Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Process of Recruiting and Kicking

+2
The Beau Brothers
Dragnix Pheodron
6 posters

Go down

Process of Recruiting and Kicking Empty Process of Recruiting and Kicking

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:11 am

Our members are the most important part of AoL and we must ensure that we are aware of the correct way of bringing someone into our family!
With our changes in ranks and the expectations and requirements becoming slightly more detailed we are happy to allow Squires the ability to recruit!

For map posts you can use:

Army of Lightness [AoL] are recruiting! Social, Casual, Large, Everyone Welcome. PvE/Fractals/Dungeons. Guild boosts Daily. Missions 2x weekly. TS3, Forum, Facebook. Love voice chatters. PM me. (Blackgate)
It is also fun to add a little bit of fun/spice into it.. I like adding things like:
Looking for some awesome, hilarious people to help keep me company! Very laid back, willing to help anyone at what ever level or experience they’re at!

Individual people with no tags:

Hey!  I notice you are not representing a guild.  Are you interested in one?  My guild is a casual, socially oriented, mostly PvE guild.  We are welcoming to players of all levels.
If you might be interested, I'm happy to answer any questions.

Once you have someone you're talking to that seems interested.. get to know them a little.. find out their names, where they live, what they main, what there favourite thing to do in the game...
Build a bit of a relationship with them, it makes the transition into the guild MUCH better and easier.

Give them a bit of information about yourself and info about the guild.. i.e 420+ members, been around for over 7+ years, Blackgate, PvE primarily but wanting to move into move PvX.. working on getting ready for the xpac and new guild halls!

If they are still interested.. send the invite, and give them the basic information required.. i.e: our Forum address, Facebook, TS3, and make sure they are aware of our message of the day!

The forum is becoming one of the most important tool with AoL, please take the time to ensure your new recruit registers ASAP as we cover ALL our policies, procedures and 'how to' guides (and many more topics) within. Please stress the importance!

Teamspeak (aol.emanon.us) is one of the other important tools, please stress the importance of using this, even if it is only to come on and listen ESPECIALLY during Guild Missions!

Don't forget to ask them what they would like to be known as and introduce them into the guild (once they have accepted and are representing).

Once you invite a person, don't just forget them... take time to keep talking to them, make sure you encourage them to take part in groups and parties.. direct them on where they may go if they need a little extra help :-)

With the power of recruiting.. also comes the power to edit lower ranks, which means kicking. This can be a very tricky power. I would strongly advise not to kick ANYONE, if there is an officer online and available take the issue to them immediately and they will follow the steps involved. However, in some severe cases that NO officer is available.. be very aware that we do NOT kick unless 100% necessary and use the guides and procedures outlined already. SCREENSHOTS ARE CRUCIAL!!!!

When kicking guild members, keep in mind to remain as polite as possible.  These are a few things that must be done before kicking someone:

Give a warning
  Give an explanation to why they were kicked
  Allow them to apologize to any and all affected by said reason
  Message an officer letting them know who is being kicked and why
  If it is publicly done, those guild members have to be told why it happened
  Take screenshots.

In essence, we do not kick people arbitrarily without telling them what behaviors were incorrect.

If you have any questions.. please don't hesitate to come to me or another officer :-D

Last edited by Dragnix Pheodron on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Process of Recruiting and Kicking Empty Re: Process of Recruiting and Kicking

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:15 pm

I love this guide Kara.  

Squires and Knights feel free to add your own touches to the recruiting.  You do not have to follow these scripts verbatim, but please keep your recruiting in the same spirit.  Let them know about us and what we are like.

Do not do any "cold" recruiting.  Never just stand in a newb zone and send invites to anyone who walks by.  We want to let them know that we are really interested in them and what this guild is about.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by worf warrior Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:18 pm

Awesome job as usual Kara Smile
worf warrior
worf warrior
Level 32

Guild : aol
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ruvy01 Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:59 am

Great job Kara, very informative!
ruvy01
ruvy01
Level 2

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by seamonster Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:26 am

Good write up Kara. You can always add a little bit to spice it up to make us a more attractive guild but never say anything that isn't actually a fact.
seamonster
seamonster
Level 21

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonic cassandra Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:54 pm

Hey guys, I usually try to recruit people to the guild by jumping map to map. This allows me to find the maps with the largest amount of people in it (this is usually the maps which have events going on). Once I find someone who is interested in joining a guild, I give them info on AOL. I first establish a conversation by asking such questions as, where they are from and what they like about GW2. Then I move on to asking them what are their main interests about GW2 and what they would look for in a guild, this can also give me ideas on how we could improve AOL so I could bring this info to the officers. Once I establish a strong conversation, I then give them info on how our guild works, some examples on our events and a rough estimate of our numbers. I answer all their questions and if they are interested in joining, I send them an invite.

P.S Sorry Kara, hope you don't mind but I have used some of your techniques from your post, I just wanted to show that when your advice is followed it really helps us to build on our numbers and grow our guild, AOL.
Brilliant job on your post, you should get an oscar. LOL!
Demonic cassandra
Demonic cassandra
Level 21

Male
Guild : aol the best
Number of posts : 212
City : Antrim
Hobbies : Gaming-Fishing-an more Gaming lol.
Registration date : 2015-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:11 pm

aww I really appreciate this Srg! thankyou very much :-D I am really glad that this is helpful!
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content