Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Contest/Activity

4 posters

Go down

Next Contest/Activity Empty Next Contest/Activity

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 pm

1. Shall we start a new lotto right away, or wait a bit?

2. Another contest I'm simmering is a scavenger hunt. It will be like the photo hunt, but bigger with bigger prizes. I was thinking it could include screenshots of unique places and possibly items. Since it is not a lotto, prizes would depend on the guild bank and donations. Maybe we could do an entry fee, but would have to get people to agree to the fee before I posted the screenshots and items needed.

I'm not set on the idea of items considering many players will have most of them already and may be difficult for newer players. Also, should screenshots be restricted to lower levels or should we offer to run people to locations if they want to participate. I would say nothing in Orr cause low levels would die 100 times on a run through there.

What are your thoughts?

I'm gonna try a new simple photo hunt today Very Happy

The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Next Contest/Activity Empty Re: Next Contest/Activity

Post by Matt4Sin Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:19 am

A scavenger hunt sounds fun. How I think we could do it is to not include that many high lvl areas (65+). But mostly the lower lvl areas. How long the contest in itself should last, I think, not that long. Maybe 5 days, and not that many screenshots either.

Not sure how you are thinking we do it, but an idea I have is that one take a screenshots from a place. Exsample, LA Mystic Forge, and people need to post a picture from the same place(as close to the originale screenshot as possible) without name but with their character in it.

Something else that my guild back in GW1 used to do is hide and seek. We would randomly say in GC that [Player] is going to hide in [Game] and then whoever wanted to come would show up in GH give that person, say 1plat, and 10 min later we would start looking for him. First one to find him won the price. Almost the same as scavenger hunt but shorter and with a player to look for.

If we where to do a nother lotto, I'm up with that.

Matt4Sin
Level 3

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 am

Yeah.. AoL and the alliance back in GW1 did hide and seek... iv always wanted to do one here in 2... but im on a different server Dx but i bet it will just as fun so i vote Hide and seeeek Very Happy
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:21 am

We did individual photo hunts earlier in the game, but they didn't get much interest. I'm gonna do one of those very soon. But I was thinking of a bigger one with bigger prizes maybe like 10 pictures and first one to get all 10 wins. Just like when I do my solo picture first one to post a match wins.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Clem Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:32 pm

HIDE AND SEEK

Clem
Level 8

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:20 pm

I like the idea of hide and seek. I could do hide and seek while I'm doing my homework Wink That way I won't mind sitting in one spot for a long time. Only issue I would see is if I'm not watching the screen when someone finds me... I suppose if you can't get my attention a screen shot could be taken with both toons in it and Guild chat with time stamp just in case more than one person finds me.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content