Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEVEN Guild/alliance events

+7
Kiera
Des
Diggy
Sir Willaim Brown
Mighty
Mint(sc)
Akroma
11 posters

Go down

SEVEN Guild/alliance events Empty SEVEN Guild/alliance events

Post by Akroma Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:10 am

(unfortunately i think this post is lost as well)

For those who have not caught wind yet AoL has announced SEVEN alliance events, please spread this around your guild as well as others so we can have some massive turnouts.

1 vs 1 tournament (date will be announced AS SOON as we have quite a few entrees) Its a basic single round elimination bracket style tournament. We will have each person totally pc randomized placements in the bracket, this is to prevent seeding (setting up anybody for easy wins - so favoritism is not considered a factor) In the past we have found we had to make some minor restrictions..Such as R/N toucher builds are not allowed. Please keep the ABSOLUTE cheap/cheasy impossible out - show you have some skill/talent. You DO NOT have to reveal your build on the forum, you may be asked to reveal your build to an official when/if the result of a draw. IF a match should continue on for 5-10 minutes with an absolute no clear sign of a definate winner in sight, the referee may stop the match and call it a draw (an effort to save time) in which both contestants will go back to the guild hall and remove one skill and replace one skill from their skill bars (leaving ONLY 7 skills to bring with one empty) At this point the match will be restricted to only one healing skill of ANY kind, regen, stealing, healing, etc. We have found we had to do this in the past, just trust us - it saves a whole speech and alot of time. If the rematch should result also in a tie - both contestants must go back to the guild hall one last time. remove ALL healing skills and rematch with only 6 skills in their bar. At this point there should hopefully be a definate winner. We encourage spectators (joining the party and standing at a distance to watch WITH NO INTERFERENCE which if should occur would result in immediate BAN from the alliance - BE RESPECTFUL!) Once you've chosen which character to enter, you're stuck with it - so please choose carefully the first time because there will be no changing your mind last second.

1 vs 1 HERO tournament(once again date yet to be announced until we have quite a few entrees) Exact same as the normal 1 vs 1 tournament, however its with a hero. You must leave a post showing the entire alliance which one hero you will be entering with.

THE BIG PICTURE We have announced the date of sunday Oct. 19th at 1pm EST for our enormous group/guild/alliance photo. Its long overdue. If you want to be remembered/recognized come out show your guild pride and take part. Please help spread around to as many as you can in your guild and other guilds as well. I EXPECT ALL ACTIVE PEOPLE WITHIN AOL TO BE THERE! No reason why you all cant plan ahead to be online a whole month in advance even just for 30 mins! >:E

Damage/Damage per second competition If any of you have ventured around the Great Temple of Balthazar then you're no stranger to the Master of Damage. He can calculate your damage output over a period of time. I thought it'd be a short/neat little competition which could result in helping ppl with their buidls. Showing them some new ideas they may have not thought up before. Just another way to polish up some players and interact with other ppl you may not see or play with on a regular basis. As well as show off your own talent.

Akromas' Workshop I think I will be holding this one until after the tournament, heh i wouldnt want a ton of ppl running into the tourny with the builds i set them up with ^ ^ it'd be a bunch of mini Akromas brawlin' Anyways. This will be an ongoing event where I will work one on one with anybody to help improve them in any way possible. Refine, chisel, forge a war machine. SO basically you go in looking like this SEVEN Guild/alliance events Chimp_10 and come out looking like this SEVEN Guild/alliance events Gorill10 Yes, i said it - a big 600lb hairy gorilla. I know this does not appeal to the ladies, however you get the idea lol.

CAMPAIGN SWEEPS This will be an effort to get everybody caught up to speed so more ppl can go out and enjoy doing elite things with the rest of us all, as well as all of our title seekers out there. We will be doing entire campaigns start to finish nm, hm, and vanquishing. Usually we dedicate an entire month to one campaign. The first 25% of the campaign over and over for the first week, next 25% the next week, etc. We have announced that we will be doing campaign sweeps for Nightfall first. HOWEVER in light of GWs' announcement of dbl eotn weekend, this week/weekend we will be taking full advantage of that since its rare. Then right back on the boat for Nightfall.

Scavenger hunt Quite a few of you have requested a scavenger hunt. This time around this isnt your normal walk in the park with your grandpa. Take your walkin stick - this one will be massive and should take quite a while, not just a few hours. I am having each of my officers help compile suggestions for the scavenger hunt list, which i will those suggestions, pick and choose from and add my own to as well. Once again the gold prize will be proportionate to the ammount of ppl who enter it. So rally up as many as you can, spread the word around to your guild as well as other guilds!
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

SEVEN Guild/alliance events Empty Re: SEVEN Guild/alliance events

Post by Mint(sc) Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:44 am

XD Love the new presentation of Akroma's Workshop. XD

As I said before I will be more than happy to put in for prize money where requested/needed. And I can give you a hand in the Mesmer area of the workshop, as that is the one class I have put the most thought into build-making, thanks to mighty. =D
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 629
City : Plantersville, TX
Hobbies : Most anything to do with Dinosaurs. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:15 pm

omgness lmao family pictures on the forum? wheres the privacy? jp jp bud but as you
know i love make builds i like making people think outside the box making them try
things they've been tried before so iam more than happy to help members out with these "classes"

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:34 pm

AKROMA why dont you hold your workshop during my PvP class id b the perfect intergration

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Willaim Brown Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:45 pm

I could use some help, I am level 2- but i am far from good, I have horrible armor, Idk how good my build is, but I do have shiros sword so thats a bonus. Very Happy

Sir Willaim Brown
Level 4

Male
Number of posts : 49
City : Hunters' Isle
Occupation : Runner from Old Ascalon to Yaks Bend (Pm if interested)
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggy Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Although Shiro's sword looks cool, it's actually not that good stat wise. This is because it's an r13. Mighty, as well as many others, can definitely help out with your builds, and such.
Diggy
Diggy
Level 19

Male
Number of posts : 196
City : Lyman, ME
Hobbies : Gaming, xblading, guitar
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Willaim Brown Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:09 pm

I know shiro has downsides, but its also a vampiric, which is cool. could you suggest a better one?

Sir Willaim Brown
Level 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggy Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Hmmm, it all depends on what skins you like. I have a vampiric swod hilt, I believe, so that's not a problem if you want vamp. I also have a 15^50 insc that could be used. I would suggest checking out swords on wiki to see what you like, and we can go from there. BTW, my ign is Scyte Dignitate or Incendia Dignitate. Let me know what you find, and we will go from there.
Diggy
Diggy
Level 19

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Willaim Brown Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:27 pm

cool, Ill probubly be on later tonight (depends on dad's mood. Wink )

Sir Willaim Brown
Level 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Scythe Dignitate* Razz
Des
Des
Level 7

Female
Number of posts : 79
City : Somewhere in Florida :P
Hobbies : Hmmm....Guild Wars. =D
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggy Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:50 pm

-mumble- can't even spell my own name...
Diggy
Diggy
Level 19

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:51 pm

hehehe. -pats Diggy-
Des
Des
Level 7

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Willaim Brown Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:58 pm

I spelled willaim wrong when I made the account, its actualy William

Sir Willaim Brown
Level 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:07 pm

heheh -pats William-
Des
Des
Level 7

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:54 pm

*bump* I want to do the workshop!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by AeroJo Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:01 pm

FUN!...There
AeroJo
AeroJo
Level 21

Male
Number of posts : 210
City : Iowa City, Iowa
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:33 pm

if we cant get a good solid group for the events/enough ppl to participate - i will cancel some by the end of the month. i've tried spreading it around as much as i can every day 'til i'm blue in the face. i've let each guild leader know to spread it to their officers and have them spread it to their members. i cant force anybody.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by foxxy111 Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:47 am

i do what i can do to srpead word but cant get toa ppl to come on here if out of 45 ppl only 10 can make it to our own.sorry about that,and even if they did,i highly doubt some of them would appear in any of the events,theres been....well a bit of turmoil amongst toa lately and ppl doing alot of solo stuff.

foxxy111
Level 0

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandor Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Yea Ill Go for the Damage Per Second SIGN ME UP! ^^
Gandor
Gandor
Level 15

Male
Number of posts : 152
City : Illinois
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:57 pm

Well, I don't care if I have to donate the 60K I've saved back up for Elite Armors as the pot for the Scavenger Hunt and only 4 people show up to do it. I've spent too much time on the lists not to hold it. So yea. One way or another, come hell or high water, the Scavenger Hunt will happen.
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male
Number of posts : 629
City : Plantersville, TX
Hobbies : Most anything to do with Dinosaurs. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:38 am

hey, I'm looking forward to it mint
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida