Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beginnings of the Army of Lightness

Go down

The Beginnings of the Army of Lightness Empty The Beginnings of the Army of Lightness

Post by ADS Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Mkay, i have bugged u all in AC, i have pmed a few of u, and i have gone to great lengths to do the best i can possibly do with this. It is my version of the Beginnings of the Army of Lightness. Some people (who will remain unnamed) have contributed greatly to this piece. I am starting to sound like a orchestrator so i'll go ahead and start.

Chapter 1
Thunder. Rain.
The blinding flash of lightning.
The ground beneath her tired feet.
These were the only things she noticed as she ran through the streets of Shing Jea Monastery. Master Togo had requested that she come immediately to the Linnok Courtyard and find him.
The girl’s name was Jummy. Her brown hair came down and stuck to her drenched shoulders as she ran.
As Jummy crossed under the large gate, she saw Master Togo beside the Temple Guardian statue, as he is always. Beside him was another girl, her red hair cut just below her shoulders. She stood at the ready as Jummy neared them.
“Ah, it is good to see you, Jummy,” Master Togo said as he motioned for her to join him under his umbrella.
“Same to you, Master,” Jummy replied. The other girl looked at her, her brown eyes stressed in the rain.
“So, you are the one Master Togo has been telling me about,” she said. She walked forward a bit.
“Yes,” Jummy replied, sticking out her hand to shake. “And you are?”
“Death,” she said simply, ignoring Jummy’s hand.
“Come,” Master Togo began to walk towards the Monastery. “Let us get out of the rain before we catch a cold.”
Death, Jummy thought, must be one of Togo’s former students. She looked at Death, trying to find out about her from gestures and expressions. As an assassin, she was adept at finding others’ weak points, but on Death, there was nothing other than armor with colors that don’t go together. Her hair was held up by a brown headband, and her mask was of blue and pink. Her chest was black with blue belly, sleeves, and gloves. Her pants were white and her boots were pink, with silver blades on her shoulders, boots, and gloves. She must be an assassin as well, Jummy thought, following them.
They entered the Monastery and went to the area where the trainers usually are. They were not there this time, so they must have been needed elsewhere. In their place were three women.
The tallest was blonde with red-and-white fuzzy armor. It looked very warm and a little smothering. Her pale eyes suggested she was blind, but her piercing gaze said otherwise. Another woman was dressed in almost blinding white. If it wasn’t for the wear and tear of the armor, Jummy probably would have been cutting herself on the sharp points of the armor. The last woman had snow-white hair and small cat ears on her head. Her armor was of pink and brown, coming across her chest and down in a dress by her ankles. She seemed troubled by something.
Master Togo folded his umbrella and walked to the women, speaking in a low tone. He turned back to us.
“All of you have been called here for a special reason,” he said to us all, crossing his arms. “Strange things are happening recently, and there is no lead on what is causing it.”
“Has Shiro returned?” asked the tall blonde woman.
“No, luckily, we have destroyed him for good. It is something far worse.”
“I can imagine nothing worse than having Shiro come back again,” said the woman in white.
“Let him speak,” Death proclaimed.
“There have been… disturbances… all across Cantha. Alexis, I know you have had experience with the Destroyers in your Tyrian travels.” Togo motioned toward the taller woman.
“Yes,” the tall one confirmed. “Are you saying there are Destroyers in Cantha?”
“No, but something like them.” Togo pinched the top of his nose with his first two fingers. “I need you all to set out tomorrow and try to find out what is happening.”
“Master,” said the hooded woman. “I have never seen you so worried before.”
“Yes, well, I have a good reason to be. At dawn the lot of you will set out for the main land and investigate. So far, no reports have seen from this island, and I want to keep it that way.” He looked across all of their faces. “I wish a safe journey to you all.”
“Togo.” Death said. That was all.
After a pause, Death lit a cigarette and put it in her mouth. She leaned against the wall, looking in the distance. Then she put her chin to her chest and closed her eyes.
The cat-eared woman had not yet spoken, and took a step forward. She leaned on one leg and put a hand to her hip.
“I do believe that I may give some insight,” she said. Her snow white hair glistened in the dim light.
“Kiera,” Togo said. “You of all people I trust. If you can tell us anything about this foe, please do. I am in the dark here.”
Kiera nodded. “You say the creatures are like destroyers. I have seen them. They are far worse.” She shifted her gaze and looked at Death, Alexis, the hooded woman, and then Jummy. “They are creatures of the night. Shadows that lurk around looking for prey. My friend was lost because of them, and I intend to kill scores of them in return.”
“How?” Alexis asked. “The destroyers were hard enough, but if what you say is true, then we may be at a loss.”
Death muttered a short grunt and smiled. “Now then, what fun is it if we don’t try? I have been to Balthazar’s realm and back and didn’t even break a sweat! Surely these ‘creatures’” she said making air quotes, “are surely not stronger than a god!” She leaned back against the wall.
“All of you are missing the point,” said the hooded woman. “We should not be concerned about why or how we kill them. All that matters is that we do kill them. Else they will forever stalk the lands while we stand here gawking at each other like Grenth and Dwayna at Wintersday!”
“Dwayna help us,” muttered Togo.
As the four women continued to argue, Jummy stuck out the gate and back into the rain. It had calmed a bit, it was no longer stormy, but it still drizzled. She walked along the path to where the traders are, thinking to her self about what Kiera had said. Creatures of the night, she thought, how are we supposed to beat that? As she thought and thought and traders spoke to her of their endless goods, she went out into Linnok Courtyard and down Saoshang Trail, the road that goes from the Monastery to Seitung Harbor. It never takes long to follow that road, but she got the harbor exceedingly fast in her thoughts.
Once she was there, she traveled north to the Jaya Bluffs, a land of snowy cliffs and mountains that goes all the way to the ocean beyond. She ran all the way there, not stopping for anything. Jummy ran all the way to one of the northern-most cliffs. She sat there at the edge of the cliff overlooking the small ocean-side village. It was peaceful, unlike the debate over those creatures. Here, Jummy could clear her mind and think of what was really important. She sat cross-legged and began to meditate. Breath in, breath out. Breath in, breath out. Clear the mind.
Snap!
Quick as a jackrabbit running from a fox, Jummy grabbed her knives, spun around, and prepared to strike. But when she turned, a black-feathered demon-bird took the knife from her left hand in its beak and tossed it far to the side. With its foot, it pinned Jummy’s right hand to the ground. Its other foot was stomped on her chest, crushing her left arm underneath her. As Jummy tried to comprehend that she was defeated by a bird, she noticed that it did not attack her. The bird held her to the ground, unable to fight back, but it did not harm her. With a beak as long as Jummy’s arm, the bird picked at something tried to one of the spiked collars around its neck. It released the pressure to Jummy’s chest, allowing her to breath. She blinked, and it got off of her. Slowly, she rose and untied the thing from its collar. It was a note. It must be a pet, Jummy realized. She then remembered that Alexis had a bow on her back, and thought it must be her pet. She untied the red ribbon around the paper. It read:
Jummy,
Leaving like that was pretty smart, the argument went on almost the entire time. I sent Dhuums Day to give you this note. I know you’re not familiar with Tyrian pets, so just to ease your tension, Dhuum is a black-moa bird. Togo left and said it is up to us on how we deal with the creatures, so we have decided to form an alliance. Meet us at Seitung Harbor as soon as you can.
Alexis
P.S. If I find out you killed my bird, you’re dead meat.
Jummy finished reading and stuck the note in her pocket. Turning, she noticed Dhuum was already gone; probably headed to Seitung Harbor where Alexis is. She took one last look at the village and set off for the Harbor.

At the Harbor, Kiera and the others waited for Jummy to arrive. Death had gone to the merchant, leaving the rest of them waiting by Masaharu, the skill trainer, as he tried to comprehend that no one was in the mood to learn from him today. Jummy approached just behind Dhuum as they came up to them.
“Took you long enough,” said Alexis and she patted Dhuum on the head and tossed a small fish in its beak.
The hooded woman took a step forward and said, “We’ve been waiting here so that we can catch the next ferry to the Marketplace. By the way, my name is Sable.”
“Jummy,” replied Jummy while catching her breath.
“So,” said Death as she walked up with a bottle of rice wine in one hand and a bean cake in the other. With a mouth full of bean cake she said, “Where did you run off to?”
“No where in particular,” Jummy said. Changing the subject, she said, “So what’s the alliance gonna be called?”
Kiera and Alexis looked at each other and Alexis lifted an eyebrow. “Well,” Alexis started, “how about Mystical Chaos?”
“Nah,” Death replied with a stern look. “Too mystical, we need something intimidating. Something like, Destroyers of Grenth!”
Jummy sat cross legged on the ground and thought.
“Army of Lightness,” muttered Kiera. The group began to nod in agreement, although Death wanted something more evil-ish.
“We still have another hour until the ferry arrives, so I’m gonna go restock on equipment. Meet you guys later!” Alexis said as the walked in the other direction, Dhuum trailing behind. As the group disbanded, Jummy was left sitting there was Death munching on bean cakes behind her.
As Death chugged down the last of her rice wine, she began to walk away when suddenly Jummy asked, “Why are you named Death?”
Death stopped mid-step, turned, and sat so she was eye-level with Jummy. “Do you really want to know?” she asked inquisitively.
“Sure,” Jummy replied, a little nervous by the look given to her.
“Well then,” Death began. “My full name is Death So Suddenly, although my friends call me Diablo. I got my name by using my skills wisely, never wasting time or energy, and by slaying demons in the Fissure of Woe while going solo.” A smile came across her face as she looked at Jummy’s disbelief.
“May I call you Diablo?” Jummy asked.
“Of course not! I said my friends call me Diablo, and you aren’t my friend.”
“Oh,” Jummy mumbled as Death began to walk away. Jummy then stood and began to pace, wondering what to do to fill the remaining hour until the ferry arrived. Maybe I can ask Kiera about those shadow demon things. Jummy wondered as she started to search the crowd.
She was unable to spot Kiera so instead strolled by the docks. The gates leading to Zen Daijun were open now that the afflicted were eliminated. Peering inside, Jummy though she saw someone lurking on the other side, staring at her. After a moment it disappeared. Jummy shrugged and continued to walk along until she came upon Alexis speaking with someone at the farthest dock. Coming up to them, she heard Alexis say something about a Project Fof. As she came closer to hear more, the man saw her and said, “What are you doing stalking around like that?”
Alexis turned and looked at Jummy, then back to the man. “Jade, its fine, she’s a friend,” she said just before the man tried to come after Jummy. Dhuum poked the man in the stomach with its beak and squawked, making him give a hearty laugh.
“So, who are you anyways?” He asked.
“Jummy, and you?” she replied.
With a chuckle he said, “None ya!” He laughed again and then said “The name’s Jade, Jade Lavitz, Conqueror of the Underworld, Slayer of Afflicted, Warrior of Steal, Creator of…”
“Creator of unearned titles,” Alexis finished for him. The three of them laughed, and then Alexis said, “You have anything better to do, Jummy?”
“Not really,” she replied with a shrug.
“Then follow me,” she told him. To Jade she said, “Nice seeing you!”
“You as well!” Jade yelled back with a wave.
Jummy waved back then caught up with Alexis. “So where are we going?” she asked as they walked back along the docks.
“You’ll see,” she told him.
After walking up the hill, Jummy saw a small pagoda. They passed it and continued to walk out the gate into Zen Daijun. Once they were a distance from the harbor Jummy though she sensed someone behind them. She turned, expecting to see that shadow again, but instead Dhuum pounced on her the same way it had done before. But this time, it hurt.
Alexis stopped mid-step and, without turning, uttered a small chuckle. “Do you really think you could eavesdrop like that?” she said to him.
Struggling under the bird, Jummy realized she was in trouble. Her arm was being crushed beneath her on the verge of breaking, with the other was being clawed at by razor-sharp talons. Dhuum shrieked in her face and she could feel the other foot drawing blood from her stomach. If she didn’t get up soon, she would pass out from blood loss.
“What are you up to?” she managed to stutter. Wincing in pain, she struggled to take her arm out from under her, but heard a tormenting snap from her elbow. Jummy screamed in pain hoping someone from the harbor would hear her, but no one came.
“What do you think I’m up to, hm? Alexis asked while laughing at Jummy’s pain. Leaning down, she whispered in her ear, “You already know, you just don’t know it.” She stood back up, almost falling over laughing. She suddenly fell and seemed dissy.
Almost out of it, Jummy saw a dark cloud appear seemingly from nowhere and surround the two of them and the bird. She heard daggers slicing through flesh and the pressure on her body lessen. Closing her eyes, she felt someone try to lift her off the ground and say, “Its going to be alright.”
Then, all was dark.

What did yall think?
ADS
ADS
Level 10

Female
Guild : Mystical Chaos [MC]
Number of posts : 104
City : Ascalon
Hobbies : Hunting Charr
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Back to top Go down