Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

guild rules or guide lines

+3
Akroma
yosei
neoteo
7 posters

Go down

guild rules or guide lines Empty guild rules or guide lines

Post by neoteo Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:44 am

this as always been a hard field , but i think we now can think about them
this came to my mind after akroma post on the chapters poll thread.

so first line is :

- register in forum and participate in forum polls

now i think kicking someone for not doing any of the rules or guidelines is ridiculus , instead we give rewards for those that folow the rules and guidelines.

with this philosofie i think we can come up with a good list of things to make the guild work more like we imagine

post your ideas and coments
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

guild rules or guide lines Empty Re: guild rules or guide lines

Post by yosei Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:37 pm

Your quite right about getting more people to participate in da forums, and I love the rewards idea.

I think the forum provides alot for the guild and with more people more activities ( I dont mind a section just for activities)

As for rewards I was thinking like we could have make like a mini pet or item to be our mascot or sumthing XD.

yosei
Level 6

Male
Number of posts : 64
City : canada
Hobbies : none
Registration date : 2006-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:30 pm

I happen to disagree with the "rewards" idea. people shouldnt get something spiffy for not being a bonehead. people in general should know better not to bad mouth one another within the guild or to an alliance member. its common sense. if you go to your job, work hard all day long without slacking off - are you rewarded for it ? no. just my opinion
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:58 pm

I do have some opinions on the mater but I would lke to see more posts here before I stick my nose in.

Having said that, officers have the rank for a reason, the biggest of which is to ensure the peace and stability of the guild. As I said, I want to see more of the conversation on rules and guild lines, but there are times where a "kick on the spot" offence comes up. The majority of these happen when someone is abusive to another member or alliance member. Someone can tell someone else to stfu, and you can pm them and they will say sorry it was just a reaction or somethig like that. I dont buy it, there are 3 steps to telling someone to stfu and at any time in the process you can decide not to be rude to others

Step 1. is whatever it is that makes you angry

Step 2. is your brain deciding what you want to say back

Step 3. is your brain telling your fingers to type in stfu

This might happen all within a second or two, but in that time if you know that doing it is wrong you would have stopped yourself before you hit the enter key.

One other thing that can not fall under a rule, is sometimes a officer has to help quide a person through a pm. Like for example if a person is constantly asking for help with a mission and he is not getting a response, It might be appropriate to give him a pm and tell him "sorry but I think ppl are busy with things atm, try to find a pug."

If and when a set of rules and guild lines are set up I do not want them to restrict a officers ablity to carry out his duty as he or she sees fit.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male
Number of posts : 179
City : London Canada

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaths Bad Day Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:34 am

I agree with vogo and akroma.... Common scence and stupidity have not often butt heads in the guild. and when it does it is usually delt with swiftly by an officer. most people dont have a big, overwelming devil sitting on their shoulders that always get the best of them. Thuse i dont really see any need for any "set in Stone" rules or guide lines...

but turning the forum into a seperate topic ... i do agree on finding a way to make it more active and full of our members. but to make it a rule, I dont think it would work to get many more people than what we got. What if we started to talk about what is on the forum in the game. Fun Interesting stuff to Interest people within the game to visit the forum. some stupid ideas.... Joke of the day..... or a Theroy of GW game play.... Shrug* i dont really know... just an idea... Dont force it upon them, persuade them to come on....
Deaths Bad Day
Deaths Bad Day
Level 2

Male
Number of posts : 29
City : Lingle
Hobbies : Life!
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:17 am

i was just wondering if we make these rules are we gonna tell the alliance bout them? cause the conversation that got Sir Lozar(not sure bout name), actually got started by one of the NuDE members. so if we make our own rules how far are they gonna stretch?
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 232
City : Tulsa, OK USA
Hobbies : reading,biking,guild wars
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:11 pm

ok i think there was a miss understranding , what i said about kicking someone , was just about being in the forum or not. not for rude and common sence miss behaviurs.
of corse we kick for that , sometimes i feel like kicking for less.

now about the forum "rule" my idea is the same as yours , bring more people.

of corse this cant be a rule , becose we are not kicking people for not regitering the forum , that was what i was trying to say in the first post.

add fun stuff , make a activitys zone , etc

about losar i was not present at that time , but i think becose he is like 11 or 12 , he didnt understand what goes in allience chat. i dont understand it sometimes .

anyway , for me rules and guide lines dont need to focus on punishement for odd acts.
i was thinking more about guide lines to make us play as a group. to work as a group. like guild goals. instead of telling what not to do , we tell what to do and give rewards to those that folow. something like that. but i agree rewards are not really nessessary , since we know playing with guildies is already a reward.

and maybe add some lore to it ... make it more interesting ...

using the forum we can make it , each one adds a bit when something pops in the mind.

Last edited by on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:33 pm

i was thinking about the lore part , and i had this idea , maybe add a role playing zone in the forum , this way it would come natural on the fly.

for those that are not sure what role playing is read :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:13 am

HmmMMmm... What about this role playing thing..? Which form would it be taking on the forums? Is it like some threads I saw like someone starts telling a story about something and someone else replies and goes on with what he thinks may happen and so on...? (not sure everybody gets my meaning here)

Another thing I thought of just now would be to have like a weekly forums contest... Every week someone (maybe one of the officer) would start a thread with a riddle giving one more clue everyday from like monday to friday. The winner gets gold or some nice weapon or something he needs... If noone finds out, the prize is put back in play the next week in addition of the new prize that goes with the new riddle...

Get it? It would be like "solve riddle A = Get prize A" If noone solves then "solve riddle B = Get prize A + prize B"

Just 2 things, we need prizes and we need to find nice riddles too.. Very Happy
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by yosei Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:50 am

Doesnt sound bad, weekly contests in the forum might attract people to the forum, prizes i doubt will be tht big a concern.

yosei
Level 6

Male
Number of posts : 64
City : canada
Hobbies : none
Registration date : 2006-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaths Bad Day Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:34 pm

Some of you that were in TDL with me may remember that kind of stuff happening on the forum....

We would have riddles..... and those stories that you are talking about Yuri

It was fun and i always was going on just to participate... It did bring use closer as a guild, at least a majority of use for a time....

P.S. I got lots of riddles...

There was this man standing in front of a portrait looking at it. Another man came up behind this man and asked, "Who is the man in the portrait that you are looking at?"

The first man replied, "Brothers and sisters have i none, but this mans father is my fathers son."

WHO IS HE LOOKING AT?
Deaths Bad Day
Deaths Bad Day
Level 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:45 pm

Sounds like he's looking at his son...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:02 am

Hes looking at himself,
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:35 am

... "My father's son" = he's a unique child so he's refering to himself.
"this man's father is my father's son" = "This man's father is me" = the guy on the pic is his son.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Deaths Bad Day Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:36 am

He is looking at his son... good job Yuri Wink
Deaths Bad Day
Deaths Bad Day
Level 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:45 am

lol, k, think im gonna start another section for this so we dont get off the subject of guild rules to badly
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content