Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorrow's Embrace P1 Farm

+4
fictitiousacct
Pseudonym
mirai.baka
Midway
8 posters

Go down

Sorrow's Embrace P1 Farm  Empty Sorrow's Embrace P1 Farm

Post by Midway Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Looking for guildies who are interested in free champ box farm. This run can go on for several hours. We need at least 1 guardian, 2 warriors, 2 ele's. These classes can change except for the Guardian.

Interested parties include:
Inuyashapup
Raspberry
Midway
Syll
Krov

If we get more people interested. We'll try to set up more groups. But as said before, we'll need at least 1 guardian in each group.

This is a chance to get guildies to do a few things. Work together, have a bit of fun, socialize via TS, and finally a chance at precursors and Gold.

If you are interested please speak up. These runs are pretty fast, if we are very good the faster the runs, the more boxes we get. But we'll try to get these going for a few hours or so each day.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Sorrow's Embrace P1 Farm  Empty Re: Sorrow's Embrace P1 Farm

Post by Midway Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:23 pm

Really need a Guardian that's good. >.< I'm terribad. Needs to be good at placing wall of reflec and greatsword pull.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Back to top Go down

Post by mirai.baka Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:38 pm

Put me down for it Smile I've done it quite a few times and am good at guardian Smile

mirai.baka
Level 4

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 40
City : Perth, Australia
Registration date : 2014-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mirai.baka Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Oh and idon't know if she's on the forums yet but bri does it everyday

mirai.baka
Level 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudonym Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:25 pm

I would love to learn it, but have never done it...

I am a mediocre guardian otherwise known as terribad! Wink
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Level 26

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Midway Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:00 am

Ran it twice today. one for 2hours, and the second for about an hour and a half. made a total of 30ish gold from the boxes. If we're really good and a very good Guardian. We can do it faster and make a shit ton of gold.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Back to top Go down

Post by fictitiousacct Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:10 am

FYI: you'd want optimized builds that don't clash for the maximum amount of bags.
fictitiousacct
fictitiousacct
Level 28

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by raspberryjam Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Things we've learned:
1. The gates will troll you hard
2. No reflects = we all gon die
raspberryjam
raspberryjam
Level 3

Female
Number of posts : 32
Hobbies : Sleeping
Registration date : 2014-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Midway Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:52 pm

Did a run with Kainis, Syll, Myself, Beez, and Zanthoes . After about 2hrs 20minutes we were able to pull 110 champ bags. Best run yet. YAY! We're learning!!!
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:01 pm

I should do this
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mirai.baka Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:32 am

Hey guys. after running this for a while with some guildies last night on my guardian I was asked to post on here detailing a guide on how and what a guardian should do for this farm for it to be successful.
Firstly I’ll go into the build that I use. It is a hammer/greatsword oriented build.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It is the same trait set up as a greatsword/sword focus build except the trait that effects sword damage is swapped out. A variation of this build if you find it hard to keep up aegis is to swap out I (Unscathed Contender) in Virtues for IX (Absolute Resolution) for group condi cleanse.
Again another variation if your party is still finding it hard to stay alive is to use a pure hammer support build. This build will keep 100% protection uptime to your party which means 33% less damage at all times.
As for utilities you will want Shelter as your heal as it offers 2 seconds of block which is great for the trash runs which can have a few angry mobs, but also it guarantees a heal when you’re fighting some of the bosses that hit hard and have knockbacks.
Retreat is always on my bar for 2 reasons; 1) it will give you Aegis to keep up Unscathed Contender which is a 20% damage modifier, and 2) Aegis is a free block which can keep you and your party alive longer.
In this dungeon the bosses all have CC abilities which are rather annoying. As a guardian we can easily keep stability up on our party so as to not be affected by any CC moves. I prefer Hallowed Ground over Stand Your Ground as it is a 12 second Fire Field and also 12 seconds of stability.
Lastly, the most important thing you need is Wall of Reflection. This skill will reflect all projectiles back to foes. This skill is why a guardian is brought to this dungeon. Ill detail how to use it below.
Oh and I use Renewed Focus as it works great as your ‘oh crap’ button. 2 seconds of invulnerability and refresh all your Virtue skills can be handy at times.

Once the dungeon has started and everyone has run through the starting portal stack at the first 2 turrets. You will not be able to attack them to begin with but after the first cutsceen if everyone does a quick burst they can be destroyed quick enough to then jump to the right and avoid agro from the first mobs that run past.
Once the mobs have run past you can then go to the first boss.
As a guardian it is up to you to push the bosses to where the party can stack and kill them quickly. At the first boss your party will run straight ahead into the corner of the wall and turret and wait for you to knock the golem back. Now to knock I use the hammer skill 4 ‘Banish’ as it is a further and more reliable pull. The only thing to keep in mind when using this skill is that it is like playing golf with the boss, they will go where you aim. This means you have to stand and face where you want to pull them to. For the first boss you want to stand in between the golem and the inquest facing straight at your party. Don’t use the skill right away as the boss won’t be activated. You will have to wait until the writing for its name turns red. Then knock away.
When you return to your party put down Wall of Reflection and Hallowed Ground. You want to angle the Wall so it kind of makes a triangle between the wall and the turrets.
Once the boss is dead, grab loot and proceed to destroy all the turrets as you go. There are mobs here that will do an annoying amount of damage so you may need to use your heal skill. You can use Wall of Reflection during this run to protect your party from projectiles as long as it is before the 3rd last turret so it will be off cooldown for the next boss.
The next boss will be standing in the middle of a hexagonal platform. You will run to the left of the boss and face the right hand corner of the hexagon while your party runs into that corner. Here you will aim and use hammer skill 4 ‘Banish’ again to knock the boss to your party. When you join your party, put down Wall of Reflection so it shields from both the singularities that spawn and the inquest that follow from the path.  This boss is where it might be useful to swap the trait Unscathed Contender for Absolute Resolution as confusion may cause a problem and condi cleanse might be beneficial.
Once Nokk get loot and head down the ramp. If you have a thief in the party use Shadow Refuge here as you’ll avoid all mob agro and won’t cause any of the powder things to blow up. If not just follow people through but don’t stand to close behind whoever is running first. When you run over the piles of dust on the floor they blow up and will insta-down you if you get caught in the dust explosion. Once through the tunnel stack in the corner straight ahead. The guardian will do the pull again. Run a bit towards the 3 golems and use your skill 3 on the hammer Zealot’s Embrace on the golem on the left and immediately run back to your group.
The bosses will shoot a whole bunch of AoE attacks that will get obstructed. When they run around the corner put up your Wall of Reflection and Hallowed Ground and kill the 3 of them as quick as possible. This is where Renewed Focus and Shelter come in handy as they will mitigate any damage you may take and keep you alive. Once all 3 are dead collect your loot and go to character select screen to start it all over again Smile

mirai.baka
Level 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mirai.baka Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:35 am

oh i forgot to say if your using one of the first 2 builds its better to do the pull with hammer and then switch to greatsword for max dps. also i use powerful potion of inquest slaying and slice of candied dragon roll for my consumables

mirai.baka
Level 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mirai.baka Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:52 pm

oh and i forgot to list the stats on my gear Razz
i use berserkers everything. scholar runes on my gear and force and night sigils on both of my weapon sets

mirai.baka
Level 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by raspberryjam Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Thanks so much for the writeup mirai!! Very Happy
raspberryjam
raspberryjam
Level 3

Female
Number of posts : 32
Hobbies : Sleeping
Registration date : 2014-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:06 am

Thanks. I'll come back to this if I ever get my toon to 80.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fictitiousacct Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:36 am

secondary guards don't need to use hammer btw, it'd probably be better to replace hammer with sword/focus and blasting fire fields.
fictitiousacct
fictitiousacct
Level 28

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:54 pm

This guide should be reposted under Armory Very Happy
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:30 am

Are we still doing this? I think I'll get the zerk gear first...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syll Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:33 pm

If we wanted to get this going again, I could do a short-medium length write-up for common group setups since most of us don't seem to have guards geared for this (or at all, but that might be different for some of the non-NA guildies) currently.

Syll
Level 4

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2014-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:31 pm

I have specced my guard as tank/heal/support... I've run SE p1 a few times, it works well...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content