spice N Dice
Level 39

Male
Guild : [RAiD]
Number of posts : 395
City : Madaxersville
Hobbies : Finding every possible way to bug you
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content