Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Old Allience Leader

4 posters

Go down

New Old Allience Leader Empty New Old Allience Leader

Post by neoteo Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:24 am

As it seams, my turn of being alliance leader on gw1 as come. This brings me the question who will be alliance leader on gw2.

i will be able to be online during the week at hours like 9 PM EDT to 7 AM EDT.

Standard time zone : UTC/GMT -5 hours
Daylight saving time : +1 hour
Current time zone offset : UTC/GMT -4 hours

my plan is to have weekly meetings with all guilds leaders and officers from all guilds.
i have a extra prophecies account that i want to use to see how other guilds are doing, will need help from leaders and/or officers to send invites from time to time.
The plan is to get back to increasing the size of the alliance, getting more guilds hopefully people with energie to keep the alliance fun.
As well as keep with the current alliance activities and weekly guild rotations activities.

I might not be able to speak on mumble, so we have to type it.

I will start with a proposed date/time

Every Thursday 9 pm EDT

please post alternatives if this does not fit your schedule.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

New Old Allience Leader Empty Re: New Old Allience Leader

Post by Hennu Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Hey!

Sadly..That time is 4 am in my time, so I am sleeping then. I would suggest 4-5 pm EDT on Thursdays. Or at least every other week it could be 9 pm EDT and every other 9 pm GMT or CET (which is something 4'ish pm EDT).

Pardon me, but I am missing some recent news & history detail, so I got few questions if you don't mind:

- Aura is stepping down as leader? As of.. now? Was this sudden or planned earlier? Question

- When HEH joined AoL, Akroma was leader. After Akroma, Kiera became leader and then Aura. And.. according to WIKI, you were the founder and first leader of AoL? So indeed, its then..welcome back to leader position? Very Happy I am interested of the Alliance history and like to be up-dated even with the old stories! Were you leader only in the early years of AoL or again later? Did you go on a break and now back active? Smile

- We currently are few guilds short and again I ask/suggest that if possible, can we get couple EU ones? Not naggin about that "all events are US times, unfair" etc, but offering myself and HEH being EU activity planner (with a little help from friends), if we get at least one more EU guild, so we could team up with that guild and take turns organizing weekly EU zone activities, not just weekends. Smile

- Do you have goals that also the guilds grow invidually larger? I must say now for starters that HEH has no plans of trying to grow into a very giant guild, that would break the small happy family -idea, but we are willing to negotiate about it, and recruit bit. Smile Quality > Quantity.

- Did you mean you are suggesting that we should talk about whos gonna lead AoL in GW2? I dont have any other primary suggestion than that Aol GW2 leader should be the one who is leading in GW1. :O Except if both places need separate leader when the "conversion of GW1->GW2 times are present".

I also look forward to GW2 times with this same alliance. Yet no clear path, how to cope with there not being an alliance-forming possibility, but somehow that can be fixed that we are united in 1 guild there, and have some sort of alliance meetings.

Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Wb to the leader spot. As far as meetings go thursdays at 9pm edt won't work for me as thats the middle of my nap before i go to work at 11 pm .wednesdays at 9 pm edt arent bad as that's my expected usual day off. Corporate america often rquires otherwise though so i may be unavailable if i get scheduled overtime. I have to agree with Hennu about the quality over quantity thing we have a close knit group that are on daily who are like family to me and that gives us 15-20 active every day but about 30 on per week out of the 67 on the roster (not ideal i know)and recruiting has been almost impossible as of late. As always I will continue to try though.
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:58 am

Welcome back Neoteo Ex Animo as AoL's GL Smile
Please note for those not familiar with our /wiki, Neo founded the guild in 2006 and then turned it over to Vogo as his real-life become more pressing. Then the Guild passed to Akroma, myself, Dayle temporarily, then Aura until back to him.

while I normally do not post on Leaders thread, this begged a response to welcome him back Smile

I expect Neo to lead AoL through the transition into GW 2, and then make AoL a guild to be reckoned with in both `1 and '2 Smile as I'm sure we all have in our guilds people that are not making the hop into 2 right off the bat so we owe it to them Smile

Last edited by Kiera on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:10 am

- long story short , i created AoL and was leader for a few months , but after because of time diference i pass it to vogo who was the leader before akroma and i was a active officer until i got married.

now im back because i got a job where i could install guildwars in my office computer and im in a possition of supervisor , so i'm in charge of the room where im sitting.

i will not be able to join many adventures ,, but i can do the political part of meeting with leaders and offficers and members of the allience , to lissen and plan how to reach everyones goals.

my primary goal now besides getting to know everyone in the alliance is to get the alliance back to 10 guilds.

i dont mean to have all guilds full , for me if a guild as a good small group is fine.

i agree quality > quantity

i want to check on guilds to know if there is a dead guild in the alliance.

as for our meetings ... i dont mind doing 4-5 PM EDT , lets see what other leaders have to say.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 am

if its ipossible to get all leaders in one place at a time , i will talk to one by one when i see one online
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am

Feel free to pm me anytime. I can usually be found between 4-11pm eastern sunday - wednesday and 4 -6:30 pm eastern thursday - saturday. once a month on Saturdays or Sundays I can be available as early as 2pm eastern but I'll need advanced notification so i can plan ahead. If for some reason you can't get me or our times just don't meet up, feel free to pm "Jade Dragoon Lavitz" or "Midnight Shadows X" as they are my 2 most active officers and I trust them with any and all things that have to do with RLR.
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Oki thanks for all those answers Neo Very Happy! I will search forums and keep eye open for possible new ally guild candidate and pass informations to you if something looks promising. Smile

Coming to check HEH roster is fine by us. There are bunch of old active HEH players whom I just don't have the heart to kick, but we can talk about it afterwards how it all seems to you, are we half alive or half dead.. Very Happy

My holidays have started, just 1 week for now, then 6 more workdays, and then 2 weeks holiday xD. (Yea a bit splitted but gotta take it when its possible)

So..I should be able to come when needed! Of course the upcoming weekend Saturday and Sunday I am definitely online as its HEH weekend events.

Tonight Sunday I am online once in a while EU times till around midnight Finland time, which is 9 GMT and 5 pm EST.

If we dont meet, then lets pm for thos invidual meetings Smile.
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content