Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2 Release

5 posters

Go down

Guild Wars 2 Release Empty Guild Wars 2 Release

Post by neoteo Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:14 am

Dear Guild Leaders of the alliance.

The time as come for us to decide the future of our alliance. I have heard that some of the guild leaders are willing to make their own separated guild on gw2. I will on this thread fight for a different future. A future where our alliance is still a alliance and where we all play for the same goals.

a quote from this http://www.guildwars2junkies.com/2012/06/25/five-reasons-to-love-the-guild-system says " You can be a member of multiple guilds simultaneously with a single character. Keep in mind that you can only choose to represent one of those guilds at a time."

This leaves us with 2 options.

1 - each guild of the alliance creates a guild , and each member is part of their own guild and adds the others guilds of the alliance on the guild rooster but can only represent their own guild. witch means there will not be a better reason to party up besides being old friends from gw1 alliance. and their guild rooster is full with guilds they already know, leaving no space for new and random guilds. might not have space for all the guilds in our alliance even.

2 - We create a new guild with all the members from the alliance ! my vision is to even create a new name, something like " Alliance of Lightness " can be discussed ... and have everyone in the alliance play for the same goals , fight for the same influence.

- Hierarchies - i have noticed that there are many permissions that can be setup , its not just leader , officer and member. I think we could have more then one person with full permissions , so instead of having one guild leader , all the current guild leaders would have full permissions.

- Multiple Guilds - each person besides being on our united guild would have all the guild slots empty to join random guilds and meet new people.

Army of Lightness - I have a feeling if we dont do this , the alliance will be reduced to very inactive accounts on guildwars1 and on the forum ... imo it doesn't make sense for us to separate what was so hard to unite.

After the guild system was revealed, I would like to know what other alliances are doing , but i think the natural way to do it is to merge the alliance into one guild, . in the beta we could see that we didn't have enough room to add 10 guilds, that for me says what Anet is planing for alliances to do. Im sure they dont want us to just go apart on our own ways , they want us to form one united strong group of players. and the empty guild slots are for random guilds that will eventually lead into new players, a new style of recruiting.

I wish we can group all leaders somehow and discuss this, if not on mumble or ingame .. lets do it here.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 Release Empty Re: Guild Wars 2 Release

Post by Captain Ozone Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:35 am

Neo I am all for your second option a single guild will yield many more advantages, that way we can still have the ally based chat that we do now. You can count on my support ....

Last edited by Captain Ozone on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Ozone
Captain Ozone
Level 5

Male
Guild : The Warlords Destruction
Number of posts : 53
City : Thousand Oaks
Hobbies : Video Games, Martail Arts, Golf
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Ok Neo Smile you said posting in this forum would be ok so here I go.
*takes deep breathe and pens book*
I think having one huge mega-guild in GW 2 right now would be a fail. Any GL reading this has invested their time, effort, late-nights or early-mornings into making THEIR legacy in GW 1 with their unique and individual Guild, tag and all. So have their Officers because it's not ALL on the GL, but Officers always go above and beyond for their fair share of the work in running a Guild. This Alliance has been sustained by common interests, friendships, and allowing people in each respective Guild more opportunities to form up with like minded. Considering folding into (1) guild for GW 2 is a horrible idea because then we're basically writing off every single Guild in the current Alliance as a non-entity to fold into (1) single mega Guild, name to be decided.

THAT should be a last-resort option Each GL is given and presents to their Members and Officers. Hey after grinding for forever, maybe some will decide that simply chilling and let others worry about stuff will be a welcomed relief Smile

Right now we do not know what the cap is in 2. We do not know what provisions if any, have been made for Alliances at some point down the road. So literally a mega-guild COULD mean those IN it bust their butts to raise the allowed member ## to bring more in from the existing Alliance, only for those people coming in to decide they want to dedicate themselves in other Alt-Guilds since it's all about the choice if which Guild YOU will represent on log-in (where your fame & fortune go)

I honestly do not see (sorry for putting people on the spot) HEH, RLR, BOOM, Liar, and Bye (even though Laurie is a new mom) just saying ok 1 guild united, lets roll. Even though Captn has said he's in, I think there's Officers and legacy members in BOOM that would squall up a storm. MC and RoS, hard to say as their GL's times are not their own. But I'd bet my bottom dollar that given the amount of time these Guild's Leaders/Officers I've mentioned have devoted to their guilds, having a single unified Guild sounds glorious for fame and fortune, but that's walking away from the Legacy they, and those who were there before them in certain instances, have forged, sweated, spent HOURS on, just to walk away in 2.

PLUS we are not even all on the same servers. We can guest to others but are excluded from PvP/WvWvW w/e when we do.

My opinion only is each GL needs to speak directly with their Members and Officers to find out what THEY'd like to see happen, take it into consideration, and then come back here to discuss so the current Ally GL's can come up with a plan for how the "Alliance" Moves into GW 2. It may mean that for a bit we ARE separate in GW 2 chat until there is such a grouping feature but we DO have the Forum AND the Mumble that Liar has provided for use in hooking up with our GW 1 Allies.

Worse case scenario is that each Guild has it's own voice-chat for their guilds or shared server w/e, plus this common forum, but bottom line while I feel strongly we should stick together cuz I'm going to stalk you all on friends list (course that will require me actually adding onto Friends in 2 lol I'm spoiled in 1 since you all are already on it) folding into (1) Guild would suck and is disrespectful of everything we all have worked and busted our asses for in GW 1 with our individual Guilds Smile
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Adding- if WE (GL's and Officers) want it to happen, the Alliance does NOT have to dissolve when 2 is released, it will simply require MORE communication between the GL's and Officers of ALL the Guilds on both forum and voice-chat.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:39 pm

I've copied and posted this on the RLR site in the officers section so I can get their feedback on it . Though I am the Gl of RLR I have always run it on a majority rules (officers) basis and can't be sure how they all feel. I know a few who are opposed, others say they will follow me whatever I decide and others I'm unsure of. I love this Alliance and would be extremely sad to see it fall apart but I have to think of my members as well.

Kiera sums it up very well and i find myself very grateful and blessed for knowing someone who is that insightful. communication between leaders will be key and I will do my best in that regard. I check this site daily and I'll do my best to spend more time on mumble, as long as I can keep the problems it causes to a minimum. As for AoL itself in GW2 I'm looking forward to being a part of it in whatever form it takes.
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:13 am

i sent a emil to anet about this , here is the reply from them

Igor Carlier
12:45 PM (21 hours ago)

to community
Dear Anet

Im sure you know what you are doing

but i would like to have a clear idea of what you are planing for big alliances when moving to gw2 ?

it seams like the actual guild system is not ready to host a big alliance coming from gw1

in my alliance we are willing to merge the whole alliance into one single guild if that is possible in terms of member limit just so we can all play for the guild goals.

instead of finding a third party solution for on screen chat that would not mean anything in-game.

please increase the guild limit to a number that will allow big alliances to stay as a group in gw2.

if this is already possible but requires some work in-game , please inform the community so we can plan what we are going to do when the game starts.

here you can read a thread on this topic - http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/41539-alliance-moving-from-gw1-to-gw2/

neoteo.3975

ArenaNet Community Team community@arena.net
8:42 AM (1 hour ago)

to me

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us and for your interest.

We’re aware of this topic and are still investigating if anything can be done about this. We cannot guarantee that something will be done before launch but you can report your feedback on the Guild Wars 2 forums during the next Beta Weekend Event.

All the best,
The Guild Wars 2 Team.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:23 am

i agree with kiera , but i think that is our last option , and the only thing we will have is friends ship , there will be no ingame connection , im afraid without a ingame connection it will not last.

if anet would tells us , dont worry we will implement alliances at some point , then we could rest and wait for it.

what i dont agree with kiera is that making a mega guild would be a issue , i think it could be awsome and i still think its the best option we have to take the best from everyones work and merge it into a blasting group that will get noticed by their achivements.

anyways ... if everything stays like it is now , we will make a clone of our guilds in gw2 and live with what we have.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:17 am

I feel making a mega-guild IS the issue. it's basically asking current allies on log-in to choose whether they support their home Guild or the allied Guild. I am a HUGE advocate for each Ally-Guild to create in 2, as you've said Neo-
we will make a clone of our guilds in gw2 and live with what we have.

Getting noticed by the achievements, isnt that what EVERY Guild wants to have happen? Whether it's AoL or Liar or HEH, Etc, we all want OUR Guild the one we spend the most time and effort on, to be recognized for what we bust butt to achieve. A mega-guild means that each current ally-guild abandons their ideas and dreams in 2 to come play in a huge hodge-podge spread across servers, wearing a single-tag. I don't feel that's fair to ask or expect from our current Allies.

I'd rather see each GL communicate with one another on their intentions for 2 and how to best keep the friendships forged strong, but yet not being a burden within the GW 2 gameplay or Guild expections (because lets face it... kicking an ally-alt so can invite someone who would be dedicated to that Guild.... easy to see which way the wind would blow right now)

Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:21 am

i would prefer to have a alliance system in gw2 , and that gw2 would have alliance goals diferent from guild goals ... but if all we have is a guild system , and no support at all for alliances , what we can do ... i understand any guild doesnt want to lose their identity thats why i think if we merge it should be a new name a new identity ... but now im starting to think that they will implement alliances at some point.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Ozone Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:05 pm

After some Investigation,regarding the Guild system in GW2, seeing that the cap of members would be 100 at the start, the new guild would fill quickly with the current members of AoL. I have been approached by more than one of our members to form a guild. So I am in a quandry myself.. If the cap were to be raised and more members added an option could be to have the mega guild with sub units being headed up by leaders in different prospective servers.. Im pulling whatever little hair i have left .

Last edited by Captain Ozone on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Ozone
Captain Ozone
Level 5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:12 pm

true , if the guild cap is 100 , then we have no choice and there will be no alliance in gw2.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Hey & Sorry for not replying this sooner! I have now passed the question to Officers and we discuss it and I can afterwards post my own, the officers, and our together conclusions about this everything. We also can talk it face to face atm with 3 officers + me, so thats excellent.

Yes..our alliance future.. its important thing, and I have some suggestions to it myself! One of them would require effort from every invidual in the alliance. But first, I want to hear what the other HEH feel about it, about how we will get alliance stick together in GW2, but one thing I say shortly, we will never end the story of HEH, so we are going to create and maintain HEH guild in GW2. It wasn't even an option that we wouldn't create HEH. 7 years of HEH'ness soon. So pretty much everything what Kiera posted I agree to, about how much time has been invested to guild, and cannot just end it like that. In some parts, I also agree with Neo that SOMETHING must be done, that we don't lose our daily ingame touch..the bond we got right now. But abandoning current guilds indeed sounds harsh. So we in HEH shall be discussing other solutions that we can bring to table.

I'll get back to this as soon as possible. August is lurking around corner already and I find it very impressive and important that we all here put time to consider this beforehand! I enjoy alot this alliance and I also do not want us to drift apart! Smile
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:06 pm

My officers and I have had long discussions on this topic since it was first posted and they've all been adamant that RLR be a seperate entity, while still maintaining a presence in AoL . There was never any doubt that RLR would be a guild in GW2 since as a guild we have all busted our butts to achieve what we have . I would have let the members of RLR cross over to represent AoL in a mega guild if that was the decision we had come to, but every officer in RLR agreed that In the push for a mega guild RLR would lose it's identity and thereby lose it's family type atmosphere. As far as keeping the Alliance together, We leaders will have to make sure that on our forums (both guild and ally) we focus on finding ways to get our members to group up regularly. We'll have to stress to our members the importance of these forums and mumble and try to get as many of our members to use them as we can. I believe the majority of my officers are already on the AoL sites roster and I'll ask them to set the example for us. Hopefully soon after release this will be a non issue and we'll be able to form a true alliance . I believe this is our best hope for keeping the alliance together until we know for sure what will be done on the guild/alliance front in gw2.
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Hello again! Very Happy Pardon for the pause, holiday & HEH RL meeting now over, back in business. During the past week I gathered opinions and comments from all officers of HEH about the Alliance in Guild Wars 2, comments if we were in 1 big guild. As I earlier stated, everyone is on same page, there was no doubt that we wouldnt have our HEH in GW2. So none of us wants to be ONLY in one big alliance group, but we do want to gather somehow, somewhere.

What some of us agreed (yeah not all saw this as good choice) was that there could be Alliance Management Guild, aka Leaders + officers have gathered in same guild as members and pass information,event plans, forward, but it wouldnt be fair that just THESE players get the opportunity to chat & play together, so I suggest it would be a called to represent when needed -principal, and we keep our home guilds as our main guilds naturally. Until there is room for more, we should start from Leaders + Officers with them having the great task of keeping alliance communications active.

About alliance communications, I got something to suggest. (I do love mumble! I will keep using it! But it might be we need this kind of program, to support the missing alliance chat.) What we would like to suggest to alliance, is a program called Steam. Some of you most likely already use it, for your own personal use or for your guild. We could create Army of Lightness Alliance steam group and invite everyone from the alliance there. I can now present it how it works for HEH.

This is our community page: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hehguild

On the bottom you see HEH groups current members. You see our announcements and events. You can click events and scroll trough calendar to see upcoming or old ones. Viewing this group is public as you see, because we keep HEH forums and Guild Chat our private places of communication, and this is "okay" to be publicly readable.

When we announce something, event or announcement, it shows as a nice (non annoying) pop up in the lower right corner of your screen. You can post events to future and when that day and time occurs, this nice pop-up comes again. Pic: https://2img.net/h/i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/DarthHennu/Alliance%202012/Steam_event_pop.jpg

We find the Guild group from Friendlist Tab, and from there we enter Group Chat. Pic: https://2img.net/h/i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/DarthHennu/Alliance%202012/Steam_group_example.jpg

Group Chat. When you belong to a group, you can easily click from your friendlist to join the group chat of this group. Your friendlist also shows groups as own tab where you can easily see who all belong to the group. Sadly when amount becomes over 150, then it says: too many members to show, and shows them on main page only, but, the group is still clickable from this window. You can switch the group chat to: officers only mode, when only officers can chat, while members can stay in room but not chat. Pic: https://2img.net/h/i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/DarthHennu/Alliance%202012/Group_Chat_example.jpg

Voice chat. When in group chat, you can put on your voice chat, this shows as volume icon next to username.

You can launch guild wars game from Steam program itself, which then allows you to chat with shortkey combo from inside the full-screened game, aka chat window appears on top of the game (+ other steam windows, like browser if you wanna google stuff).

- Only one thing that could be considered as a minus, is that you must own at least one real game that you add to your game library. This rule was to evict spam bots from registering I am sure, so you must prove you are real gamer. Now all of us have real GW1 copy, but, for some reason there has been trouble adding that to list Sad..but once you got SOME game that is really yours, its all np and your Limited Profile time is gone. Smile (There are some reaally cheap games too to help in this, like 1-2 $ game)

What Steam has brought to HEH is more bonding, staying in touch, having fun, organizing activities, even when GW1 has been more and more silent. Many hours of laugh, with or without gw Very Happy!

I personally like steam alot, as its such a nice-to-eye design, awesome. These are just my opinions, but after this 2-month trial usage for HEH, we came to conclusion that its a great support. We used to use xfire but it somehow completely died for us, lol. I grew sick of MSN after using it so many years and it feels so boring/past now. Not all HEH like Facebook nor its chat, so this we found a nice middleground! I personally love the Steam sales and store that sometimes has awesome priced discount games that I hoarde sometimes, he he he. And yes, some of the HEH already playing other games together via steam.

Steam could provide us that alliance chat, that we can't have right now (I don't know what is max amount of group chat, but its at least 90+ members, must find out this). A place to gather, or just simply stick on the channel when you are logged in GW2. Or perhaps even when you don't play actually, but want to chat to ally peeps. This could be our temporary alliance chat replacement until there is something meant for alliance in GW2. We can make Leaders as admins and each leader invites officers + members of their guild to this group. Each leader can assign a replacement admin from their guild, so theres at least 2-3 admins from each guild. We should put that only leaders can post announcements, but I suggest we would let members make events too, unless it becomes Chaotic if steam gets popular among our guild. Then we narrow it to officers only. We could try this and invite everyone from alliance we know, so nobody is forgotten during this big transformation phase, that we hop from GW1 to GW2.

https://steamcommunity.com/login/home (If you got all curious, but want to try it yourself first here all info, tutorial sort of Very Happy)

Okay thats my suggestion (which became Steam advertisement, sorry!! Very Happy) to keeping alliance alive when we "lose" alliance chat. Don't worry! If this gets rejected, I wont be devastated, cause as you see, I am already steam maniac myself and, I guess, umm addicted to it, ROFL!

What do you all think about Steam for alliance? Do you think many members would agree to download and start using it? Either case if we choose to try it, we can also cancel using it if it proves to be "bad" for us, hehe, in whic case we just delete the group and people who "fell in love" with steam can keep using it for their own fun, and just leave the group etc.

Well thats all from me now, lemme know how you feel, and lets plan & post more here!
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 pm

That is a good idea, I will ll look into it more, I have a steam account since css and hl2
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Ozone Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:20 am

Thats sounds like a great idea Hennu. I have a steam account as well I use for some of the other games I play ,haven't looked into the chat aspect of it. But I do get that little pop up everytime any of my friends go online, they seem really reliable, it should be something we might consider..
Captain Ozone
Captain Ozone
Level 5

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content