Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on the Feb 25 updates?

+7
Captain Morgahn
Dan Obsidian
Odysseus Thecunning
Mighty
Force of the divine
Laurie Istlar
Stevejavson
11 posters

Go down

Thoughts on the Feb 25 updates? Empty Thoughts on the Feb 25 updates?

Post by Stevejavson Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:04 am

As most (if not all) of you probably know, there were some changes made by Arenanet on February 25, 2010. What are your thoughts so far? What do you like and/or dislike about them?

News Segment can be found here

http://www.guildwars.com/support/gameupdates/

Personally, I haven't had a chance to check out the tactics/rit/blood reworks yet but I think the changes that were made to the major farming builds were fairly effective. Although speed clears haven't been destroyed, they are much more up to par with the expectations for challenge for areas considered "elite".

With the new "Heal as One" buff, I'm still kind of disappointed that they haven't decided to rework the pet control system; such as adding a flagging option for example.
Stevejavson
Stevejavson
Level 70

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 715
City : Where the grass is green and the girls are moderately attractive
Hobbies : Making people uncomfortable
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Feb 25 updates? Empty Re: Thoughts on the Feb 25 updates?

Post by Laurie Istlar Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:33 am

Personally? I think it's great Very Happy

Since my main characters are necro and ritualist, we've recieved some great buffs. Blood bond is working out nicely in a lot of situations, both solo and in groups, as is ritual lord.

I've heard a lot of people praising the hammer updates for improving their warrior characters. . though on the flipside, it's buffed up many of the hammer wielding foes in the game. Kinda annoying in dtsc, but fun overall Smile

While it's somewhat sad that some sc's no longer run.. I'm sure people will find new ways of doing them pretty quickly. It'll be both challenging, fun and annoyign to learn the new ways but.. .keeps the game interesting Smile

Laurie Istlar
Level 7

Female
Guild : Iluminati Elite
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Force of the divine Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:56 am

/agree i like the hammer updates cause not many people use them as char while they can be pretty handy. dont know if i like all the necro updates cause of touchers. And most of the time i like a full team over a run. But i gues we do have to figuer out how to do the rlly hard area's like DOA, the Deep and Urgoz.
Force of the divine
Force of the divine
Light

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 1495
City : Delft
Hobbies : Hockey (field), GW, drinking beer
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:41 am

YAY RITUALISTS! I love what they did...however i feel that they have a lot of moves that siute the same purpose...oh well Ritual Lord yay!

Mighty
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Odysseus Thecunning Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:09 am

I'M
IN
HAMMER
HEAVEN
crafted my destroyer maul, wicked, hammers are back.
I have to try the tactics after. the stance deflect arrows ,holy moly, it rocks hard.

Odysseus Thecunning
Level 21

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 214
City : Montreal
Hobbies : Killing our Guild leader
Registration date : 2010-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Obsidian Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Well, aside from the skill balances, which has been the obvious part, Arenanet also gave some idea of their views concerning PvE and future updates. I don't know whether anyone has yet had the chance to read through the developer's notes but it seems the future of PvE is small scale farming and balancing builds so it will be equally effective to run a fully balanced build in say ... UW compared to builds that rely on a single/or few professions (like the UWsC used to do).

Aside from that, I really liked the updates. The only thing I regret is that heroes don't really have the brains to use some of the new skills.

Dan Obsidian
Level 50

Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Morgahn Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:43 pm

I agree, it seems like the skills are getting more complicated with each update and therefore heroes are getting a more limited pool to draw from. Some skills heroes will just use very poorly but other become useless on heroes such as Ritual Lord.

Overall the update looks promising and I'm thrilled that ANet didn't just nerf builds by making the problem skills obsolete.

If anyone has some new builds (post update), it would be nice if they posted them just to see what people have come up with and so they can get feedback on possible improvements.
Captain Morgahn
Captain Morgahn
Level 13

Guild : iE
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:52 am

For a ranger the ability to have their pet instigate the attack, kind of a "Sick 'em" thing would be wonderful. I've seen that skill in other games and it is awesome!!

My (WOW) other game hunter would have pet attack while I took an aimed shot for mass crit damage from a distance. Hope they work in pet controls soon.
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 520
City : Sevierville, TN
Hobbies : Gaming, gardening
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyris Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Shadow Form still works... gg anet.

Also... lol seeping wound...
Tyris
Tyris
Level 11

Male
Guild : -
Number of posts : 115
City : UK
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Divina Lydia Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:02 pm

I dont ming that SF still woks at all because i tend to use it from time to time.

BUT GOD SEEPING WOUND IS ANNOYING AS HELL!!!

lol

No, seriously. This was supposed to be a balancing skills update and yet there are skills incredably overpowering the game. What im trying to say is if they were going to make seeping wound effective again they shouldnt have made it THAT good.

Let me explain:
This is what the spell does currently
Elite Hex Spell. For 1...6...7 second[s], target foe moves 50% slower. That foe takes 5...21...25 damage each second while suffering from a condition. This spell has half the normal range.
Now what i think is just too overpowering is the dmg it deals, i mena 25? that is enough dmg to just auto attack the target with a condition spamming skill and it dies. it doesnt even have to be a +dmg dealing attack.

I would have made the spell do less dmg but the snaring and the ability is really nice.
Elite Hex Spell. For 1...6...7 second[s], target foe moves 50% slower. That foe takes 5...11...18 damage each second while suffering from a condition. This spell has half the normal range.

Divina Lydia
Level 15

Male
Guild : [RAiD]
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurie Istlar Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:07 am

I see the update changed some skills foes used.

It'd be useful if they now gave heroes some intelligence Razz

Laurie Istlar
Level 7

Female
Guild : Iluminati Elite
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:29 am

Change is the one thing that remains constant in this game. I like the update because it made me start exploring new builds I've never used before. For instance, my ranger is trying out a new beast master build and just sitting back and watching my pet hit consistantly for over 100. My necro has gone rit secondary and is now healing, and has also become a super curser.

Yes, hero AI needs some work. It is hard enough to get Koss to not run off and decide who he wants to fight. Sometimes you wished you could just turn on them and kill them yourself to save the trouble.
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 520
City : Sevierville, TN
Hobbies : Gaming, gardening
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvus Silverfox Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Personally i find it so and so! DTSC has been nerfed causing me to spend nearly 40k to make teh new builds (all for 600 and smite). This money was supposed to go into my kuz elite armor saving and white dye. Thankfully i survived this stock market clash by zeliting and selling zkeys!
Silvus Silverfox
Silvus Silverfox
Level 37

Male
Guild : BOOM
Number of posts : 378
Hobbies : Music piano/guiar/bass/singng playing gw! reading!
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down