Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sundering

5 posters

Go down

The Sundering Empty The Sundering

Post by Jidahlo Stormarrow Mon May 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Prologue:

"Smoke from the buildings had died down now, as had the screams of the dieing.High above two men looked down upon the small village of Tuzal, or what was left of it. It had come, and burned it to the ground... The younger one looked at the other
"Father, it is as the prophecy has foretold, now is the time, it has been written."
"I know my son, I know... I just wish I had gotten a chance to warn them..."
/////////////////////////////////
Elsewhere...

The night was quite, then again, nothing ever made noise without reason here, thought Jax, they would die in this harsh unforgiving landscape, this hell. He thought about his girlfriend, his love, back home, she had begged him not to come out here, but he had been caught up in the officer's speeches, gold meant nothing, but thoughts of glory swept through him like fine wine.
Suddenly, he turned to his left, thinking he had seen something "Caz," he said hesitantly. No response was forthcoming so he ventured over, he looked around the fire, and gagged. There was Caz, on the ground in many different pieces. Suddenly he felt a pain in his back, and everything went black...

Slowly, she worked her way through the camp, killing all, drawing here blade across throats, slowly, gently, lovingly... She sniffed, and looked up, her bloody work done. How pretty she thought, I used to dream of things like that, but now i want more... SO MUCH MORE! NEVER WILL THEY MOCK ME AGAIN!....
Her work done, she slowly walked away, suddenly she stopped, and turned around uttering a bone chilling chuckle "No one gets away from Kiera.... no one."/////////////////////////////////
Meanwhile up in the cold mountains of the Shiverpeaks...

Sniff... Shuffle... "Get away from me!"..... "NOOOOOO!" Mighty loved this time... the final terror filled moments of life... He loved staring into their eyes until the last vestige, the last dread filled dreg of light fled.
Suddenly he turned and stared down into the valley, and saw the men and women working there, laughing merrily, they had cast him out! Him! The mighty paragon, so what if he had becomed embroiled with that Necromancer, well no one would laugh now, no one would spit on him, he looked around
"I WILL TAKE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!" He screamed.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Chapter 1:

Run, just keep running, thought Taras as he sprinted through the jungle. Those dumb mother fuckers who thought they knew something, they thought they could just waltz in and assault Toman Head, until the Seventh Sanctum came in and… He shivered, best not to think of that now, he had barely escaped alive himself, unlike poor Zatz and the rest. Suddenly a horn sounded from close behind, he whirled just in time to see a dark shape wielding a giant double headed battle axe screaming a war cry, he immediately whipped his knives out and ran at the man, at the last possible second, he dodged, turned and flipped over the man, when he turned, Taras put one knive through the mans eye and another through his throat, then he knelt over him, and licked the blood from off his chest. He smiled, but suddenly saw many more shapes advancing on him through the twilight lit trees. He gathered his knives and sprinted onward through the trees, when he heard a noise.
“Psst! Over here! Quickly!” called a woman from the brush behind him.
He turned, sprinted over and dived in the hole, dislodging rocks and sticks behind him, darkness covered the hole and a stray rock hit him on the head, the last thing he saw before he fell into darkness was the woman leaning over him chanting....
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
She looked down at the young man and smiled, his chin was square, his brow strong, his muscles thick and well toned, but all his strength couldn’t save him from the poison seeping through his system. She closed her eyes, and when she opened them again she could see the color of Chi around her, the green and blue of the earth around her, the orange of the energy, the pulsing red and yellow of his spirit, and the ethereal, otherworldly purple of her hand. She reached down and through his arm, grabbing his veins she began pumping the poison out of his system, then very carefully she massaged his heart and looked down, the work was done correctly and well, but she still had much to do. Three hours later, exhausted, she looked down on him and smiled, he would live.
Then she got up and went outside to pray.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She went down to the hidden lake, and drew a circle with runic inscription in it in the soft, loamy earth. Then she sat in the middle and recited the Mantra of the Six Sanctums. The first, Love as in love of the family, love of the nation, love for your friends. Second, Peace, inner peace, inner peace will always lead to world peace, find peace within the world. Third, War & Might, sometimes you must fight to defend what you love. Fourth, Fate, you cannot fight Fate, it is there, pulling you were you are destined to be. Fifth, Nature, love the world around you, and Melandru will love you and shelter you from harm. And finally, the Sixth, Death, when it is your time, fight till the end, but when you are called, go down to Grenth’s realm for judgement. Calmer now, she walked back to the cave and ate a little fruit.
Then she consulted with Dwayna.
“Mother, I don’t know what to do, shall I walk with him in the mortal world again at last?”
“Yes my daughter, he is the one I have foretold would come, tough but caring, a mass of opposites, he will change the world, you may reveal to him who you are.”
“Yes mother……”
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
“Ugggh…. Where am I…?”
“You are in The Wilds, 100 miles north of the Sanctums of Knowledge.”
“Okay then,” Taras said sitting up, “Then who are you?”
“I am Limka,” said the woman “but I am also the Whisper on the Wind, and I am the Messenger of the Gods, and I am the Living Heart of Eternity, and you are the one the prophecy foretold, you will help change the world.”
“Ya right and roosters lay eggs, why should I believe you? And how did I get here?” he said.
“Watch,” suddenly a flash of lightning brilliant and piercing light came down from the heavens and struck her, instead of disappearing however, it kept churning around her, more and more power, until suddenly, she screamed and the lightning exploded everywhere, but it did not harm one single thing. “As for how you got here, after you dove into my home, I cleansed you of the poison in your system and I magicked you out here to the lake to clean you.” She said.
Taras was utterly awestruck, and he noticed something else besides her power, she was astonishingly beautiful, stunningly, amazingly beautiful. Her rounded breasts strained against the edge of her clothes, and her curves were amazing, he also noticed that her clothes were of the finest make and of the style of a female dervish, or holy warrior. “Okay then, he said, if I’m to change the world, how do I do it?”
“I don’t know, she said, but the Prophet of Knowledge at the Sanctum will know.”
“Oh wonderful, well, we better go then, it’ll be a long walk.” He said.
She laughed, “When you are the Living Heart of Eternity, time has no meaning.” And suddenly, nothing moved, no sound was heard, the world was silent and had stopped.
He noticed a fly in mid-air and laughed “Pretty nifty trick Limka.” Then he noticed her on the ground behind him. “Are you okay?” he asked.
“Yes, I’m fine, she said, getting to her feet, but The Sundering is closer than I thought, and my power is waning, we need to move now.” She gathered up a beautiful scythe and walked down a trail the appeared through the trees.
“Okay he said, my father told me of The Sundering, the end of the world, the fall of nations, the splitting of families, am I right?”
She sighed, “Yes she said, but it will be worse than anyone can imagine… except for me.”
“Alright,” He said, “I will speak no more of it, let us walk.”
So they walked through the eternal twilight of The Wilds, she explaining to him the names and uses of trees and plants they saw along the way, and he telling her about his life. Until they came upon a sudden break in the tree line, with light on the other end, they walked out, and there it was. They walked up the road, and the spell dissipated. The first thing they saw along the gate, were two ebony guards with spears and shields guarding the way. Taras smiled… they had finally arrived at the Sanctums of the Gods.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Elsewhere...

“Ah, Kiera, it is so good to see you back again.” Said the elderly man.
He didn’t look like much, but he ran the entire spy organization for the Seventh Sanctum. He had more blood on his hands than anyone on Giraz*, except maybe her, she thought with a silent chuckle “How good to see you Mr. Renault, how has the clan been doing while I’ve been away?”
“Quite well madam, we are moving our troops towards the pitiful Sanctums of Knowledge, they have no idea at all.”
“Excellent,” she said, “Continue.” She moved into her private office and smiled, and then began to laugh, the world would soon be hers…

End of Chapter One
*Giraz = Earth

pirat
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Level 35

Female
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 354
City : Chi-town
Hobbies : Soccer, School, GW, clubs, Cooking
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

The Sundering Empty Re: The Sundering

Reserved
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Level 35

Female

Back to top Go down

Reserved
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Level 35

Female

Back to top Go down

Reserved
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Level 35

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jidahlo Stormarrow Mon May 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Reserved
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Level 35

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Force of the divine Mon May 04, 2009 9:25 pm

lol reserved all the chapters under each other...long....but gr8

Last edited by Force of the divine on Tue May 05, 2009 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Force of the divine
Force of the divine
Light

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 1495
City : Delft
Hobbies : Hockey (field), GW, drinking beer
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Mon May 04, 2009 9:46 pm

I like it, but why all the reserved?
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jidahlo Stormarrow Tue May 05, 2009 12:53 am

so i can write more chapters, and people will not have to sift through replies
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Jidahlo Stormarrow
Level 35

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The White Peregrin Tue May 05, 2009 11:32 am

Great piece Laura Smile

Atmospheric and tense ... can't wait for the next chapter.
The White Peregrin
The White Peregrin
Level 22

Male
Number of posts : 222
City : Warrington
Hobbies : Far too many to list
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by passifis Tue May 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Very nice laurana...really drags the reader in and then drags them along through the whole thing. keep it coming...
passifis
passifis
Level 33

Male
Number of posts : 334
City : Weir
Hobbies : Guild Wars, Computer Programming, Gaming, Music
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content