Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GW2 Character Biography Contest!

+3
Deathscythe Hel
Hennu
Lolana
7 posters

Go down

GW2 Character Biography Contest! Empty GW2 Character Biography Contest!

Post by Lolana Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Since we all dream about Guild Wars 2, and our future characters, I thought I would do a contest inspired by just that.

To Enter:
Fill out the following list as detailed and fanciful as you can imagine. Base it off the GW2 Character Creation and add a twist to it to make your character more customized to you. (EX. You want your character to come from a poor or wealthy background, but why?) You can even try to find art to inspire how your character may look by searching the internet or screenshots you may have taken in beta.

• Character Name:
  • Race:
  • Biography:
  • Prize Preference (First and Second Choice):

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Prizes:
  • The Survivalist: 3 Stack of Clovers & 10 Con Sets
  • The Bunny Boom: 2 Stack of Chocolate Bunnies & Unded Celestial Bunny & Unded White Rabbit
  • Into the Unknown: 1 Stack of Wintersday Gifts & 50 Festival Prizes & 1 3rd Year Birthday Present & 1 7th Year Birthday Present; all of which are unopened of course.
  • The Grinch: 20 Globs of Ectoplasm & 20 Obsidian Shards & 100k
  • Life of the Party: 1 Stack of Sparklers & 1 Stack of Bottle Rockets & Battle Isle Iced Tea & 1 Keg of Aged Ale & 10 Disco Balls & 20 Red Rock Candies & Party Beacon

((This is part of the [Bye] Ally Weekend Event and will be available for entry probably until Thursday the 21st of June! Date may be extended due to activity.))
Lolana
Lolana
Level 3

Female
Guild : [Bye]
Number of posts : 35
City : Washington
Registration date : 2010-11-26

Back to top Go down

GW2 Character Biography Contest! Empty Re: GW2 Character Biography Contest!

Post by Hennu Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:36 am

Hey! This is really exciting and inspiring contest, thanks for putting it up Lolana! Very Happy And amazing rewards waiting, and all it needs is a little effort from participant Very Happy.

2 Questions so I can spread the info to guildies:

- Shall everyone post their own Char-Bio-Facts into this topic, or send to you?

- Will there be a vote of the entries or Jury that decided winners?
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathscythe Hel Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm 95% sure that you can post them in this topic.
Deathscythe Hel
Deathscythe Hel
Level 2

Male
Guild : Bye
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:40 pm

I spent hours on this website last winter. I have to do so again, as I am making different characters at the moment as oppose to my earlier thoughts. I'll work on one of my characters intently Smile
Cool contest, thanks! Wink

I recommend using that link up there ^ to get help on things to write about.

Last edited by Finnguala on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:29 pm

@ Deathscythe: LOL yeah, I was 95 ½ % sure as well and decided to ask.. xD

@ Finn: Yeah I saw my bf on that website last winter as well, spending time there making all kinds of builds! xD It looks nice, gives gw2 anxiousness, definitely can inspire us to hop in char-background story creation mood! Thx for putting it up here,had forgotten about that place.. (+ can learn french.. xD)

Edit: Btw meant this spot: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:37 pm

[img:4c4a]https://lightness.forumotion.com/GW2 Character Biography Contest! Sylvari[/img]

Character Name: Moonlight Orchid

Race: Sylvari

Profession: Gaurdian

Prize pref: 1st.. The Survivalist 2nd… The Grinch

Biography:

Born under the moonlight’s glow, I arose from the Palm tree. Beams reach down to caress my face, as beautiful as a white orchid, to guild and protect me. It was in that moment, I was named Moonlight Orchid.

Through the Guardian’s Virtue of Justice, Courage and Resolve, I will protect the innocent and heal those who need my protection and compassion , give strength and courage to those who fight against evil and hinder those who seek to harm my allies with justice’s wrath.

While coming home from his last battle, an old wounded soldier found me cradled on a bed of moss, sleeping under the moonlight’s glow. Raised by his strong but gentle hands, I looked up at my ailing father who taught me right from wrong and filled my soul with dignity and truth. His stories of battles fought and evil’s defeated has shown me how to resist the temptations of evil and fight those eager to strike me down.

Now I travel to distant lands, guided and protected by the moon’s steady light and follow its righteous path, seeking out those who need my assistance and to defeat and strangle the weeds of the world’s destructive forces.

Last edited by vickster on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

GW2 Character Biography Contest! Empty Finnguala Eibhleann

Post by Finnguala Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Character Name: Finnguala Eibhleann
Finnguala means "fair, white" in Gaelic, Eiblheann means "beauty, radiance" in Gaelic and is descendant from the word "torch" in Greek.
Race: Sylvari
Profession: Mesmer
Prize Preference (First and Second Choice): "Life of the Party" (Gotta go for them titles on Archy <3), and next: "The Grinch" (Who doesn't want all that?)

Biography:
Finnguala Eibhleann is a complex individual. He is awed by the complexities of magic. Eibhleann is most entwined with a fearful curiosity of death. At first, Eibhleann was fixed to follow the path of a Necromancer due to this curiosity. As a Sylvari, death is a difficult concept as they are so young a race; in spite of this, he was drawn towards the art of a Mesmer. Death still eludes him though, his vision of the Green Huntsman is inexplicably a subject on his mind at most times - as he was killed, but did not die. Because of this seeming illusion, the Mesmer was most intriguing. His natural tendency to learning is appropriate to his "birth" at dusk. Eibhleann has a racial sympathy to every race, he wishes each race on Tyria to the right to grow if they are not threatening life. An example of this retaliative philosophy would be the attacks of the Krait that initiated Eibhleann to delve into Tyria away from the protection of the Pale Tree and of the Tarnished Coast. The Krait are vicious, he was steadfast in repelling their attacks.
"Quaggan needs Sylvari's help. Quaggan's quaggan village in trouble! Krait kill quaggan! Quaggan escaped!"
The first test of his skills was at that moment, and he proved himself worthy in usurping the minds of his opponents. This feat urged him onward to try and become a hero of Tyria.

GW2 Character Biography Contest! CT_imageGenerator

My main inspiration for making a Sylvari is their lore... Ventari is probably my favorite character, as if there are options for my Sylvari in his storyline, he will be influenced by Ventari. Picture that shows the lore, how Ventari waited for something he didn't even know:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Finnguala on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:00 pm

•Character Name: Elbryan Strongheart

•Race: Human

•Profession: Ranger

•Prize Preference : 1, the Grinch 2, The survivalist

Biography:

I am Elbryan Strongheart I was born to a merchant family of high standing and even higher means in our community. Well at least we used to be. You see, my parents and my brother were killed and my sister is missing and I fear dead as well. We were returning home after a very successful trade fair when we were attacked by centaurs. My father told me to run away and don't look back. I ran for what felt like forever. When I was too exhausted to run any longer I slept under a blanket of stars at the base of a large tree.I thought it was strange at the time that as I slept I felt a female presence watching over me and guiding me in my dreams. After several nights I came to the tavern of my fathers most trusted friend. A common man who is by no means common in my eyes, Andrew and his daughter Petra. They took me in and helped me to become the man I am today. A man with dignity and compassion. When I was first taken in by Andrew I told him of the feeling I had when i slept under the tree on that night and he explained to me that I was watched over by none other than Melandru herself and she must have a reason for keeping me safe. He introduced me to a ranger who trained me to be one with nature, a faithful follower of Melandru and who gave me the skills to track and find out what happened to my sister be she alive or dead. Now I spend my days as a defender of the weak and downtrodden as I quest to find answers and a way to fill the void where my family was.
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:47 am

Character Name: Erika Nightblade
Race: Norn
Profession: Warrior
Prize Preference: 1st The Grinch and 2nd The Survivalist

Biography:

I am Erika Nightblade, a norn.. a true warrior, born in the Shiverpeaks to my Fearless Warrior father and Wise Shaman mother. I belong to the Night-clan, clan started over 500 years ago, a clan that finally unites the human and the norn and other creatures of Tyria..

My close human friends, fellow-clanmates Nightflame & Nightshade need my strenght and help on their adventures and I, have granted my assistance to them whenever I am needed.

For years I fought alone. I wanted to fight alone. When my mother initiated me to the Night-clan..I realized that I am part of a bigger plan. Today, I have come to learn that there are people who need my help. I have sworn to protect the innocent and bring justice to world..and to help my friends. I do not have to fight alone anymore. United we shall show our enemy our true force and what our Might, Power and Wisdom together can truly be! Bear, my spirit guide, teaches that there's a time to be forceful and a time to be gentle. I will honor this balance and act upon it how my heart tells me.. but I advice..do NOT stand in my way when I am protecting someone!

I am strong and I work hard to maintain my physical strenght. And Of course, I am invulnerable on the battlefield... Wink Want a challenge? Fight me! He he he..

GW2 Character Biography Contest! ErikaNightblade

Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:00 am

So, is this still going? :O
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:18 pm

I don't know if Lolana has come back on to see them or host the end of contest... don't worry Finn... I'm winning...hehehehe Razz
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Lies! My Sylvari is flawless!
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:11 pm

If this wasn't so far past the proposed end date, I'd write mine up. But it would take a while....I have a pretty well thought out ancestry and history for all of my characters. heh. They are related, if distantly. Wink And yes, all of them are different races. Mostly. Because, ya know, there aren't enough races to make each class a different race. :3
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 629
City : Plantersville, TX
Hobbies : Most anything to do with Dinosaurs. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Sadly... we've been forgotten about... all that work for nothing...boo hoo!!! Just holding the carrot out for the horse.... to what end!!! silent
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down