Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About to head in, now what to play.

+4
Zero
Blank De Ratche
Kiera
pendragon
8 posters

Go down

About to head in, now what to play. Empty About to head in, now what to play.

Post by pendragon Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks to a wonderful friend for getting me a copy of the game!! I am installing it now, and hope to hell it runs.

So, to get a good feel for the game with my first character, what should I be? In GW I was played all, but necro was my main. If I go necro here is there a certain race i should play?

I await your help.

Pen.
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 520
City : Sevierville, TN
Hobbies : Gaming, gardening
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

About to head in, now what to play. Empty Re: About to head in, now what to play.

Post by Kiera Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Sylvari!!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

About to head in, now what to play. Empty Re: About to head in, now what to play.

Post by Blank De Ratche Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:54 pm

My necro is a sylvari, not for any particular reason though
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:03 pm

Races dont really affect anything. Pick the cutest or coolest race to your opinion. I do warn you most armor was made for humans so its stretched out a bit for charr and norns. I vote the furries, Charr Wink
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:48 am

actually, now that I think about it, if I had to do it again I would probably make my necro human, but that's because I don't like the necro heals, or the sylvari heals.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Mine is human and quite happy with it. As Zero said earlier, races do not really matter when choosing such or such a class because Anet did not want certain races to have better abilities than others for specific roles. So no matter which race you pick, you will have the same health pool, crit. %, etc... for each class.

So I'd advise you check Elite skills (which are more or less useless in this game by the way) and pick the race with the coolest elites (that's up to you).

If you're more of an eye-candy, check out armors screenies to see which one you'd like to get and pick the race that looks better... But honestly, if you're an armor kind of guy, do not pick charr as I've noticed armors do not really look good on them. Also some races do not have male/female difference in armors (I think Azura is one, Charr probably the other one).

I'm leveling a necro at the moment and playing wells as it is something I loved toying around with in GW1. It's a bit different as you do not need a corpse this time but still fun to play (and a bit tanky/supporty). You can also play full dps style with condition damage if you feel like it. A pretty versatile class in my opinion. Worth trying.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:08 pm

I've liked just about every class I've played. I'm really enjoying Mesmer now. Lots of fun popping out clones and illusions and blowing them up on you attackers. My Necro is Sylvari but I only chose that for the sake of appearance. There are some race specific skills that can benefit certain skill combinations. Like the Sylvari's "Grasping Vines" could be used to root an enemy and then cast a "Well of Suffering" at their location. But, that is just one combo I can think of. I am sure there are other good combinations with other races.

Be sure to get on Blackgate server if you can! Give an officer a shout so we can shoot you a guild invite, or post your toon name here once it is made.

Officers: (here are a few)
Cyda La Ratche
Blazing Beau
Bhukk
The Diablo Jr
Amagamorion

The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:43 pm

When I can get logged in, my damn puter shut off when the download was at 6% and I had to restart, I plan to try being a Sylvari Guardian. Why? Just for the reason that I haven't played that profession or race before. Sylvari armor looks the best to me.

pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Guardian nice. I love my guardian. she is OP Wink 

Also last I check Blackgate became full, so you might have to get onto your server at a late time when most people go to sleep Razz
Zero
Zero
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:40 am

or we could arrange server blackout Very Happy( im serious btw)
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male
Guild : army of lightness [aol]
Number of posts : 414
City : helsinki
Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:47 am

Blackgate is indeed full. Can I go to a different one to start and move there when a spot becomes available?

Signed,
Late to the party and now homeless
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:52 am

You can pay gems to transfer server, and can guest to any of the US servers. LIAR is up on Yaks Bend if that helps
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:17 pm

I want to be playing with you, but I guess until I can get in and transfer I'll go hang out with the LIARs up at Yaks. Is Lucky still in charge up there?
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:20 pm

d-shadow wrote:or we could arrange server blackout Very Happy( im serious btw)
+1

Im in favor of trying this. Because you wont be able to get our guild bonuses ( +15 karma, +10mf... ect) and wont be able to join our rare wvw days if you get into that.If you ever want to move here permanently its going to cost you around 20 bucks worth of gems as well since BG is a popular server.
Zero
Zero
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:21 pm

And yes Lucky is still the boss up there, Jon H steeldriver is his character name if you want to head into Yaks
Zero
Zero
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:33 pm

I just read this.

Guilds
Guilds are not tied to any specific world; all players can join any guild regardless of which world they play on. However, influence and guild upgrades are specific to each world: players in the same guild but on different worlds will contribute to separate influence pools and build through separate upgrade trees. Members that transfer will have to regenerate influence and build new upgrades on the new world.

So, I could be in AOL but on Yak's and could communicate with you in GC, I'm guessing. I just wouldn't receive the Guild Bonuses. Being completely new to this, is there an AC? Could I join Lucky and the LIARs and still be able to talk with my AOL peeps until we can all get together once again.

Transfers are not available to move onto full servers.
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:49 pm

no no allychats.. ponly can see 1 guilds chat at time
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male
Guild : army of lightness [aol]
Number of posts : 414
City : helsinki
Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:58 pm

BUT

you can join 5 guilds
Zero
Zero
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:13 am

hey Pen... I love my human necro!! As for Gaurdian.. I made mine a norn.. Happy to see you're joining us!! I just re-joined GW2.. so I'm still a noob...lol Aura
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:49 pm

At Kiera's request and urging, I'm gonna try and guest log onto Blackgate tonight around 7. I named my Sylvari Guardian Wych Elm Pendragon. I'll give a shout out in world chat, but would appreciate an invite to AOL waiting when I log in.

Thanks
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:08 pm

I'm sure you'll have a guild invite sent well before 7. lol don't forget to customize your chat windows as can setup multiple (and /guild is your Bff
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:14 am

Blackgate listed as heavy. Join hwile you can
Zero
Zero
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:24 am

shoot, I'm not at that computer so I can't try. hopefully tonight
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down