Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What race will be your first choice in GW2?

+29
nemesis_siscely
Ryans Demise
Scott
zeldalove101
paul
panzer
dimurea
General
Alluriana
donnilee
Gregory The Avenger
Elfen Order
Great Descent
andracoz
Lelouch Polegan
Carseus
Blake
Raiden
Becca
Naix Mccloud
Force of the divine
Laurie Istlar
Freeze_XJ
Captain Morgahn
MisaMisa
Saint Alex
Draco
Markus Clouser
Stevejavson
33 posters

Go down

What race will be your first choice in GW2?

What race will be your first choice in GW2? I_vote_lcap18%What race will be your first choice in GW2? I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 18 ]
What race will be your first choice in GW2? I_vote_lcap15%What race will be your first choice in GW2? I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 15 ]
What race will be your first choice in GW2? I_vote_lcap14%What race will be your first choice in GW2? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 14 ]
What race will be your first choice in GW2? I_vote_lcap15%What race will be your first choice in GW2? I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 15 ]
What race will be your first choice in GW2? I_vote_lcap38%What race will be your first choice in GW2? I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 39 ]

Total Votes : 101

What race will be your first choice in GW2? Empty What race will be your first choice in GW2?

Post by Stevejavson Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:55 pm

What race are you planning to immediately jump into when/if you get GW2?

I'm liking those sexy tree people personally, I'll probably go Sylvari.
Stevejavson
Stevejavson
Level 70

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 715
City : Where the grass is green and the girls are moderately attractive
Hobbies : Making people uncomfortable
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

What race will be your first choice in GW2? Empty Re: What race will be your first choice in GW2?

Post by Markus Clouser Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Human. I already made the lore for my char.

Steve.. do you know what K stands for?
Markus Clouser
Markus Clouser
Level 8

Male
Guild : [ema]
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

What race will be your first choice in GW2? Empty Re: What race will be your first choice in GW2?

Post by Draco Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:26 pm

i'll probably go norn first but thinking charr or human (yes human). i'm a melee brawler more than anything. charr would be fun if they make the noises they do in the first one lol. Smile
Draco
Draco
Level 24

Male
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Alex Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Which ever melee class gets the best armour, I will take. I'd like it to be the Norn since they are the tallest, but the Charr seem to have more lethal looking armour. Just hope it isn't humans because I fancy a change.

Saint Alex
Level 9

Male
Guild : NoNe
Number of posts : 96
City : Carlisle
Hobbies : Breaking/Fixing my PC, Sport, PC/Console games
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by MisaMisa Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:15 pm

i dont know about all you but i plan to start off with as many characters as possible so im planing to have one of each race
MisaMisa
MisaMisa
Level 21

Female
Number of posts : 211
Hobbies : Game Design
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Morgahn Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Lol. That is what I have been thinking all along Misa, but I'll probably focus on whichever seems the most fun at the time of release. I'm just hoping ANet is nice enough to give us at least five character slots.

I'm kind of dreading one thing about GW2 that has to do with races. Currently for most farms and higher level PvE, you have to be a certain profession to fill a slot in the party. I'm wondering if things will get so specific (with race specific skills) that you will have to be a certain race AND a certain profession in some farms. If so, it could make having the "right" character really difficult. Assuming 10 professions and 5 races, you would need 50 (10x5) characters to have one of each type. I'm completely off topic now but I'm hoping for general professions (warrior for all physical damage types and mage for all spellcasting) or a fluid profession system where you can change both your primary and secondary. I'm sure most people would disagree saying that this would make no sense as far as lore, but I'm more concerned more with the technical aspect of meeting expectations of other players and parties. Not too mention, I want to experience playing different races as different professions. This all gets more complicated when you look at PvP and the removal of PvP characters in GW2, unless race specific skills are PvE only (which would make little sense for lore).

These are just my concerns/opinions about GW2 and sorry for being quite a bit off topic here.
Captain Morgahn
Captain Morgahn
Level 13

Guild : iE
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeze_XJ Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:54 am

Due to a lack of Protoss, I'll probably go human.

@Morgahn: I expect the same as in WoW to happen, ie. profession will matter, and race only blocks certain professions. I most likely won't have all profs, but I do hope I can have enough mules Wink

Freeze_XJ
Level 7

Male
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heros
Number of posts : 78
City : Cheesehead Country aka the Netherlands
Hobbies : pestering computers
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MisaMisa Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:51 am

also @ Captain not only is there the 5 races to theres gunna be 4 'ethnicity" for each race to which is going to split the classes up(I.E. charr have: iron blood and ash listed. Iron being focused on mechanics, blood being known for its traditional battlefield combat, and ash known for assassin types and something they call "stalker") this could limit the classes or add more in that sense.
MisaMisa
MisaMisa
Level 21

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurie Istlar Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:14 am

Likely Asura, though sylarvi looks kinda fun too Smile

Laurie Istlar
Level 7

Female
Guild : Iluminati Elite
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Morgahn Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:24 pm

As far as the race divisions, ANet has already confirmed that this will only slightly affect your storyline and will have absolutely no effect on race specific skills or profession choice. Of course this could change but I'm certainly hoping it won't.

In case anyone cares, race skills are apparently supposed to be weaker than profession skills, so my original concern doesn't seem like a big deal anymore. Unfortunately this makes race more of an aesthetic choice rather than a practical one. I don't see how "becoming the bear" can really be weaker than a normal profession skill, but I guess we'll find out soon.
Captain Morgahn
Captain Morgahn
Level 13

Guild : iE
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by MisaMisa Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:53 pm

yea haha my post is kinda etchy lol thats what i get for typing right when i wake up. but also i dont see how it can have no effect i mean if your born under iron for charr then it would make more sense to me to have a higher mechanics mastery .-. and i understand they state it doesn't it just to me would make more sense.

But then looking at it that way Humans are just based off what continents they were oriented from. So it would make no sense there lol.
MisaMisa
MisaMisa
Level 21

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Force of the divine Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:24 am

ill be a Norn for sure.
Force of the divine
Force of the divine
Light

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 1495
City : Delft
Hobbies : Hockey (field), GW, drinking beer
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Naix Mccloud Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Well given i really hate charr ..and the thought of a generation of like half-asuran/half human ...yeah i am going to keep it simple going to be human ..a human that can use guns or explosives, lol
Naix Mccloud
Naix Mccloud
Level 27

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 275
City : a burned out berg where the teams dont get lucky ..and neither do i
Hobbies : photography, bad jokes , and baseball fan extraondinare
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:39 pm

I'll be making an Asuran and she will be my title farmer ^^ but i know i'll have one of every race because they all look awesome
Becca
Becca
Level 34

Female
Number of posts : 347
City : Scotland
Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Sun May 02, 2010 5:07 am

I think i will go Norn! Human is my second thought, then sylvari i guess Shocked
Raiden
Raiden
Level 2

Male
Guild : BOOM
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Sun May 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Sylvari look cool..i'm going with them
Blake
Blake
Level 0

Guild : [WWII]
Number of posts : 2
City : Gainesville
Hobbies : Beach...Beach..And Beach
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Carseus Thu May 20, 2010 2:36 pm

I'm probably going to go Charr, that way I won't have to shave ever!
Carseus
Carseus
Level 11

Male
Guild : IE
Number of posts : 110
City : London
Hobbies : Getting killed by my guildies!!
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca Thu May 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Moar Asuran supporters please
Becca
Becca
Level 34

Female
Number of posts : 347
City : Scotland
Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Polegan Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Asura, definitley. =)

Lelouch Polegan
Level 0

Male
Guild : Blades of Destiny
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by andracoz Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:34 pm

I will probably go norn because i like bears Surprised
andracoz
andracoz
Level 2

Male
Guild : Lions Arch Guard
Number of posts : 21
City : Gloucester uk
Registration date : 2010-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Descent Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:15 pm

I'll probably have one of each if i can, but i have to start with a human warrior just cause. humans win Smile. All the races look awsome tho.
Great Descent
Great Descent
Level 15

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 150
City : Leyland
Hobbies : Games, Music, Band, Graphics.
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Draco Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:35 pm

i'm changing i will either go charr or asura then either norn or human sorry the sylvaria are cool but eh i like the others the best. i wanna make either a melee charr or ele and if possible either charr or asura rit i hope they bring back the good old rit Very Happy
Draco
Draco
Level 24

Male
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Elfen Order Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:01 am

I'm with Steve, the tree people sounds awesome. Very Happy
Though, I do have a soft spot for the Asura.. Hm..

Then again, it all depends on whether I can get it/it will run on my laptop. =/

Regards,

EO

Elfen Order
Level 14

Male
Guild : [AoL]
Number of posts : 149
City : Horsham - England
Hobbies : Photography. You can see some of my pictures at: www.wix.com/cockram/portfolio
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory The Avenger Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:51 pm

I want to be a Norn / Elementalist!!! I can burn the crap out of people the transform into a wolf and slash them to finish them off!!

Last edited by Gregory The Avenger on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : color)
Gregory The Avenger
Gregory The Avenger
Level 3

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 30
City : Pacific North-West
Hobbies : Guild Wars
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

What race will be your first choice in GW2? Empty No Clue

Post by donnilee Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 pm

I haven't read a lot about it so half of what you guys are talking about makes no sense to me. However, I am glad that they are doing different races. That's one of things that I felt was lacking in this game. Everybody is human except for a hero NPCs.

Being a D&D'r from way back, I'm a little stuck on the idea of certain races having racial abilities that others don't have, and certain races being better at certain professions. For instance, elves always made better spell casters, gnomes always made the best rogues, etc. So while I think there should be some wiggle room as far as choosing a profession, it'd be nice if the "race" you chose had some inherently specific abilities.

D&D has tons of races - let's face it, if they are only doing 5 races, they aren't exactly knocking themselves out here.
donnilee
donnilee
Level 80

Female
Number of posts : 814
City : Waterbury, CT
Hobbies : Writing fanfiction for XF, Gaming
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Alluriana Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:04 am

I prefer Asura! Because they are so cute Very Happy
Alluriana
Alluriana
Level 0

Female
Guild : Raid
Number of posts : 4
City : Houston
Hobbies : Gaming/Sketching
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by General Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:36 pm

I've never been that much into fantasy. I like my casters though. With that being said, I've never been one to want to play as a monster race. I like the humans. That's what I'll be. Always have been against GW2's idea of different races but we'll see how it goes (:
General
General
Level 5

Male
Guild : Liars Cheats and Thieves
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dimurea Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:23 pm

An Asuran Msmer type would be coooool.
dimurea
dimurea
Level 3

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 38
City : Seattle
Hobbies : Muse-sick.
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by panzer Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Human first. Norn second. Depends though on racial traits and what other professions will be available. Norn warrior for sure though Very Happy
panzer
panzer
Level 3

Male
Guild : Liars Cheats and Thieves [Liar]
Number of posts : 36
City : Mississippi
Registration date : 2010-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by paul Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:59 pm

*crawls out from under rock* ill prolly start with a silvari...

paul
Level 10

Male
Guild : The Lords of Dragonheart [RLR]
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by zeldalove101 Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:23 am

[i]I will probably make one of each race but start with Sylvari cuz they are brand new like not seen in gw1 so lol and they seem like the elf to me and elves are smexy xD
zeldalove101
zeldalove101
Level 1
Level 1

Female
Guild : Rage Aganist The Demons [RAiD]
Number of posts : 13
City : mahopac
Hobbies : Playing games swimming and shopping! xD
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:31 am

Asura! they just look so awsome and there tiny xD
Scott
Scott
Level 3

Male
Guild : Aol
Number of posts : 35
City : Templeton
Hobbies : video games, Wakeboarding,hanging with friends
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryans Demise Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:53 am

I chose norn because i am a warrior and obv. norns will be warriors but after watching the videos, Charr looks amazing, i think when gw2 comes out ima switch my primary toon from warrior to ranger
Ryans Demise
Ryans Demise
Level 3

Guild : Liar
Number of posts : 38
City : Toledo
Hobbies : to be determined
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by nemesis_siscely Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:19 am

well i voted for asuran however its either that or sylvari
nemesis_siscely
nemesis_siscely
Level 1
Level 1

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by cheryes Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:00 pm

damn treehuggers. human all the way
cheryes
cheryes
Level 5

Male
Number of posts : 52
City : Walden Pond
Hobbies : Bashing Dots, Coffee
Registration date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJames Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:19 am

I'm going to make my first character a human warrior, just to ease my way in.
Then I'll probably make a Norn. Not sure what class. We'll see once more professions surface.
SirJames
SirJames
Level 11

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 119
Hobbies : Video games & Snowboarding
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ery Lian Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:55 pm

I'll probably start with a human followed by a Charr but eventually I'd want to have one of each except Asura...not really a fan of Asura. ^^>

Ery Lian
Level 0

Guild : Rise Up From the Ashes
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Healy Unit Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Asura. Ankle-biting+golem battle suit ftw ^_^
Healy Unit
Healy Unit
Level 4

Male
Guild : Killer Green Buddah
Number of posts : 42
City : The Moon
Hobbies : Teaching, science, biology, geology, paleobiology
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down