Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Movie guess? Win fabulous prizes! (Spirit won!)

5 posters

Go down

Favorite Movie guess? Win fabulous prizes! (Spirit won!) Empty Favorite Movie guess? Win fabulous prizes! (Spirit won!)

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:55 pm

So I've decided to completely revamp the spooky scary stories into a contest. Starting at 7pm EST, so 4pm for you West coasters, I'll hold a contest where whoever can guess what my favorite movie is will win 5g, but for every hour someone does not guess what that movie is the prize pool will increase by 5g up to a maximum of 20g. Also if anyone can guess my favorite song as well they will win a bonus 5g, this one is constant so the bonus will always be worth 5g.

I will start with a single hint now and give out extra hints as the day progresses, if you guess it in this forum by the end of today (10/31) you will win an extra 10g. Althought that will only be a maximum of 15g rather than 20g, but have fun. Also the game requires no buy-in and is for the purpose of raisins and stuff.

Hint 1/3: The movie was not released in the 21st century.
Hint 2/3: The movie involves a race of alien beings
Hint 3/3: COMING SOON
Hint 4: I IS SECRET
Hint 5: TOP SECRET HUSITTY HUSH
Hint 6: WHERE AM I?
Hint 7: I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!

Note: Extra hints will follow if no one can get it after 3.
Note 2: Also feel free to call out anyone else in the guild and try to guess their favorite movie/song/thingamadoohicky. An example would be: "Ratman, your favorite movie is Gone With the Wind and your favorite song is The Unicorn Song." If you get a guildie's favorite movie right you will a bonus 5g.

Like I said the Spooky Scary stories just sounded to me like it would get boring if people didn't ham it up and I personally lost interest with the idea.

Also I got bored so:
"Gimme back my son!"
"Gimme the money!"
"Gimme back my son!"
"Gimme the money!"
"Gimme ba- Gimme ba- Gimme ba- Gimme back my Son!"
"Money!"

SPIRT WON!!! CONGRATS TO SPIRIT!!!

Last edited by Cornucopia of Corn on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : The Spooky Scary Skeleton emporium stole my wallet ;o;)
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 474
City : Cincinnati
Hobbies : Video Games. Friends. Basic Coding. Anime. Food. Taimi <3
Registration date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Favorite Movie guess? Win fabulous prizes! (Spirit won!) Empty Re: Favorite Movie guess? Win fabulous prizes! (Spirit won!)

Post by Grawnaw Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:24 pm

There are lots of good Creepy Pasta's out there Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Grawnaw
Level 15

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 158
City : Melbourne
Hobbies : Gaming, Drawing, Handyman stuff,
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Favorite Movie guess? Win fabulous prizes! (Spirit won!) Empty Re: Favorite Movie guess? Win fabulous prizes! (Spirit won!)

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Whatever floats your boat...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawnaw Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Watch them...with the lights off...with Grawnaw in the room! Very Happy

Grawnaw
Level 15

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 158
City : Melbourne
Hobbies : Gaming, Drawing, Handyman stuff,
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:19 am

omg Graw I'll watch you so hard with the lights off teehees, but if you're on TS on Halloween join in on the fun. Also being sober is optional, you can be hammered for all I care. Actually being drunk might make it even more fun XD
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:12 am

So yeah, contest changed for some raisin. Idk the Scary Story idea just lost interest with me over the past couple of days.
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Sorry... Is that over? I can't really get your post...

and is this thing about getting your son back a hint?
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:24 pm

So Yuri yes the contest is over and the son thing is a completely unrelated reference to Lethal Weapon (I forget which one), I hope to do something similar to this in the future but I realize a prize of 20g was maybe a tad much. I'll prolly bump it down to 5g or 10g and try to come up with a harder question. It can sorta be like 20 questions.

I imagine I'll prolly do a new contest either next week or the week after, I just want to come up with a better question because in hindsight favorite movie was prolly a bit too easy considering I've talked about it a good bit before. Maybe Favorite Game series, favorite lore in a series, or favorite tv show. Those are just off the top of my head.

I also may try having a secondary contest if anyone is offline/not paying attention during the first, as was the case with Jex, but if I do that then the reward will likely be 5g each rather than a whole 10g. These are just ideas I'm throwing around in my head atm, some this may be subject to change. I may also want to try and create an official format for this where the person can only ask a certain number of questions, aka 20 questions, and then must guess after they've reached that limit. Although I was thinking more along the lines of 5 or 10 questions as 20 just seems like it'd be too easy and I want to give everyone a fair chance.

So to sum it up: Expect more of these from me in the future, I'll prolly try a spontaneous one next to see if announcing them beforehand works better than just announcing them in-game. Also possible dates for these would be Nov 12 or Nov 21, It's dependent on my schedule so those dates are not final but if I don't say anything expect things to happen on those dates.

Also remember to have fun Very Happy

Last edited by Cornucopia of Corn on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There's too much fun, but also not enough fun so we need to balance out the fun. Possible with fun funk but that's proven to be too afro-inducing wish could lead to a comatose state. Quite the pickle this orginization is in.)
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:11 pm

The Devil Wears Prada
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornucopia of Corn Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:01 pm

omg Finn ilusm <333
Cornucopia of Corn
Cornucopia of Corn
Level 47

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shammaster Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks Soul, I now love creepypasta...

shammaster
Level 3

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down