Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allied guild project

4 posters

Go down

Allied guild project Empty Allied guild project

Post by Akroma Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:14 am

The majority of us spoke on vent one afternoon. Some of you have caught wind through tid-bits that I've mentioned here and there...I believe that we are going to follow through with the idea.

For those not up to speed; we (the alliance) are going to create a full sized guild as the icing on the cake. As we all know - it is very tough to find good people, members, officers, leaders and especially full blown guilds. I have spent 2+ years working with countless guilds on all levels. I'm going to try something different and the idea is as follows...Each guild will feel around for a volunteer (I dont want you to put forth your top 1 or 2 members or officers). Instead I would hope that you'd find somebody that you would consider as a 2nd or 3rd shelf player/member. Somebody that you may have been keeping an eye on for possible promotion down the road. The next generation of upcoming officers perhaps. (this all ties into each of us constantly raising the bar for our guild, members, etc. etc.) We will have the 1 or 2 volunteers from each of the allied guilds jump into one guild which I have created as a model of what the alliance can do.

Once we have ALL of the volunteers in the guild, we all will collectively go out in one afternoon and spend 30 minutes to an hour and pick up approx 4-5 members each. (10 volunteers = 50 members in an hour). I'd like to spend no longer than a few days on maxing out the guild tops. Now, I know what you're saying in your head...quantity vs quality ? No, it is both in one because it all depends on where you recruit. This will be like boot camp for your "officers" and a great chance for them to grow as a gamer and be a bigger asset to you. The volunteers are only temporary. After we pump up one guild from zero to 100 in no time, I would like to then have that crew or even possibly a different/new crew jump into an existing guild for example TOA, then tvol, then iE, etc. down the line until we have done the same for all allied guilds. I plan on returning all volunteers to the original guilds after the fact because I would want them to keep the morale they have picked up during the alliance wide boost. Perhaps double or triple each of the allied guidls. Good attitudes spread just as easily as bad ones. Lets do something productive with our time and gain a heck of a lot more people to run DoA, FoW, Uw, Urgoz, DTSC, 600/smite, etc. while we're here. Lets go out with a bang until GW2 comes out. I would like a massive M A S S I V E following of friends into GW2 so that we all can have a giant jump start on the whole e-friends to make gaming much funner for us all.

I would hope to have all volunteers ready and waiting in the newest guild by thursday of this week. I'm sure somebody will have a question or comment, so please post any thoughts you have.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Allied guild project Empty Re: Allied guild project

Post by pendragon Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:27 am

Sounds interesting.
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 520
City : Sevierville, TN
Hobbies : Gaming, gardening
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Pendragon, you were one of the 3 that were not on vent with us the other afternoon. No biggie; and thats why the website is hands down the best communication to keep everybody on the same page. I think that TOA will benefit even more from it once it is rolling. I speak with Ganon, Ellory, Flynx and the crew of officers in TOA semi-often. They say full guild size which is good, but approx 15 or so on/active daily. We'll do some house cleaning and give TOA a refresher.

Dont be affraid to whisper me when you're online, we'll go party for something with the alliance Smile
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ark Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:21 am

Sounds interesting.

Ark
Level 1
Level 1

Guild : Vanguard of the Masters
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:14 am

Ark I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen since we have a full alliance
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ark Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Doesn't have to be exactly within our own alliance, though.

Ark
Level 1
Level 1

Guild : Vanguard of the Masters
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:18 pm

This post is outdated. It was intended to be boot-camp for up and coming officers. To teach the new generation. Should we end up with an empty spot, we'll revisit it. I should mention that the ONLY guild that came up with volunteers was RAiD.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down