Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future

2 posters

Go down

Future Empty Future

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:41 am

I do not want to start any major discussions before the dust settles and we have our meeting, but here is something I have been thinking about for a long time.  We have been so focused of policies, procedures, and rules.  We do need to have some of that in place, but I want to change our over all focus as officers.  

The future focus questions we should ask ourselves and any officer should be: 

What do we do with/for the members of our guild?

What do we do to organize guild members?

We can make all of the policies and procedures pertaining how we officers act with each other; but if we are not doing things with the members, if we are not keeping the guild fun, then all our officers are is a club above the rest.

These are the big things that always seem to be missing from everything discussed here.  Even in Syll's last post, doing things with members was only a very tiny piece, hardly mentioned at all.  I may step down one day, but before I do, I want to see us become more about the members and less about the policies and the rules.

No need to respond to this now.  I would like to let the dust settle and have our meeting first.  It has just been weighing heavy on me.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Future Empty Re: Future

Post by Syll Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:08 pm

That post wasn't aimed at what we do with/for the members. I've had plenty of thoughts in regards to that but it 's a separate thing from that. I just don't see how we can get things done for the majority of the guild if we can't even figure out things for a handful that keep everything running or from falling apart.

Syll
Level 4

Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2014-09-16

Back to top Go down