Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knowledge Over Judgment

4 posters

Go down

Knowledge Over Judgment Empty Knowledge Over Judgment

Post by Ever Wind Pro Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:58 am

Chapter 1 (some of these people you might not know but they are people i play with out of guild/alliance)

I was stuck fighting the char. I couldn't go back for the fear of being caught by the ascalon guards by abandoning my post on the watchtower but i had the char in front of me. To make things worse i had a new recruit with me. She was a bit older than me and took the necromancer profession but she was too lively and wasn't taking things seriously enough to be in a war.

I took out my longbow that my father gave to me. It glistened in the sun and my faithful companion was next to me. She was daunted by how big the tiger was but how tame he was as well. I told her that she will be safe as long as she is near me. I saw the char running towards me and i noticed the leaders at the back of the group. I readied my bow and took a shot. The arrow fly through the air silently and hit its mark on the char's neck. The char dropped. Akiva turned to me in amazement at the accuracy of the shot.

She turned back to the battle and realized that she is fighting in it too. Her expression in her face changed and she started chanting in an ancient language and soon afterwards swarms of insects were heading towards the char. She looked at me with a grin but i kept concentrating on my targets. She looked a bit sad but she kept on chanting. The char were close now and still were thousands strong. Sindoya ran in and the char slowed down. I could tell they were shocked and scared. The leaders attempted to call an attack on him but it was too late i silenced them before they could give the call. Akiva followed my lead and started summoning minions to help in the fight. I could slightly understand what she was chanting through my practice of a ritualist but i was still fixed on being a ranger.

I chanted something under my breath and a lightning storm erupted in the middle of the char only to confuse them. I took this advantage and managed to take out five of the char before they got back to their senses. Akiva had finished her chanting and a mass of bloodied corpses started moving towards the char. They look scared on what two humans were managing to conjure and looked for guidance from their leaders but realized they were dead. They were starting to retreat and i sighed in relief. Akiva was chanting another spell but i put my hand on her shoulder and she realized she could stop. The fight was over for today but there would be another tomorrow. Their was always another war to be faught
Ever Wind Pro
Ever Wind Pro
Level 32

Male
Guild : [RAiD]
Number of posts : 329
City : Perth. Australia
Hobbies : hanging out with friends, sport, being the most random person
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Knowledge Over Judgment Empty Re: Knowledge Over Judgment

Post by KyssAvDoden Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:22 am

Ohhhhh. Who's the grumpy Necromancer? Good job, keep up the work
KyssAvDoden
KyssAvDoden
Level 23

Female
Number of posts : 236
City : Oslo, Norway (currently in Richmond, VA)
Hobbies : you

Back to top Go down

Post by Ever Wind Pro Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:37 am

Chapter Two.

I headed back to the camp with Akiva to where my mentor was. I felt that something wasn't right but I just suspected it to be the weather. The weather had been bad the moment the char had come. I was getting close to the camp and I realized that i should have agreed with my gut instinct. The camp was on fire, I ran straight towards my mentors tent. The side read General Juriaan, I new he was a high rank but I didn't see him as a person to show off his rank in the army. Juriaan was in the middle of the room laying on his back gasping for air. Bodies of char were around him so i knew he hadn't gorn down without a fight.

I moved towards him and when he saw me his eyes looked pleased. He knew it was his end but his student and friend was with him in his dying moments. He told me to lead closer to him and he whisper'd three words in my ear. "Friendship, Loyalty, Honor" I knew the meanings for these but I didn't understand why he told me them. His last request though was for me to take his bow. I declined but he insisted.
"Its never made me miss a shot and its light weight use it well" he said in his last dying breaths
I accepted it at the end but before i could realize and offer my thanks he had passed on.

Akiva could see the flames in my eyes and tried to cheer me up but soon realized that it wont work. I told her that we were going to and old friend of mine. She lived in the mountains and was very good with tracking. She was one of the few also that Sindoya listened to besides me.

It took us three days ride to reach Lumsk. When we arrived she had a surprised look on her face and then looked at Akiva and asked who she was. I told her that she was my new apprentice and Lumsk just shook her head.
" Ever Wind I would never of thought to see you out of all people to be a teacher to somebody else. You always seemed to be in the shadows that that deadly marksmanship of yours and Sindoya as a protector"
Sindoya growled when he heard his name. I scratched him behind the ear to tell him it was ok and he lied back down.

It was a long night of telling stories to each other of our past and what had happened. She looked shocked when she found out that Juriaan had passed away and was even more shocked when i told her i was a Sergeant in the army now.
Ever Wind Pro
Ever Wind Pro
Level 32

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spice N Dice Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:25 pm

Interesting style Pro, loving it keep up the good work =)
Spice N Dice
Spice N Dice
Level 39

Male
Number of posts : 395
City : Madaxersville
Hobbies : Finding every possible way to bug you
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by KyssAvDoden Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:28 pm

It is a bit different, keep it up, it will be interesting to see how this plays out
KyssAvDoden
KyssAvDoden
Level 23

Female
Number of posts : 236
City : Oslo, Norway (currently in Richmond, VA)
Hobbies : you

Back to top Go down

Post by Ever Wind Pro Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Chapter 3.

It was a long night and Akiva had taken the only spare bedroom. I offered to sleep on the couch. At the moment i just wanted to sleep it had been a long month for me.

We woke and set off at dawn. Akiva was still grumpy about it but she accepted it and soon stopped complaining after ten minutes. It was around noon and nobody had been talking. I could see Akiva was becoming restless. I was going to give her something too until she asked.
"Where does your name come from Ever Wind?"

Lumsk answered that for me.
"When he was young he was in an orphanage after the char had killed his parents. From that moment he has had the fire in his eyes and the hatred for the char. From that moment he has also been training with his bow for revenge against the char. He got his name Ever Wind from how the caretaker was always seeing him practice with his bow. His only possession. In full the name reads The Protector Of Eternal Winds but people just called him Ever Wind."

Akiva just was standing there taking in the story. She didn't seem so speak a lot after that and she had understood why I had the hatred against the char. We rode through the night and day and Lumsk had told me that we were getting close. I noticed a movement in the bushes and i told everybody to stop. It was to big of a movement to be a rabbit but to small of a movement to be a bear. A person had been following us.

I notched and arrow and took aim above the bush and fired. There was a scream as they felt the arrow skim across their head.
"The next one will be in your heart if you don't come out right now" I shouted
The mysterious person stood up and started walking towards us.
Ever Wind Pro
Ever Wind Pro
Level 32

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spice N Dice Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:20 pm

oh dear
Spice N Dice
Spice N Dice
Level 39

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by passifis Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:06 am

Ok, Kim almost made me cry, but when I read chapter 2, especially the part about Juriaan, I did cry. All together, very awesome Adrian, keep it up.
passifis
passifis
Level 33

Male
Number of posts : 334
City : Weir
Hobbies : Guild Wars, Computer Programming, Gaming, Music
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ever Wind Pro Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:12 am

He didn't speak and hid his face well. Sindoya was becoming more and more agitated and started growling deeply in a warning tone. The figure didn't flinch and just walked past him. I uttered a curse under my breath and hands came out of the ground and held the figure in place.

I demanded who he was and why he had been following us. The figure took if his hood and he turned out to be a she. Kim ran out shouting
"Spice where have you been and why weren't you here sooner"
I lowered my bow and calmed Sindoya down. I still didn't trust this person. The dervish people in my area were holy people that ended up corrupting peoples minds. To make things worse she had trained to be an assassin too. I couldn't sleep that night. I was always keeping an eye on Spice making sure she wouldn't try anything

The next morning Lumsk saw my face and then saw my direction i was looking in. She understood that i didn't trust Spice. Lumsk then said
"I've found the char's trail and they seem to be heading east of here"
That meant only one thing. The char were going back to their main camp and this could be the once chance we get to hit them when they aren't ready and to cripple them in their forces even if it means sacrificing out own lives.

We rode hard for the next few days. Saying very little to each other and getting very little sleep. Along the way we met a traveling elementist named Spell. She worked in the area of fire magic and she soon joined out group to cripple the char and hopefully defeat them.

We finally stopped. We were a days ride from the main char war camp and I told the others that we would rest here for a day to prepare our selfs for the battle. That night I sensed that something wasn't right and I couldn't sleep that well. At dawn their was a scream and Akiva had woken up to see an assassin at the front of her tent. I had prepared warding spells around our tents the night before and that had been the only thing keeping him out. He had already started rubbing out the markings on the ground and Sindoya was going in to attack.

The assassin unsheathed his daggers and while doing so i noticed a bow on his back. The same bow that was one of the first bows that I had ever used. I didn't believe it at first but then accepted it. Lumsk saw my face and then understood. This assassin was one of my previous students.

Last edited by Ever Wind Pro on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Ever Wind Pro
Ever Wind Pro
Level 32

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spice N Dice Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:31 am

wow this is getting creepy, nice twist to the story adrian the suspense works really well. keep up the good work
Spice N Dice
Spice N Dice
Level 39

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content