Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Relating to Geoff [Facehooks.9012]

+2
Dragnix Pheodron
Grawnaw
6 posters

Go down

Question Relating to Geoff [Facehooks.9012] Empty Question Relating to Geoff [Facehooks.9012]

Post by Grawnaw Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:35 pm

Something has been bothering me lately and I want to know if I am the only one,
before I talk it over with the person in question I thought the smartest thing would be to see if anyone else is having a similar feeling.
Geoff AKA [Facehooks.9012] has been really rubbing up the wrong way with me
I'm not one to do a lengthy post so you can gather how much this is irritating me.

His 'Answer for all" attitude is really bothering me and talking over people and officers at any point when he is online, and today when he stated that he could "Design a code" to tamper with Rolz.org just pushed me over the edge, I have not said anything to him, but I do think his attitude needs to be brought in line, Etiquette isn't difficult.
thoughts please.

Aaron

Grawnaw
Level 15

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 158
City : Melbourne
Hobbies : Gaming, Drawing, Handyman stuff,
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Question Relating to Geoff [Facehooks.9012] Empty Re: Question Relating to Geoff [Facehooks.9012]

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:41 pm

I am inclined to agree.. he can at times be very helpful.. but I find he is kinda obnoxious!
I think he needs a warning...

EDITED TO INCLUDE:
During GMs he was putting down other members "Fuck Head?" I believed he called them for activating a trap. This I cannot and WILL not tolerate!

edited again:
Clarified he said "fucking idiot" not fuck head

Last edited by Dragnix Pheodron on Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia

Back to top Go down

Question Relating to Geoff [Facehooks.9012] Empty Re: Question Relating to Geoff [Facehooks.9012]

Post by Demonic cassandra Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:36 am

Totally agree guys,Think this may need nipped in the bud before he says something to the wrong person, As for calling someone a fuck head in teamspeak and talking over people when there trying to run guild missions well that can`t be tolerated as you say Kara+Aaron.
Demonic cassandra
Demonic cassandra
Level 21

Male
Guild : aol the best
Number of posts : 212
City : Antrim
Hobbies : Gaming-Fishing-an more Gaming lol.
Registration date : 2015-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:17 am

I had a long talk with Geoff today.  I let him vent, because he had asked to speak to me before I volunteered to speak to him on behalf of the officers.  He feels that Kara has been targeting him and singling him out.  He claims that others have said similar things.  I thought it would be a good idea to have Geoff and Kara talk things out with a mediator.  They were both on earlier and they both wanted to take care of it then.  It turned out a bit more heated than I hoped.  He objected to something Kara said at the beginning then went on the offensive.  Kara defended herself and things got a little more heated than I had hoped.  

However, through it all I realized that Geoff takes offence easy and blows things out of proportion.  He also has very selective memory about events.  I fear he is spreading descent among other guild members.  He is not very open to criticism.  

I have really liked Geoff.  He is very charismatic.  He is likable most of the time.  However, taking into account what I've said above, I am not sure what to do with him.  I'm not sure if he will ever be able to be professional with Kara.  I cannot have a guild member at war with an officer.  

Maybe another officer could take a crack at talking to him.  I have a few people I want to talk to, and I will update here when I have more information.  If anyone else has more information to share on their observations, please let me know.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:57 am

Due to my involvement in this issue and anything I have to say may be deemed biased and in turn should not be submittable, I have chosen to distance myself from the discussion phase of this.
Beau and I have spoken at length about this and I believe he understands where I am coming from and I trust him to represent me.
If there are any questions directed towards me, I would much rather answer in here, I appreciate the understanding with this delicate issue.
I truly hope to get a speedy resolution to this issue.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by worf warrior Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Firstly I was not there so to comment on someone's behaviour that I have not seen would be wrong
secondly How many times has he done this?? was this a one of or are we being a bit over sensitive, The only reason I ask is because a large guild can fall apart very fast if news gets around we kick people for small offences, as for calling people idiots well truth is sometimes in large Family's there are idiots and to use our freedom of speech to call them that is fine IMO. using bad language is just frustration we all do it and it wont be the last time, I have heard other officers use the term "fucking idiot" on many occasion lol. I was in a large guild before and it collapsed for almost the same reason. sorry if this offends or upsets anyone but I am just speaking my mind(not a lot left of it but am speaking it Razz ) I too am a "fucking idiot" sometimes
but don't hold it against me plz Smile
worf warrior
worf warrior
Level 32

Guild : aol
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Midway Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:18 pm

The comments about hacking the dice roll website erked' me the wrong way. But other officers had already jumped in to tell him to back off. Where he was standing last night during Save our Supplies, he was fine to be there. To be honest. They spawn very close to the supplies and need a near immediate response. With the comment about calling people idiots its unwarranted, but I sort of agree with Mr Tech, don't hinge kicking him on that minor offence. I understand that he's beginning to mount up issues, but if we decide to kick him. We gotta have our bases covered.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:00 am

I just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything else about Geoff... he seems to have calmed down a bit and settled into the way of things with us, I am really pleased with his progress :-)
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:16 pm

He has been great lately. He can still be a bit of a troll, but remember people used to say the same about someone else we've promoted Wink
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Midway Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Yeah, i've noticed he's settling well now that he's had time to adjust.
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:30 pm

With some slight reminders about his trolling (like we do with our other one :-p) he would be a fine Squire :-)
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by worf warrior Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Agreed a fine squire indeed
worf warrior
worf warrior
Level 32

Guild : aol
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down