Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So you're interested in being an officer of AoL...

2 posters

Go down

So you're interested in being an officer of AoL... Empty So you're interested in being an officer of AoL...

Post by Kiera Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:21 am

Since the question comes up every so often of what does it take to be an Officer in AoL, let me share with you just a few key points of what we (meaning myself and the Officers) look for.
1. Activity. Is the member a social, friendly, active player? Do they take initiative in forming parties? Do they regularly use both Forum and Vent? Do they have the time, because life/work/school comes first, to actually BE an Officer? It's not a job but it does come with responsibilities and expectations.

2. Behaviour. Is the member calm under pressure? Are they helpful and try to answer questions or at least acknowledge the question being asked if they can't answer? Do they say Hello and Goodbye when people either greet or bid goodnight in Guild/Ally-Chat? Are they nice and play well with others? Are they mature and responsible regardless of whatever the situation is?

3. Goals. Do they have their own set of game-goals or things they'd like to do in GW? Do they mind helping others achieve theirs especially if the two tie together?

There are many more, but these are three of the most important we watch for in any potential Officer. How long someone has been in AoL does play a part but in fairness-- someone who's been in the Guild for 3yrs and normally is off doing their own thing and not involved with the rest of the Guild, compared to someone who joined 3mo ago and is very social, online constantly, along with partying up with Guildies, uses forum, and yes even vent .... clear choice of the person who WANTS to be a part of the Guild and not just a name on the guild-list or place to park their toon.

I hope for our newer members this helps, and please let me caution you.... do not ask to be one as you will get turned down Very Happy . I will approach you if we feel you would be a good fit based on what we've seen and experienced with you as a member. Then it is your choice whether you accept the position and I promote you.

Any questions or concerns, please feel free to drop me a PM here via forum.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

So you're interested in being an officer of AoL... Empty Re: So you're interested in being an officer of AoL...

Post by Blank De Ratche Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 am

Kiera you forgot one.
5. Don;'t leave the guild in a drunken stupor. (this one is more important that one might think)
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

So you're interested in being an officer of AoL... Empty Re: So you're interested in being an officer of AoL...

Post by Kiera Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:40 pm

nono the alibi is while mousing over the guild roster, sneezing, and next thing ya know, poof gone from the guild!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:07 pm

why didn't I think of that?
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:23 pm

*winks* is why they pay me the big bux, to come up with these things!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down