Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food For Thought

+4
The Beau Brothers
neoteo
kika
Mighty
8 posters

Go down

Food For Thought Empty Food For Thought

Post by Mighty Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:10 am

*the things i say here are for the best interest of the guild*

what is a guild for?

what service are we providing for our members? what is the purpose for AoL?
are we just providing a good environment for our members?

whats good about that? what do they learn?
why do we constantly have to help our members with reoccuring problems?
are our members getting better as a player?

are our officers doing their job?
whats an officer suppose to do?

Ihave pondered these questions and i have to ask myself why am i here? i enjoy the company i find in AoL but other then that what is there? are we working to help our members become better players? no and if u ask me majority of officers arent furfilling their duty as an officer and iam guilty of this

i mean what are we teaching our members? i havent seen any noticalbe improvement with our members or officers...we need to help them anyone can find company we need to provide a service wheiher its teach ppl how to pvp or farm or w/e

personally i think we need to tighten the requirements for an officer
and personally i think some ppl are undeserving of the title if we continue the guild in this fashion

-Mighty

Mighty
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Food For Thought Empty Re: Food For Thought

Post by kika Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:38 am

Well, I guess everyone that ended up being officers for some reason have the same concerns about the Guild future. I myself see that if I’m at the officer ranks I must give my all to accomplish the main mission, which is helping members being/giving they’re best, being more connective with other members and officers, making the guild a stronger and bigger place in alliances.

As a green officer though, I’m trying to understand what I must do to fulfill that task… like read others officers, more experienced, about they’re concerns and unhappiness about everyone’s role-play here…

I must confess that most of the times I get lost in this whole new world, but has I said, I’m giving my best. Yesterday I realized that we need to recruit more members, and had to ask Beau how to do so, if by advertising or any other way… I’m sure he didn’t mind helping me in that basic issue, recruiting people.

Then again I must say that I’m giving my best too in real life, having 2 kids is something that requires also time, love and presence… therefore I probably don’t spend enough time online to be a good officer.

I’m with you Keng when you say “we need to tighten the requirements for an Office”… anyway, I’ve started to ask other officers to let me watch some basic stuff like pvp battles, teach me about alliances, how to recruit, I’m doing my home work… help me help others.

Cheers
kika
kika
Level 2

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:55 am

i agree with keng , and i am as guilty as any officer could be.
i think the guild is in good shape , its time for some uplifting mood.
our guild is geting stronger and stronger , when i come and sometimes sound unhappy i dont want to blame anyome more them me . as kika said this is a role play game.sometimes i dress the officer role to a level of extreme military fashim kind of hitler.thanks to vogo this guild is still what it is , if i was the leader i dont know what had hapand already.

the reason i think all officers should try and recruit people , including me ofcorse , is becose in a way it splits the randomness of the quality of the members we get , if you know what i mean ... im not saying the quality of the players we have now is not good , im just saying that i think its more interesting if all officers bring people to the guild.

being a officer is all that , helping others , creating a good mood in the guild , having fun with members , showing new players how fun is guildwars , what it is about , skills combinations , weapon moding , farming , pvping , etc etc. we are not a hardcore players guild , even some of us ( cofff me ) sound like it sometimes . i am also a casual player.

about the allience im going to stop posting about it , and talk with vogo and officers online when we meet.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 pm

Please see my latest comment in Something to discuss. It fits this thread as well.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:32 pm

that being said i'd like the officers to b a lil bit more organized about how we help ppl for instance beau kika and myself are beginning officers why not allow us to help the members with stuff that u (neo) ang and james would

iam just saying everyone has a different approach some members respond better to some then others for instance

i think iam well know to carry about a 10 minute conversation b4 doing some for a member then while iam help i'll continue talking to them
i just thing the familarity is key to striking home

but i've been trying to organize the members into training groups and but i didnt have much luck with that if anything we need to have more officer meetings in the hall that way us officers can organize and plan how we want to interact with our members that day or the following days

if ur gonna b an officer u have to do something for the guild
and it has to show
whether its helping ppl with builds
weapons farming armor
or just making their life on gw a lil better
anything as long as u make some1's day ^_^

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:18 pm

All the officers have my absolute respect and I know that they make AoL a better guild!

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male
Number of posts : 179
City : London Canada

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:30 pm

true but letting the officers run wild in this fashion doesnt look good on ur part vogo i kno u trust us but some of us have lost the meaning of what it is to b an officer

i may b an officer but i dont feel as though iam making the guild any better on my own i mean as an officer what am i to do? yea be myself but thats not a goal that the members have in mind we need instruction...

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:14 am

What you might be doing is taking your own doubts and projecting them on the others. Ive known my officers for a long time, the new ones and the ones that have been with AoL for a long time. AoL has been around for a very long time and this is not just some fluke, its all due to the officers that support the guild. You seem to have many questions and doubts about your role as a officer..we can talk about this.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:18 pm

what iam saying simply is this we arent organized as officers we have potential but we have no goal sure we can help the members here and there but they need to add up into a greater purpose iam just saying that as officers maybe we should carry more responsibility instead of respect...

we have the power but what do we intend to do with it?

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:50 pm

To shed some light on this conversation...

Helping members along, teaching them about skills and things to do and not to do, what insignias and runes to use and why, moving them along and gaining experience for them along the way has turned out to be quite promising. It does have a greater purpose for the guild. Back in the day when i was a wee noobie myself, I came across two people who would end up to be long time friends of mine. Promise me tragedy and Mesmeric Divinity. Divinity once taught me the ways of guild wars and now look at me. (Not tooting my own horn here, just follow me on this one) I have become a great asset to Army of Lightness. I following in the same footsteps have met a few people new as can be to the game. I met Qordis Bane when he had only been playing for a few days. Since then I have helped turn Qordis into a GW wrecking machine.

My point is, you never know where potential lies. You never know where and when it'll happen, but great things can happen from the most unlikely people. These people may or may not turn the tides in the future of AoL. They may play the key role in what leads us to guild of the week, an extremely high ranked Faction guild, gvg guild, or wherever.

The goal is there, it may be unseen from the simple things, but everything we do is for this cause.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm

perhaps....but we can stil....nvm

perhaps we are good as we are
idk we'll see

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:08 am

We have room to grow, i'm not saying we dont. we're a great guild, but we havnt reached our full potential yet. there are alot of things that can be tough to pull off effectively like pvp and gvg. it takes alot of routine. people being on that do that constantly and perhaps the only thing they concentrate on doing. its something that has been in the works to even get moving along properly because its not a structured thing within our guild. its not something we've mastered yet. From what i hear from members who have sought out what other guilds are like,they say that their guild is very similar to ours. we're not the only ones with these problems. alot of high ranked guilds out there are just like us. some have got their routines down and those are usually the ones that you see the names all the time from the hall of heros and recognize. which is only a handful. I'd love to see our guilds name up there sure, but to have 10 people on each day who do nothing but pvp and gvg is truly a hard task. finding dedicated members who already know what they're doing. tough to do. there are alot of people who still have no clue about alot of things. people every day that i have to teach them about wiki, teach them about priest of balthazar rewards. teach them about builds. these are the people who will eventually become good enough to one day raise our numbers up high enough to have a full crew for guild vs guild. as you can see, about each day at any given time i'd say we have about roughly 5 people who have a firm grasp on the game. the number will increase with time. meantime officers will have to continue to seed out which members are active, which will turn out to be one of the great ones and turn those people into a mighty army.

man i ramble....btw this should hopefully answer the questions you asked at the start of this thread.

BTW LETS NOT FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL, HAVE FUN !!
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:11 am

Right now the guild is full for all porposes. There are members down at the botttom of the list, but i will not kick them because they have been loyal to me and I return that loyalty to them. Right now wants most on my mind is how to start a new alliance. Not all of the officers are ready to leave this one..and im worried that going off to start a new alliance would cause some unease. Im all for starting a new alliance but we will have to go thu some lean times.

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:48 am

i'll start helping ppl more with builds and understand their proffesion
i try to encourage ppl to duel me but a lot dont must b intimidation or something ^_^ but i'll lead willining members through pvp i dont have enough patience for the long runs of pve but i'll try my best

i started this thread beause i wanted to help us all brainstorm and think of how to solve the problems i thought of
so it seems we'll b going at the same pace we have before but hopefully it'll work

as for alliance idk its an idea i'll keep in mind i'll let u kno if iam ready

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:41 pm

I have a goal to set for the entire guild. As a result of these campaign runs I would like to see us doing some elite things on a regular basis such as the Urgoz runs, or Fissure of woe, Underworld, Domain of Anguish, etc. Members are always asking, "How can i make some gold?" Going to these places drop the best stuff in the game. I want to see a group of 8 guildies doing things like this day after day. Lets really step it up and work our way to being the elite guild that we want to be. Btw urgoz is a group of 12!! I have scrolls to allow us access there.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:42 am

see?

now thats something that i could get into Smile
we could work our way to trying this elite runs
if we could incourage our members to get to these locations we could do something like that

but as with b4 i wouldnt kno where to go ty akroma ^_^

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kika Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:01 am

Finaly Keng is happy Smile
kika
kika
Level 2

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:25 am

Urgoz ELITE MISSION - party of 12 !! (Please note this used to take approx 5-6 hours, now due to Eotn skills they say it can be done in approx under 3)
http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Urgoz%27s_Warren_%28Mission%29
This mission can be started from House Zu Heltzer and a scroll can be used to gain access to bring you there.

Mallyx the Unyielding is a quest and requirement for..
The Ebony Citadel of Mallyx
http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Mallyx_the_Unyielding_%28Quest%29
http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/The_Ebony_Citadel_of_Mallyx
The elite mission is located within the new Domain of Anguish sub-region, accessible through the Chantry of Secrets after completing the Nightfall campaign.

Slavers' Exile
http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Slavers%27_Exile
Its not a quest or mission but its an elite dungeon that takes place within the Eye of the North campaign.

I would also like to see us doing (FFF) as a group on a routine basis. FFF stands for fast faction farming. What it is is farming runs for Kurzick faction which take approx 1 so for 400 Kurzick points. Keep in mind your kurzick title only needs to be maxed once, and all of your characters have that maxed title cause it streches for your entire account!! Some great skills can be used from Kurzick such as "Save yourselves!" All other party members gain +100 armor for 6 seconds. Not only that but we will be donating guild faction to our guild to increase our standings as a guild. We can eventually gain control of several towns within the factions campaign for ALL TO SEE!!!

Dont forget about place like the Underworld and Fissure of Woe which we can get into through the Temple of Ages. Lets not just talk about this stuff, lets push towards doing it. That means finishing campaigns and getting our members to where they need to be. Lets get a strong group of 15-20 members for these.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:21 pm

on the basis of fast faction farming it does not have to be done in teams, ive gotten 3 of my kurzick titles from solo hench and hero, if you want to know how get ahold of me, easier said then done unless you have xfire, and i will tell, then show you step by step, then show you what it should look like and how fast it takes, each run gives 400 faction, 150 gold and 2000 xp, if you have a survivor that is at lutgardis conservatory this is the easiest way in the freaking game to get it to that 2nd and 3rd lvl
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 232
City : Tulsa, OK USA
Hobbies : reading,biking,guild wars
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:23 pm

oh and ps each run takes bout 1.5-2 mins including loading, thats a net gain of
12000 faction,4500 g and 600,000 xp an hr
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:29 pm

well idk perhaps we should start ABing and TBing so we can work on pvp skills but due to the level of difficutly of those missions perhaps we should provide assistance to get to these locations its just a thought....

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:09 pm

xfire -> i think it would be awsome if we could make our members join xfire , and ofcore officers and leader. i have made a zone in xfire for army of lightness.divinity , kika and me have xfire.

elite missions-> i can lead all elite missions in game , besides deep and uw.

pvp skills -> its been one of my goals since i start playing guildwars. my primary goal in the game besides having fun ( heh) is to unlock all skills with my ele.changing secondary profession , is possible to unlock all skills in game with one char. i want that. i have unlocked some skills via pvp faction , but most of them were via pve with my ele. one thing i would like to have help from guildies is cap elite skills. i need almost all , total i must have 100 elite skills maximum , and there are a lot more.i have to organize a list of those that i dont have and check in wiki where to cap ... this will take a lot of time.
im not sure about how many normal skills i have , but i think im near 900 Very Happy
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:50 pm

I'll download Xfire, i have a mic and headset but where do I download it from? I'm also up for elite skills. I feel very strongly about elite skills and how the builds are revolved around them which is another thing I'm trying to teach members about.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kika Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:10 pm

http://www.xfire.com/
kika
kika
Level 2

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:29 pm

whats xfire?

oh about btw i think id b awesome if everyone had team speak or vent Very Happy

id love to hear each other for what they are...
i really would

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAngie Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:52 pm

I agree with Akroma... the best thing about a guild is getting a group together to do hard stuff.... but to do that we have to get people up to speed. I think we should make more of a concerted effort to plan hard missions and get folks there so they can participate.

EvilAngie
Level 3

Male
Number of posts : 35
City : The Big Apple
Hobbies : um... Guild Wars?

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:55 am

xfire is a messaging program, that allows for others to see where you are even if your not on guildwars, if you have someones name you can see what game there on, what they are doing and even chat to them if they are in one game and you are in another, ive had multiple conversatiions with neo while being on gw, but he wasnt

so in lamens terms its an awesome way to keep in touch with anyone

oh and ps. it also has the ability for team chat and ts
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:38 am

yea iam wit akorma i have a hard time doing so missions by myself

so i choose not to do them instead of trying over and over but hey if yaw could get me through them then hey ^_^

oh btw i think we should stress ts for our members
but idk about xifre partly cause i have no idea to use it and it looks
a lil intimating when u load it up so members might not care to try it

i think maybe vent or TS would do just fine but thats just me and my
fascination with the two Very Happy

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilAngie Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:37 pm

I'll volunteer to lead elite missions cuz I've done most repeatedly except for the deep which I've only done once or twice. What I'd like to do is have one day a week set aside for an elite run, say Sunday eve. However it would be nice to play with Neo so maybe some other time is better. Let me know when would be good.

Anyway, Ill post a thread about an initial run... say something easy like FoW

EvilAngie
Level 3

Male
Number of posts : 35
City : The Big Apple
Hobbies : um... Guild Wars?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:06 pm

well its good to lead a run but shouldnt we prepare our members b4 hand?

cause if we rush into it members might have their hopes crushed
plus it wouldnt look good on the runners

so maybe some prepartion should occur b4 hand

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:02 pm

k, im calling you on this kong, she doesnt mean literally run, she means "run" meaning that we will do the entire mission not just parts, like a fow run would be all 12 quests
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:21 am

well ang said run so i just thought
but yea we should do some warm up missions first
like some on the fire islands or something just higher difficulty

BUT
iam concerned
we're suppose to go to the domain of aguish
and ppl are required to have ursan blessing and to have beaten nightfall
what about that doesnt sound like to much to quick?
if u try and do that you'll prolly end up with and officer exclusive squad
arent we trying to help the members and the beginning players?

iam just saying guys its alrite to take steps to accomplish something but planning out how u wanna do it is key

and if u wanna up to stakes right off the back u might fail to bring in a good sized crowd
we should have a sequence of things

helping---> training--> the run or mission

for instance
helping- with builds and teaching the basics of the mission
training- practicing on lower level missions
mission- allow members and beginners to do missions or w/e

iam just saying
but perhaps i overlooked something fill me in

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:01 am

y officer only?

both angie and i had beaten nightfall before entering this guild, also ursan blessing is really early in eotn,

and the problem with helping with lower missions is like this

doa-gate of madness is closest to
the deep-no mission comes close
urgoz-no mission comes close(y? you ask, cause both urgoz and the deep are 12 party missions for a reason)

fow and uw aren't really that hard so we could start with them

and bout builds, i can give you a ranger build that works for me but you would proly suck at cause our gamin techniques are different, also if you have beaten nf then the builds proly wont be a problem cept for the elite which we can help cap

oh and if you didnt know there are reqs for all elite mission, hence y they are elite

urgoz-beat factions with one char, have either been to urgoz or House zu Heltzer

deep-beat factions with one char, have either been to the deep or the luxon capital(name escapes me at the min)

fow/uw(not elite but can still count)-must ascended,wei no sue, or have done all parts of the HUNTED! quest,

doa-must beat nf-and have access to the chamber of secrets

slavers exile-all but black can be done with out beating eotn, all must be done to get to black

so to do any ELITE dungeon you have to beat the game of that dungeon it doesnt matter if ur officer or not, not all the officers have beaten the game with all there chars so we'll have to work toward that too
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:24 pm

officer only because i havent seen any of the members as far as the officers
but idk some members might actually b that far but are overlooked because they just are active in guild events but w/e try ur gates of augish i just hope enough ppl turn out....

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:43 am

just want to add , fow and uw are elite missions.

i have 33 months of guildwars and i had never cleaned uw until a few days ago. guildwars is a non linear game , or can be.

its possible to rush someone from zero and in a few days he is doing doa with rank 10 ursan.

same way its possible for someone like me that have done 6 months of doa only , never been do uw. and uw was there since day one back in 2005.

lol
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down