Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leader Meeting 8-8-2010 2pm EST (revised time)

+4
andracoz
Elbryan Strongheart
Caramon
Kiera
8 posters

Go down

Leader Meeting 8-8-2010 2pm EST (revised time) Empty Leader Meeting 8-8-2010 2pm EST (revised time)

Post by Kiera Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:36 am

Good morning,
Please note I am the current GL of AoL while Akroma focuses on his studies, he once again gave me the keys to the castle so to speak Very Happy

As such I would like to see the Alliance doing more together as it appears from my perspective that at least during the Evenings when I'm online, there isn't a whole lot of Alliance socialization, partying-up, and such going on. It's rather creepy quiet and has bothered me as an Officer because yes Guild-Partying is of importance BUT also venturing out with your Allies is equally important I believe because it gives more options of things to do, people to talk to, and fun to be had. Unfortunately I'm at work during the daytime when our International Guilds are online, how is it then? Very active alliance-wide or sort of on the quiet side? Would each of you be willing to encourage both Officers and Members to branch out more into the Alliance, from simple greetings/goodbyes to joining in parties to even forming up adventure parties?

Also, what are YOUR thoughts on the current state of the Alliance? What can we be doing that we're not? What needs to be fixed? And what is good?

*grins*
Looking forward to partying up with you all!
- Kiera

ADDED: How would ya'll feel about a Guild Leader and Officers meeting this weekend just to bounce ideas off each other and come up with some things we can do for fun? Also there are some Officers that I've heard have no clue who their fellow officers are and I think that sad Sad Sad so anyway let me know if this is doable for most of you and your peeps, am thinking what about Sunday 8-Aug at 12pm est?

Last edited by Kiera on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ok so I was stretching by leaping in big with fellow GL's AND Officers... one bite at a time!)
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Leader Meeting 8-8-2010 2pm EST (revised time) Empty Re: Leader Meeting 8-8-2010 2pm EST (revised time)

Post by Kiera Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:48 pm

So... many of you have checked the forum since I posted Smile would Sunday 8-Aug at 12pm est for a Guild Leader meeting work for the majority or no?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Leader Meeting 8-8-2010 2pm EST (revised time) Empty Re: Leader Meeting 8-8-2010 2pm EST (revised time)

Post by Caramon Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:59 am

Congrats Kiera on your promotion. Smile And as of this moment, I should be able to make the noon meeting on Sunday. If anything changes, I'll let you know.
Caramon
Caramon
Level 0

Guild : The Warlords of Destruction [BOOM]
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:01 am

very cool Caramon! Akroma is also going to try and be here for it so he can see what we're up to while he's gone.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Hiya Kiera gz on gl promo. 12pm est may be a problem since I work midnights through the weekend and go to bed at 8:30am and usually dont get up till 1:30- 2pm . that being said I'd very much like a meeting it sounds like a good idea:)
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:46 pm

2pm EST be a better fit I'm wondering?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm

should be for me . I sent you a more in depth message. Smile
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:00 pm

I've been asked for specifics on what will be covered and as I see it, these are the key points to be brought up, please feel free to add more:
* Increasing Alliance Activity.

* State of each Guild because happy active healthy guilds equal a solid and FUN Alliance. There's a difference between a mega guild that's pretty much silent compared to a 25-member guild that's super active, social whether in vent or via Alliance-Chat, and all over the place putting together party-ups and bunni-herding people into doing things regularly.

* Whats working and whats not so needs to be fixed in the Alliance.

* Common courtesies in Alliance chat which is a HUGE issue apparently. I understand cultural and regional differences, BUT being courteous is universal and it's up to all GL's and their Officers to step in as moderators for Alliance Chat when people begin asking for a topic to stop or asking someone to stop trolling. What each Guild decides is acceptable within their own Guild Chat is their business, but within Alliance Chat, the as-always flame subjects of politics, religion, and sex have got to stop being brought up. If we are trying to have a FUN Alliance, it's rather difficult if people are continually having to SHUT OFF Alliance chat because a handful refuse to listen when they are told to knock it off or take to whispers. (myself I run with scissors and eat chalk but I do have manners in Alliance Chat)

* Having the Guild Leaders do something together FREQUENTLY (dungeon, vq, urgoz, etc) because how often do you all party up or at least talk in-game to one another?

Also AoL has reconfirmed our closed-door policy where guild-hopping has been shut down, both for incoming and outgoing. How many of you have something similar or you don't perceive it as an issue if people move through the Alliance Guilds?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by andracoz Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:09 pm

Gratz Wink Yea i have been busy myself lately but sunday should be fine, i look forwards to seeing you all.
andracoz
andracoz
Level 2

Male
Guild : Lions Arch Guard
Number of posts : 21
City : Gloucester uk
Registration date : 2010-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dam Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:45 am

Unless something drastic happens I will be able to make the meeting on sunday xD
Dam
Dam
Level 60

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 646
City : Albuequerque, NM
Hobbies : Guild wars, Comedy, Books, art.
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Carseus Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Once I work out the difference between EST and GMT I'll be fine to make the meeting Embarassed
Carseus
Carseus
Level 11

Male
Guild : IE
Number of posts : 110
City : London
Hobbies : Getting killed by my guildies!!
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Meeting Notes from Today's Meeting to catch all who were unable to attend up to speed.
Here: Kiera, Akroma briefly, Dam-RAiD, Deadly-BoD, Dalimar-RLR, Carseus-iE
Topics covered-
- Ally Leaders will be meeting once a week on Sunday's 2pm EST (new york time) and beginning immediately (so the next is 15-Aug) even if it's brief just to touch base with each other, find out how our plan to make things more lively, fun, and active for all is working out. Once all GL's feel the Ally is where it should be, this naturally can be reduced down.
- Agreement on zero tolerance for not respecting when asked to stop in ally-chat. It will be up to each Guild to monitor their people and reinforce this, meaning Officers and GL's need to step in. Most Guilds present seem to have the one-chance policy to stop, and if they don't then they are kicked. If this cannot be done, then the Guild will be removed until the person has either been kicked once an Officer or GL gets on or they agree to hush when asked. Getting people upset is simply not cool as this is a game we all put time into seeking fun. (lol I work 8+ a day and last thing I want to do is see such nonsense going on without having a stop put to it)
- Guild Leader party-up regularly, as Dam pointed out the more the GL's do things together then it will trickle down to Officers and Members partying up more as well.... there by reducing the "this ally sucks" feeling.
- UW speedclears was brought up and if there are people in the Ally that are willing to teach others so that MORE groups can go, same with DoA. Guilds have people hungry for both, but not enough knowledge to go around.
- Activity. Even though it's currently holiday for most, there simply needs to be MORE people regardless of their title in each Guild, willing to step up and participate more. Whether it's answering a call for help in Ally-Chat to forming up an adventure to be had.
- Forum, vent and ally-chat. All three contribute to feeling like belonging and it is strongly encouraged that all Guilds keep on reminding their people they exist and to use. For vent even without a mic but can listen as many currently do shouldnt be a problem, same with forum because that's where a lot of information, parties, and just sillyness to break up the days goes. Ally-chat provides connection to the other Guilds and a sense of community.
- Hanging out in Locked Channels on vent. Agreement to encourage all to be in the open channels as much as possible. Of course when doing something that requires focus or if your Guild is having a meeting, that's one thing, but to continually be locked away from the rest using vent, that's anti-social and not an effective use of a communication tool.
- Deadly suggested having Inter-Ally PvP with all interested coming to a GH, splitting into two teams by two Captains picking people, and going to fight, excellent idea as there are many through the Alliance interested in getting more into the PvP side *grins* plus a friendly battle between allies is always interesting. With Deadly's work schedule, looking for someone to pick this up and run with it.

Think that's everything, at least all I wrote down from both the team-chat and vent, please add if I missed anything!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by andracoz Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Heya
Sorry i didn't make it to the meeting. i logged in 40 mins too late. Had a really busy weekend and had to walk the dog and didn't see the time.

Just had a look through the meeting topics and at first glance i agree with everything said. So gl meets willl be 7pm gmt on sundays then yea? sounds good to me. Plz all feel free to give me a shout in game concerning any matter, i have not been able to be as organised as usual of late.
andracoz
andracoz
Level 2

Male
Guild : Lions Arch Guard
Number of posts : 21
City : Gloucester uk
Registration date : 2010-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Since I'm HORRIBLE lol with time conversions I went here
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
and 2pm EST New York Time per that site comes out to be
7pm London
8pm Amsterdam & Brussels
9pm Helsinki
Cheers!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:12 am

i appologise i couldnt join the meeting, i wont explain why, this topic isnt for what i have to say. but i will post a topic about it in a min so u all know what's going on

EDIT:
but i will do my best to join the next meeting (aug 15. i believe?) but in case i wont be able to come, would u mind if Bokje comes instead of me? i have him on xfire so he can keep me informed about what's going on. becouse atm, i dont even have GW installed on my PC Sad
MJ
MJ
Level 2

Female
Guild : not in the alliance
Number of posts : 25
City : Slovenia
Hobbies : GW, AION
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Hey all again!

First, apologies for not being able to join the last meeting, I was absent.. of my pc and internet for bit over than week, would have love to join! So I shall definitely join the next one =)

If I may, even if I was not present on previous meeting, I have urge to comment still on the subjects, so here they are:

- Weekly Alliance Leader meetings: Absolutely great. I want to “work tight” with the “boss-group” Very Happy. I feel the need of bonding with all of you and the guilds. And since the meetings will be so frequently, more chances of us to meet, if some specific days won’t work for some of us, next week might make up for it Smile

- Agreement on zero tolerance for not respecting when asked to stop in ally-chat: This has been HEH guideline for long time so I totally agree as well. And I’m sure that the procedure of how things are handled in each guild varies from each other, but the goal should be always same: fix it for the alliance, whatever your way is. =)

- Guild Leader party-up regularly: Yeah sounds good Very Happy How about gathering in some guildhall or alliance leaders vent channel to talk casual or “official” alliance matters, regular or not but simply if we happen to log in same time, habit of checking which of us “bosses” are on can lead to gathering and vent or random fun. Very Happy

- UW speedclears: I have not finished either so looks like I am the one in need of teaching. Seriously. But anyway, Officers Dan and Matt of HEH are the ones who done at least DoA much so yea that hunger is in HEH too. Officer Dan (IGN Elayne Clayr) said to me that he is happy to organize and teach DoA for those who want when he is online and available. He will state in ally-chat when he is about to go, he has been teaching pugs too.

- Activity: HEH still suffering of not having a nice activity level. We have about 8-15 people online daily, but mostly in different times! And myself, I have a problem with time. It just… vanishes somewhere after I get home from work! And I am really really pushing to get a moment of peace to work with the new HEH website and cannot stop until it’s done. Obsessed of it some might say, but still loving every moment of spending time editing it Very Happy. We are still recruiting..sometimes. Not effectively lately either. Especially when I was now lately inactive myself. We are trying to fix this as a team with officers. Really really trying.. for months : ‘ ( … I’ll keep you posted of this, whether its desperation or success-moment. =) Must fix this to be able to contribute to alliance more.

- Forum, vent and ally-chat: Forums are addicting to me, when there is time to dive in them! (yes again mentioning my worst enemy: Time!) I keep spreading message of ally and heh forum but I guess I have to do a bit better. Of course I can’t force people to post on forums.. or Can I Wink Hehehehe. On serious note, this also points that HEH needs to grow. If 1 of every 5 members is addicted to forums like me, we simply need bigger group Very Happy . All 3, Forum, vent & ally-chat are important.

- Hanging out in Locked Channels on vent: Whoops,, I admit being one of them whom instantly enters the chat room with guildies... as the idea in guild chat goes like this: “Hey let’s do something in-game.” “Ok.” “Anyone in vent?”, “Can be in a sec.” Then everyone follows the first one, which ever channel it is, AB, FA, some mission. If we need privacy, then its most likely officer meeting in HEH channel. Then time flies, and soon its bed-time. OMG. I didn’t realize it’s anti-social, from all the babble & craziness going with guildies there, but yea,, if it is mostly guildies in channel, we are like isolated from the rest.. O_O When the HEH session has been over, I’d love to jump in the crowded channels, just sometimes I’m guessing everyone there is already wrapped up with something and don’t wanna interrupt! I have feeling some guildies feel same.. I have been few times on mixed guild channels, but not enough. I guess, it needs to be stated even more, in each guild or the forum that everyone is welcome to social channels, no matter when you log in and if you aren’t grouped with the rest on the channel. =) But I have to remind of this: we have years of HEH-only-TeamSpeak usage behind, so we just have got used to babbling with guildies Very Happy, I have no problem with updating this to 10 guild alliance mixed chat Smile . Alliance leader weekly meeting vent chat sessions sound nice and getting to know each other better, then getting the urge to join channels where others are. What I try say is: I love vent and babbling generally. What I and rest of HEH need to do is break our old habits! Very Happy

- Inter-Ally PvP with all interested coming to a GH: Sounds great, there have been inquiries from new HEH members if we could do some HA tutorials or GvG sessions sometimes, just lack of the 8 members online same time lately. : ( We can help each other in this area. =)

- About Guild hopping: This is can be problematic when ex-member of alliance tries to get in and we, even if we ask the person, can never be sure if it’s the same person on different account etc. Back in the days when HEH was alliance leader, we had policy of no “stealing” of ally members. If person wanted to switch guild, the leaders met and told their opinions of the change, whether they agree or not. Because I found it sad to see guilds slowly break and lose members, we didn’t want to invite ally members..except if the guild, sadly, did broke and those ally-buddies had nowhere to go. How have you handled the situations when guild member wants to join ally guild, with no kicks in this story or arguments between each other in the guild, just simply person who wants to switch environment?

About time zones and that also me is having major problems memorizing them: here are also some links I had to put into my signature in HEH forums, because so many zones to remember.
Convert Time Zones!
What time is it everywhere:
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/
http://wwp.eastern-standard-time.com/
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

So that was all for now. Gawd. I am so slow it took a writing session of 2 evenings to put my thoughts together for this post, and I still think i forgot something. Very Happy Very Happy Hehehehee.

See you on Sunday, I will try arrive in time! Very Happy 9 pm my time it seems, thanks Kiera for stating that earlier =)

Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down