Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question

+9
neoteo
Vogo Agogo
Litle
Mint(sc)
Kiera
Akroma
Gorwad
Mighty
Nemac
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

question Empty question

Post by Nemac Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:31 am

I'm not sure if this would go in the guild section based on the tpoic of the question so I'll stick it here for now. Anyway, does anyone keep in contact with Vogo? I havnt seen him online sonce Akroma took over guild leadership.....or did he give Akroma leadership because he was leaving GW? The question has been eating away at me for quite some time now so if anyone can shed some light, you make me sleep a little better Razz
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 252
City : North Bay
Hobbies : GW, reading, shoosting stuff(FPS games)
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Back to top Go down

question Empty Re: question

Post by Mighty Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:23 am

well to be honest bud iam basically wondering the same....i miss vogo and i havent heard of him since the switch and i tried Pm'ing him several times and he never responded so iam fearing the worst hoping for the best

Mighty
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorwad Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:00 am

we need to hire a professional stalker..........
Gorwad
Gorwad
Level 22

Male
Number of posts : 225
City : NY
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:41 am

Vogo may or may not return. nobody really knows for sure. you shouldnt dwell on it. we all would love to see him come back. i would love to see him come back to see just how incredibly well we've done. meantime you must carry on as if he may never return. its for your own good. Sad
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:28 pm

I know who can be our stalker. A friend of mine used to stalk our teacher. Somehow, he managed to figure out the teachers midle name, birthtown, date, EXACT TIME, and even which freakin hospital. Needless to say, I'm a little wierded out.
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:03 pm

wow ermmm your friend sounds interesting..... *starts burning documents so as to not leave a trace`*
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:52 pm

LOL, Kiera!
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male
Number of posts : 629
City : Plantersville, TX
Hobbies : Most anything to do with Dinosaurs. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Litle Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:51 pm

*starts burning Kiera without leaving a trace*
Litle
Litle
Level 44

Female
Guild : nubz
Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:22 pm

*thwaps Litle* No! Bad Litle! Kiera is not made of paper...And besides, I like her. =D
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:08 am

This friend is by far the strangest person I know. he seems to know things about me that I've never told anyone.....except i openly deny them to his face and he believes me so I'm very scared of him now XD
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Litle Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:51 pm

*takes a peperspray 2 get away from Minsc since he let me go after i showe him the spray.. takes out a deo spray out from my bag and finds the stalker*

A lighter and a deo spray is like a flamethrower..
The rest is up 2 the readers imagination
Litle
Litle
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:34 pm

*whispers* hairspray and a lighter works too
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorwad Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:22 pm

gasoline is much more efficient.....
Gorwad
Gorwad
Level 22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 pm

For you Nemac I shall return, but my plans are to play the game in a very passive mode ( to chat with ppl who are between missions and quests and we can see what develops from there)

Some might have questions about the history of the guild, I remember that when Neo transfered leadership we decided to start from scratch, one leader 3 officers and maybe one or two members -help me out Neo with that if you can remember. Along the way I found many ppl like Nemac who always went afk around the same time because he had to clean up the dishes after dinner and Mighty who loves his ice cream, and Akroma who had the ability to take the guild to new levels and places.

Ive still got a lot of files to dl to get back in the game Shocked so if you see me on and I dont respond its because my puter is updating gw files

Ill see you all when ive got my ducks in a row. Till then, good hunting!!

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male
Number of posts : 179
City : London Canada
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:53 pm

*bunni-roars* simply wo0t!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am

I wasn't actually expecting you to answer that question but I'm definitly glad to know you'll be coming back.....someday. Looking forward to it.
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorwad Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 am

OMG VOGO IS BACK!!!!!! Welcome Back ill be spamming you with pm's even if u dont respond Very Happy
Gorwad
Gorwad
Level 22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Litle Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:55 am

As far as I understand Vogo is the former guild/alliance leader.. but why did he leave the guild? And when did he leave?? I know it was before I came into the guild.. Bu can someone tell me who he is??

You may answer for yourself vogo if ya want..

btw I'm just courios (or how you spell it) about who yo are since everyone seems happy about your return..
Litle
Litle
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:30 pm

Vogo is one of the AoL originals. Smile He never left the guild, per se...his name was one of those we never let leave the list. He just 'took a break' so to speak from GW. He is the one who passed leadership on to Akroma. Smile

And yes. We are all glad to see him making a return. Without the burden of leadership on his shoulders, maybe he can get back to enjoying the game and get back into it. I'd love to see Vogo become a more permanent part of AoL once more. Smile
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Vogo Agogo wrote:For you Nemac I shall return, but my plans are to play the game in a very passive mode ( to chat with ppl who are between missions and quests and we can see what develops from there)

Some might have questions about the history of the guild, I remember that when Neo transfered leadership we decided to start from scratch, one leader 3 officers and maybe one or two members -help me out Neo with that if you can remember. Along the way I found many ppl like Nemac who always went afk around the same time because he had to clean up the dishes after dinner and Mighty who loves his ice cream, and Akroma who had the ability to take the guild to new levels and places.

Ive still got a lot of files to dl to get back in the game Shocked so if you see me on and I dont respond its because my puter is updating gw files

Ill see you all when ive got my ducks in a row. Till then, good hunting!!

i remember when you and minnie came from [tree] i had 10 or 20 people in aol , but all inactive for ages. we kept some of them i think , at least for a while , but we did some cleaning too.

speaking of the 3rd officer , i talked with him not long ago ingame. my memory inst helping right now , i cant remember his ign. he told he had a new armor with black dye , i saw him.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:32 am

I thinki a history of myself in game will let ppl get to know me better.

When I started playing GW in august of 05 a real life friend of mine got me into a guild called The Dark Steel Legion – a large guild with many good players and Neo was also a member of DSL. The whole guild idea was new to me, I would look at the roster and see the officers and leader at the top and wonder about them and what they do as leaders of the guild, but all of my time I spent doning the next quest on my list and completing the missions.

For the first while I did not chat much or at all, I would read all the guild chat to get a scence of what was going to come as far as missions and such, but for the most part I played the game solo or with my friend. After some time I guess you could say that “I came out of my shell” and started to greet ppl as they logged on and joking around with ppl that who wanted to.

As I had gotten far in the game I became more confident with my skills and build so I started joining guild groups, mostly led by the guilds executive officer named Lorin. Around this time the guild leader- Shrain Lore – had become more involved with WoW, and this is where political forces started to compete off of my radar screen.

Shrain had movded over to WoW more or less full time, but he would not give leadership of the guld to Lorin. Thus Shrain had a guld in GW that he did not really want and Lorin had a guld leader that was not going to let him be a guild leader. In this time Neo and I had become officers of DSL, really at the same time as I remember.

So there was Shrain and Lorin who both wanted the guild to collapse for different reasons, Shrain so he could be rid of it and Lorin so he could take all the Dsl ppl and make a new guild in GW and there was me as a shinny new officer.

The saga continues...more to come

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:12 am

Interesting story. Can't wait for chapter 2 Razz
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:23 am

As a new officer in The Dark Steel Legion, I asked myself what is it that I can do for the guild. For longest time, ever since I was in the guild Shrain had done all the recruiting, so I took a stab at that and I got new ppl for the guild every day. That was the way the leader did it at the time – get lots of ppl and weed out the bad ones and keep the good ones.

So Shrain and Lorin had decided to promote a Vogo full of vigor and good intentions for the guild when building up the guild is exactly what they did not want to see hapapen. After a few weeks of this I had unknownly forced them to act – in Texas holdem thay whent all in.

Shrain had decided the only way to extricate himself form from the guild was to cause a mutiny, this would give him a rational for disbanding the guild while he was still the leader and he could blame its downfall on the officers.

So Shrain called a rarely held meeting with the officers and tore us a new hole. He said we were not doing enough and were not fit as officers. He did not use those words but that was the tone. Lorin used this a opening to attack Shrain on the forum along with some seinor officers – I was still a low ranking officer at the time and was taking it all in. At the time things were not obvious to me but looking back I can see more clearly what was happening.

I logged in to the game shortly after that to see cape changed to a gostly motief with a skull in the center. On the guild announcements it said the guild would be disbanded in two weeks.

I was totaly stunned and I think I just stared at my computer screen for what must have been 10 minutes, but after that I had to think of where I was going to next

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:15 pm

I contacted Lorin and he invited me to join a new guild he was forming called The Exiles of Darksteel. At this time also my friend that originally got me into the DSL was in another guild and I was very
tempted to pick up the phone and give him a call, but I but I wanted to talk with other people first. I did not get to talk with many of the people that I wanted to, as many were off line and this all happend within about 10 minutes but I did have a brief talk with Neo and he said that he was going to join Lorin's guild.

Really I guess the idea of being part of a brand new guild seemed enticing to me as I had never had that experience before, so I contacted Lorin and told him to invite me. I think Neo and I were the first officers on the roster but many more officers and members from DSL were to come fast.

Lorin had a master list of all the DSL members that he wanted to contact and as they came on line he brought them over to the Exiles so very soon most if not all of the officers from DSL were with us again and the members list was growing.

With a new guild, cape and guild hall, and a solid officer core I felt a huge sence that the guld was on solid ground and the best days were ahead. I had come to a big fork in the road of my GW experience and I was sure I had chose the right path.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:18 pm

I can see a lot of parallels here with what has happened in my own past, just in different games. I'm enjoying this. Smile I hope you continue it.
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorwad Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:04 pm

omg lol ill never be able to do a story on my guild xp as this is the first time ive felt "connected" to a guild/alliance i forgot most of the others but my first guild xp was with 2 people i was in the guild oh bout 2min

PS: love the vogo story keep it coming

MY 100th POST WOOT!!!!!!!!!
Gorwad
Gorwad
Level 22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Can't wait for the next chapter of Heroes: The Tales of Vogo
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:52 pm

It really did feel like a new beginning and for me I had a brand new guild to get players for and build up with all the officers that I had become friends with and adventured with in The Dark Steel Legion. I was hell bent on finding new people for the guild, but what type of guild the Exiles of Darksteel was not a message that Lorin wanted to be known to all.

You see, Lorin had carried on a tradition from DSL of on the web page giving officers ranks and titles. The titles were some fantasy/medevil types ( I cant think of what they were ) but the idea is the officers were listed on the web page and If you were listed below the name of the leader you were the executive type officer and if you were at the bottom.....

At this time the two top officers below the leader felt burnt out and were inseperable – they really did not want to see a large guild develope underneath them and agian there was Vogo spending a hour every day looking for new ppl for the guild.

Lorin understood that he had these two forces working within his officer core but he could not move against either one without shattering the guild and all of the officers heading off to the winds,

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:25 pm

Despite a diffierence of how we wanted to play GW we had all been together for a long time so the guild carried on and seemed to function well enough, The GW experience was very much bigger than any differences of what direction the guild should move, but the guild did grow at a steady rate.

Time passed and on my travels I ran in to Minnie da Monk. At that time I was using the recruiting method of giving ppl a PM and asking “ hi hi...just wondering are you happy with your guild?” She said not really and I told her about Exiles, but this was in a Crystal Desert mission town and her group was starting the mission so the conversation had to end there. I had talked to a endless amount of ppl so I just moved on went on my way..

Days later im in the troll cave outside of Droks with Lorin and a group there to cap a elite for someone and I get a PM from Minnie “hey there im still waiting for a hook to your guild.” The cave had been cleared out so I told the group that I was going to take some time and talk with her. Lorin carried on with the mission at hand and I caught up with them after I gave Minnie a invite.

Minnie was at the time just another person that I had givin a invite to, one of so so many, but little did I know that her future and mine would be very interwoven.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:03 am

So full of excitement Smile Next chapter please!
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:57 pm

Thank you Vogo, I too am very much interested in learning about you and the past that laid the foundation for AoL!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:34 am

The guild was a good size at the time and Minnie was a hit with the officers and soon there was talk of promoting her, but it was for all the wrong reasons, It was just because she was popular, at the time I got caught up in the whole thing and she sought my advice. Shortly after she was made a officer she asked me “Im a officer, but I really dont know what a officer does” My responce was simple, I said “ do you care about this guild and the people, do you have a vision of what you would like to do with this guild, and do you see yourself making that happen” she said yes to that and I said that is what makes you a officer.

I knew that really didnt sink in with her but the one thing we did have between us is absolute trust and this would help the both of us in the game.

Factions preview weekend was comming up soon and this was causing ripples of excitment throught the whole guild.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 am

Factions was released and we all dove into it head first. It was a fun time for all of us as we needed new content in the game. After a week or so – im not sure – I was summoned to my first meeting with other guild leaders for the purpose of joining a alliance. It was arranged by another officer with people that she knew.

The leader of the alliance said that it was all about having fun with others and was laid back, but we were to find this was not the alliance that we thought we had joined.

After joining we saw the Exiles was the low guild as far as faction, at the time we thought we could overcome that, but after a couple of vent meetintgs with the alliance where a quota was impossed we knew we had to look elsewhere.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:49 pm

the lotus allience

i remember one of those vent meeting , there was like 50 officers from all the guilds in one channel.

if i remember well , this allience made some changes in our officer roster ... we lost 2 officers that joined the leading guild of the allience we end up leaving.

very sad for me becose one of this officers, was one of the officers that made me like so much TDL , i still talk to her very rarely when i see her online in friends list.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:24 pm

iam seeing parrellels between this Minnie person and myself

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Could be Mighty Rolling Eyes
Haru
Haru
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 856
City : St. Paul
Hobbies : Tennis, Music, Anime, Games (duh)
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:23 pm

My recolection of when the two officers left that Neo refers to happened in the second alliance that Exiles joined. Neo might be correct, but I can only write this journal of my past in GW from what I remember, if it contains some flaws that should not matter as the over all story is what is important.

Going back into the time when we were in the Lotus alliance, the new campaign was very fun for us all to experience, but I was very much bothered by the idea of collecting faction. The math seemed simple to me, the more man hours a guild or alliance could put this effort the better they would do in that part of the game. For those of us who had jobs / family / kids / school / a life, would not be able to compete with those who played GW 16 hours a day. Weather I was right or wrong, this is what I thought at the time

I had said in my last post that “we knew we had to look elsewhere” but it was not a smooth transition to that conclusion. At that time I was very much a officer who if you asked me what I thought, you would get exactly that, like it or not. It was the first alliance the the Exiles were in and Lorin wanted it to work out, and I was openly in opposition to our guild staying in the alliance. Looking back im sure he concidered demoting me, booting me, but in the end when the quata was introduced Lorin knew that his guild was not in the right place.

We had some extended talks with another alliance leader after we left Lotus. Lorin would post on her forum and she whould post on ours so we could get to know each other.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Litle Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:18 pm

Amazing you keep everyone interrested in hearing your story.. I really love reading this whenever i go on the forum..
Litle
Litle
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Lol. This is the highlight of my day. Everyday I come home from school thinking, "hope Vogo posted more of his GW life story."
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:59 pm

As a bit of backround, when Factions was released only ppl who had the rank of officer or above could use alliance chat or maybe even see aliance chat. I had never asked anyone about the “see” part of AC so that part im not sure of.

We joined the new alliance and it was like a breath of fresh air, no pressure to FF, just new gulds to meet and enjoy the new campaign with. The alliance leader was a real GW players player, she would set goals for herself as far as advancing in Factions and when I looked at her forum she was very attentive to the people who would post. Im sure many in her guild looked up to her as a person who was good at the game and cares about the guild she had.

After a shortish time in the alliance Lorin summoned me to the Market Place in Factions shortly after I logged on that day. He said something that seemed very cryptic to me at the time like... “just to let you know there was a problem in alliance chat and im going to deal with it.” That is all he seemed to want to say about the matter so I went off to do whatever. From not seeing it first hand though this is what I think happened. Lorin came on alliance chat and with a lets have fun and get to know each other attitude he probably said something just to get people to wake up and talk, a officer from another guild shot him down hard without knowing he was slaping a guild leader.

Now remember that Lorin had for all practical purposes always had been a officer in GW, and in the first guild – Dark Steel Legion – he had risen to the executive officer very fast, so he was in no way used to anyone treating him like that. That is not to say he was a total ego driven person, he was like all of us a complicated individual and very much I learned from him of how to be a guild leader I had learned from him and how not to act as a guild leader I also learned from Lorin * winks at Akroma *

So Lorin had his undies all in a knot over this and pushed it too far, there was a secret alliance meeting that Exiles was not made aware of, the other guilds had decided that we had to go. The two top officers, who I had said mostly kept to themseves, after a debate/argument in the officers section of the forum then left Exiles and joined the lead guild of the alliance, they felt with the other guilds that alliance chat is for serious talk only.

IM NOT KIDDING YOU WITH THIS, very next day Anet changed the game so that all alliance people could talk in alliance chat.

*face palm*

Last edited by Vogo Agogo on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:08 pm

LOL the next day???? *laughing* beyond ironic!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorwad Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:34 pm

lawl
Gorwad
Gorwad
Level 22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:46 pm

I was now promoted to the executive officer of Exiles. As many of you will know I NEVER carried on the tradion of giving officers ranks, it serves no purpose other than to cause bitterness and to give the guild leader a sence of dominance that he never really has. Exiles was the guld I was in and thats how Lorin did things.

So Exiles bounced around for a bit than decided to form a alliance of our own. This was a time for me when my duties as the XO were a bit amusing now that I look back on it. Lorin was making contacts and looking for guilds – like I was when AoL decided to be a lead guld – but he would yank me to these face to face meetings with other guild leaders and officers without telling me any backround. So a lot of the time I was there to be seen....”and this is my executive officer Vogo.” This did not bother me much, because I new all of these types of meetings are all the same. If two leaders get to the point where they are in a guild hall and the agenda is to join or not 100% of the time is going to happen, a guild leader just does not put himself or herself in that position without knowing what the outcome will be.

Many meetings I attended, and I was always building up the guld, and time went on. I got home one day and found out that Neo had left the guild. I had Lorin's phone number so I called him – which I had never done before – I found out there was a was a huge rift between Lorin and Neo in how the forum should be managed, and Neo could tell us more about that if he wants to.

Neo had left Exiles and started a new guild called Army of Lightness.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:20 am

bom bom booommmm *dramatic music score*

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:13 pm

YAY! more chapters please!
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorwad Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:14 pm

bom bom bommmmm -me punching mighty- Very Happy
Gorwad
Gorwad
Level 22

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raz Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:15 pm

Question: ever since I joined this alliance why does everyone want to hurt MIghty? xD

... yes Gorwad represents everyone who wants to hurt Mighty, he acts on their behalf... Rolling Eyes

Raz
Level 5

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:32 pm

the forum story

morgan was the second in comand of exiles , we didnt see him much in game but he was the admin of the exiles forum.
i have been adicted to forums since the first version of the matrixonline.com that had ranks , its funny that vogo talks about the ranks of the forum , the ranks was when everything started for me in terms of forums , the first forum i ever typed was thematrixonline.com , it was a forum where you would get ranks for the numbers of posts , so everyone was spaming , really heavy spaming , i got to 500 posts in a really short time.
after some time the forum went down , and the adress changed to the official page of the actual matix online game now.
after that i joined other forums , and one made everything change in my vision of what a forum should be ...
it was a text mmorpg , i was not just noob in forums but ultra noob in mmos , this was a wierd version of a mmo , cose it was only text , in a forum format.
similiar to what we have now in our forum , but it had some rules.
in few word what hapand was that i ended being banned from the forum , and becose the admin was not very experienced in admining , she deleted all my posts from the forum ...
ofcorse this coused the all story to make no sence , all i had a lot of post everwhere in the story , without my posts , it would made no sence.
all players end up leaving after that.

back to exiles forum , morgan was hosting it in a server that he was paying for it , so he had this vision he could make money out of it , becose he was impressed with the numbers of visitors ... i tried to explain to him that numbers of clics in internet are not that hard to get , and that he should not try to get money from it , but it was his job , so he did it anyway ....

becose of that he would spend some time doing maintenance in the forum , " working " expecting to get money from that work ... and what he did was delete old posts , delete old acounts , keep the forum clean ... that for me made no sence at all , coming from a text mmorpg ...

if there is something good about forums in my opinion is that you can keep track of life ... it works as a multiplayer diary. its a completely new form of socializing , using one of the oldest means , that is typing.

you can now understand why i care so much about not deleting stuff , but i do agree that some of the history is better gone then writen. it is a very sencible issue.

so one day i make a thread about windows xp performance setings , where i say among lots of tips , that we should keep our startup empty , i teach readers to clean startup using msconfig ... the thread didnt grow much , but i remember there were a few posts made from people with coments and other tips ...

what made me leave was when i find out that morgan had deleed the whole thread. just becose he didnt agree with my msconfig startup tip ...

i saw then that he didnt know what he was doing , had no clue that behind the text there were people , he could not just delete ... he should have made a quote and made his coments , make his point and win it , if he could ... but never just delete my existance on that matter from the forum.

you may find this a lot of drama just becose of a forum thread , but it was not just this thread , it was everything else he was doing in the forum , plus this.

so army of lightness was born with a vision of making a guild where people care for each other and dont back stab.

play for fun , enjoy the good side of guild wars being a social game.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:37 am

Neo had left and I had to deal with that, and again I was mostly doing what I did best, which was finding new ppl for the guild. After a while Neo brought his guild into the Exiles alliance – this is when I first fell in love with the AoL cape he made Smile It is the one that I wore as leader and loved the look of it.

More time passed and I saw a change in Lorin, our PM frequency went down and he seemed to be drifting away form the guild, or from me im not susre. A while afterwards announced he was going to take a vacation from the guild for a week, and then he was on less and less.

I sent a PM to Lorin in the forum that I cant continue to find ppl for the guild if I have no guild leader. Minnie seemed to know what I was going to do before even I knew it. I just told her “find me another guild.”

We had a meeting with another guild and as soon as I could leave the meeting I ran away. I was ashemed to be there, I knew Minnie was going to get us in, I just could not ... well I dont know, but I could not stand being in the meeting any longer.

The guild was Tree and I guess I ran a lot more....I went back to pre.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:02 am

Is our current cape the same one Vogo?
Kiera
Kiera