Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to engineer: wolfineer's guides!

4 posters

Go down

How to engineer: wolfineer's guides! Empty How to engineer: wolfineer's guides!

Post by fictitiousacct Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:34 am

Wolfineer's forums
There's a guide for each set of gear, different kits within those sets as well as weapon sets. I highly recommend you to watch his videos to see the various play styles that are available for engi. Particularly, his combo guide. It's just good to know the capabilities of engi to its fullest extent, if you want to master it. Wolfineer is one of the prominent engineer teachers on reddit, it may take a bit to understand him due to his accent though.
fictitiousacct
fictitiousacct
Level 28

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

How to engineer: wolfineer's guides! Empty Re: How to engineer: wolfineer's guides!

Post by Blank De Ratche Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:37 pm

he's really really good, but I'm old and stuck in my ways
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

How to engineer: wolfineer's guides! Empty Re: How to engineer: wolfineer's guides!

Post by off-ions Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:29 am

Woah that's pretty detailed. Thanks for posting this!
off-ions
off-ions
Level 1
Level 1

Male
Number of posts : 19
City : Singapore
Hobbies : Consuming your oxygen
Registration date : 2014-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fictitiousacct Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgjkAE9kmGI

Also a good video of a power engi, with rifle. Best part is the -56% dmg while stunned due to protection and traits. While also being bursty and survivable
fictitiousacct
fictitiousacct
Level 28

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by off-ions Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Wow, so much damage on that clip. I kinda know what he does(or is it did? My English sucks Razz) so will try it out when I get funds for that armor. Thanks! C:
off-ions
off-ions
Level 1
Level 1

Male
Number of posts : 19
City : Singapore
Hobbies : Consuming your oxygen
Registration date : 2014-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisette_Vladiis Fri May 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Was debating a new topic for this, but I don't think we have enough dedicated hard-up engineers to merit one. So I will post this info here..

A luxury of my job is I get lots of free time to internet.. So I try to optimize builds and class configurations. Having recently dedicated most of my time to my engineer, I started messing with some of these builds. And I found (what I believe) is the optimum equipment configuration for a conditions engineer.

So in a nutshell, this is strictly for a condition damage engineer. The bread and butter of any variants of these build is Explosives IX (Incendiary Powder).

So, for this trait to be useful, most builds use all Rabid equipment in order to increase your critical strike chance. Dire gear is a little more desirable since it has Vitality and Toughness as secondaries. But Decking out in full Dire leaves your crit chance at 4% (9% if you do a common 10 into firearms) and this doesn't sync well with Incendiary Powder and keeping burning on your opponent.

So, through lots of testing, the magic number to make condition builds and Incendiary Powder viable, is 30% crit chance. No more, no less. Which is 1452 total Precision (or +536)

With that information, you can optimize your equipment with a mix of Dire and Rabid. If you check out the link below, you will see that this sits at exactly +1452 precision, and allows you to have more Vitality in place of the gratuitous Precision. Which means you still wreck shit but survive longer.

This uses ascended trinkets and exotic weapons/armor. I feel these are easy to get.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqOAA-TlBNgAAaBeU14V5XlaJG6A0VCCA-w

A variant of this build is below, and it goes with the assumption that you trait 10 into Firearms. In which case, you swap out the Rabid rings for Rabid+Dire stats.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqOCBAAAFA-T1BNgAAaBeU14VZWlaJG6AgVaorEEA-w

Hope this helps. Condition templates are fairly easy. Power templates are quite a headache...

Lisette_Vladiis
Level 1
Level 1

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Fri May 09, 2014 6:13 pm

doesn't show anything. or maybe it's just me?
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisette_Vladiis Fri May 09, 2014 6:54 pm

The links work.

It's not a complete build. It's only armor/weapons/trinkets section. This is more to show you that you can use any traits and runes/sigils you want. It's more an example of a base equipment template you can use if you are doing a conditions build

Lisette_Vladiis
Level 1
Level 1

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down