Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EXP Guide: Expanded

2 posters

Go down

EXP Guide: Expanded Empty EXP Guide: Expanded

Post by fictitiousacct Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Ok, I've been asked to put a few more specifics into my guide for leveling, so here goes!

Gear:

• Make sure to gear properly!!!  If you are lvl 20 and still wearing the starter, no level armor, you will die!
  • Some weapons are easier to level with!  For most players with trouble leveling, they are not familiar with the play style of their classes.  This may lead to more deaths!
  • Specifics with weapons may include: kiting further away instead of within melee range, and having more heals/crowd control/survivability.
  • Some potential weapon choices may be:

1. Thief = Sword/Pistol and/or Shortbow
    2. Mesmer = Greatsword and/or Sword/Pistol and/or Sword/Focus and/or Staff
    3. Engineer = Kits and Turrets (not actually a weapon, but it works)
    4. Guardian = Staff and/or Greatsword and/or Scepter/Focus
    5. Elementalist = Staff
    6. Ranger = Longbow (w/ bear) and/or Shortbow {I better not see you with longbow and bear in group events though}
    7. Necromancer = ? (never really played)
    8. Warrior = Greatsword and/or Sword/Warhorn (also never really played, may not be optimal)

Utility/Elite Skills:

• If you're dying a lot, have more survivability!  This may include, boons, invulnerability skills, evades, stun breaks, and condition removal.
  • If enemies aren't dying fast and your gear is of your level, try get more dps!  Some things that may help include runes/sigils, might, fury, food and utility buffs.

Traits:

• Honestly the same as what I have been preaching so far.  More comprehensive trait builds can be found elsewhere.
  • In general, power and precision over conditions for leveling.

Other Stuff:

• Gather everything!  It sells for a decent price (especially low level stuff), and gives you experience!  Note: It helps to have extra gathering tools on hand.
  • Do dynamic events!  See previous guide for info, may start amassing waypoints and putting here if asked.
  • Do dailies/monthlies on your low level characters!  Get experience for each daily you do on your character!
  • Have fun, do it with friends.  Make new friends while mapping, or map with guildies!  Party up with someone using map chat, or try use the lfg tool!  Utilize these options!!!

Last edited by fictitiousacct on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
fictitiousacct
fictitiousacct
Level 28

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

EXP Guide: Expanded Empty Re: EXP Guide: Expanded

Post by Andrea1704 Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Ty Tiaa <3 This will help out A LOT.
Andrea1704
Andrea1704