Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food for thought

2 posters

Go down

Food for thought Empty Food for thought

Post by Akroma Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14 am

What makes a "good/great" guild? Surely everybody has their own opinion on it, and there is also a general rule of thumb that everybody can agree on. I've been around the block, i've seen more guilds inside and out than you could shake a stick at. I've spoke with many leaders and officers, helped more guilds than I can remember, been taken advantage of and everything else in between. I feel very strongly about the great crew that we have and thats why I've come to this point and this post.

This is what I feel that each of you should be asking yourself from here on in; to raise the bar. These are the things that I look at and would hope that all of you do as well.

How many guildies do we have total? (officers and members)
How many guildies are on daily? weekly? (this is how you should rate your guilds "activity")
HOW MANY GUILDIES USE THE WEBSITE AND VENT? (more important as we get closer to GW2)
Does our guild group together often? (Parties, guild meetings, alliance)
Could our guild form a 100% guild only group to go and do (fill in the blank)? Urgoz, VSF, 600/smite, DTSC, DoA
How many "all-stars" do we have in our guild? (people who talk, party, can do this, that, etc.)

The list can go on and on, but I think this is a great start. Ask yourself these questions and if there is anything you'd like to change or improve on, ask the others, post it here, let me know. These can also be improved through our alliance wide recruiting spree over the next few weeks. First things first, quantity, then quality.
Dont get me wrong - I'm VERY grateful for everything that we have in our alliance, always have been. I'm really pumping everybody up to raise the bar and want better for ourselves and our friends that we invited to our guilds.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Food for thought Empty Re: Food for thought

Post by Spice N Dice Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:30 pm

Thats a beautiful sum-up Akroma. The only thing I would add to that is "Who are my officers?". So long as theres a good backbone supporting the guild it won't die out. Otherwise very nice and very helpful advice.
Spice N Dice
Spice N Dice
Level 39

Male
Guild : [RAiD]
Number of posts : 395
City : Madaxersville
Hobbies : Finding every possible way to bug you
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down