Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5-Aug-2010 Note!

+7
Yuri Mortenzen
neoteo
Naix Mccloud
pendragon
Force of the divine
Stevejavson
Kiera
11 posters

Go down

5-Aug-2010 Note! Empty 5-Aug-2010 Note!

Post by Kiera Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:18 am

Good morning!
Please note I am the current GL of AoL while Akroma focuses on his studies, he once again gave me the keys to the castle so to speak and as such I am holding the Alliance as well.

I am coming to everyone who reads this for your help because I would like to see the Alliance doing more together as it appears from my perspective that at least during the Evenings when I'm online, there isn't a whole lot of Alliance socialization, partying-up, and such going on. It's rather creepy quiet and has bothered me as an Officer in AoL because yes Guild-Partying is of importance BUT also venturing out with your Allies is equally important since it gives more options of things to do, people to talk to, and fun to be had. Unfortunately I'm at work during the daytime when our International Guilds are online, how is it then? Very active alliance-wide or sort of on the quiet side?

Is there interest in daily Alliance events such as VQ in certain area each day or working on EoTN HM Books, HM Dungeons, Faction farming, ZE, anything? What about campaign sweeps, and how's everyone's HoM's looking? Need certain titles still that others may be working on also?

Input, thoughts, suggestions, complaints, all are welcomed either here in this thread or via PM.... now's your chance to speak up and lets get things rolling!

*grins*
Looking forward to partying up with you all! (at least until Akroma banishes me back into his pocket Razz )
- Kiera

Last edited by Kiera on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

5-Aug-2010 Note! Empty Re: 5-Aug-2010 Note!

Post by Stevejavson Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:18 pm

*Bows to Queen Kiera*

I think the main issue here is figureheads. They are present on a guild level as the leaders/officers, but on an alliance level, there aren't very many that the majority of active alliance members know.

My suggestion would be to further prod our members to do things like register on forums, get their feet firmly rooted into our community, as well as updating important threads such as the Guild Leader/Officer lists etc. This would be an excellent way for members to know who exactly is organizing the events, and what is going on.

I find that it's a rather difficult step to go out and do something with a random person unless a party is already established. We need more people with the image of being able to reliably start a party, because it is quite disappointing to join an alliance adventure only to find out it's only with one other person. This promotes people to stay in their little enclaves, or worse yet, not interact at all.

As for fixes, there isn't much that comes to mind other than promoting alliance figureheads and maybe making guild activities a bit more focused.

Stevejavson
Stevejavson
Level 70

Male
Guild : RAiD
Number of posts : 715
City : Where the grass is green and the girls are moderately attractive
Hobbies : Making people uncomfortable
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Excellent points on getting everyone more involved and keeping the Guild Leader-Officer list here on forum up to date, because if all Guilds are ensuring their data is current and nudging people to register for the Alliance resources that's a great beginning! Also don't forget in-game you can hit F-10 to access both your Guild and the other Alliance Guild wiki pages which normally have been crafted to list each Guild's Roster of Officer/GL.

We need to work on the party-ups as George brings up a good point where too few are known by the majority. Could those that currently have the "image" through the Alliance help foster more joint adventures and encourage others to do the same? Simply joining someone's party and suggesting more do too would go a long ways to help people meet allies with perhaps similar interests to theirs.

For activities.... anyone have suggestions we can take as an entire Alliance to work on? Most fugly cape contest? Pick a weekend and do nothing but work on a specific campaign?

Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Force of the divine Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:09 pm

I als noticed we did less stuff in the ally and talked to several people about it.
I think we need to start small and start doing zmissions, zbounties and wanted quest every day. AND ask people in the ally to join because even if u can do it alone u can help and have way more fun doing it together.
Force of the divine
Force of the divine
Light

Male
Guild : Illuminati Elite
Number of posts : 1495
City : Delft
Hobbies : Hockey (field), GW, drinking beer
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Very true with the zm/zb's/wanted quests- Force, most people do those on a regular basis so yelling in Ally-chat for a party-up or hopping into someone else's party would be a great way to get things rolling along!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:50 pm

I remember when a member of ToA left us to join AoL because our global(me) couldn't run dungeons and others were too tied up with their own thing. We need to keep the guilds busy by involving everyone alliance wide. BTW where is Katrue nowadays?
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 520
City : Sevierville, TN
Hobbies : Gaming, gardening
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Katrue left the game to go to Aion, and keeping everyone occupied and happy is the ultimate goal so that there will be ZERO reason for anyone to seek switching from one guild to another within the Alliance, because if we are all partying up together, spanning all the Guilds, there's nothing to be gained by it.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Naix Mccloud Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:21 am

I think were hitting the right notes here, but even if its Just Socializing in the GL or conquering the UW ...i think just shooting from the hip here ..something that we did in a guild long ago ..we had liason officers each of the main guilds officers would talk to the GL's becasue a) you need a cattle prod to get people on the froums sometimes and b)I saw in a previous post, I agree with the figureheading if we keep the lines of commuication soild the community of the whole may benfit. Thats my two cents anyway
Naix Mccloud
Naix Mccloud
Level 27

Male
Number of posts : 275
City : a burned out berg where the teams dont get lucky ..and neither do i
Hobbies : photography, bad jokes , and baseball fan extraondinare
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:21 am

i remember guildwars comunity asking to the gw programers they would like to see other guilds rosters in the allience , this way everyone could see who is online in the allience , and make it easyer to start remembering names etc.
the work arround we can think of is to add to the friends list , but that can be very hard to keep updated and to memorize anything.

at the end , the best way is with third party solutions , like the forum ... and the best of all in my opinion , the vent server.

anyway i think its fun to have this quest of trying to make people socialize and have fun toghether , its our eternal quest as members of a guild and allience.

and not forgeting we have real lifes to take care and do the same socialize and have fun ... and work to make it all possible

im very proud of what this allience as done until now ...
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:09 am

Hmmm... I'm usually on when you're at work I believe and I can get help or provide some to those in need without any problem... It's usually pretty open inter and intra guild... I have to admit I don't always remember who I help/helps me, though...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by donnilee Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:31 pm

I think we all have different goals with different characters. And the old tried and true still seems to work. When you're doing something like a mission, quest, etc., just post a note in Alliance chat asking if anyone else also needs that mission quest. If they do -- great. Bring them along. Introduce yourself and this way I get to know quite a few others from other guilds.

It's too bad we don't have a bigger friends list. It's the only way to tell if ceratin others from other guilds in alliance are online. I run out of room constantly and have to discard those I haven't talked to in a while.

Just as an aside -- when we were in ToA, one of the requirements for being an officer was helping others out. I realize people are often doing their own thing, etc. However, there are officers that don't help people much, or when asked for help (can you talk to this person and maybe invite them), they give excuses why they can't help, send you to others, etc. This is not the proper behavior for an officer. I think all guild leaders need to stress to their officers the importance of helping others with quests/missions, or requests for invites from guild members, etc. There's more to being an officer than status. It's a commitment to do certain t hings in my opinion.

I was recently turned down by two officers (who shall remain nameless) when I asked them to talk to a potential recruit I was speaking with in Kamadan. We met during a trade and got talking. She was looking for a guild with older people in it as she was in a guild with 10 and 12 year olds mostly and she was my age (eh hem, in her forties!)

I got "Is so-and-so on?" "Talk to so-and-so". "Can I talk to her tomorrow?"

I ended up passing her to a guild leader in another guild and she did end up joining their guild, but that shouldn't have happened. There were two officers on and neither, in my opinion, reponded the way they should have. (i.e." What's her name? Let me pm her right now."

Even when in a mission, if not a time sensitive one, you can ask people to pause if you need to help with something like that. I think others will understand. So some of this is attitude.

When I ask what people are working on, its for a reason. If I'm looking for something to do, and if that person needs something I know how to do, I will offer to join. And I'm not an officer. But that's the spirit I think all officers should have.
donnilee
donnilee
Level 80

Female
Number of posts : 814
City : Waterbury, CT
Hobbies : Writing fanfiction for XF, Gaming
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenge of Divinity Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:03 am

I stand behind you 1000% donnilee, the main reason i have not "completed" this game is because i honestly don't like forcing people to do something out of the way, i would rather help a group of people vanq an area i already vanqed because i like the company. I despise H/H and will go out of my way not to do it.

i can honestly say i have never seen an officer push someone to another officer. I will however admit to suggesting they talk to a different officer but its normally cause its something out of my league ie. speed-clears(i send to A C), The Deep(i send to Kiera or BB),Elite Dungeons( i send to Dam if hes on) mainly because i cant do them or haven't had the experience they have in getting it together and having successful runs.
Revenge of Divinity
Revenge of Divinity
Level 23

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 232
City : Tulsa, OK USA
Hobbies : reading,biking,guild wars
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvus Silverfox Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Donnilee is right. THe main reason i disbanded my guild was bad officers (we joke about this so this is not targeting any members of Aol). More officers (not pointing fingers at anyone) should have that intitiative to do. Sry guys i will be back and playing guild wars soon. don't kick kiera! congratz on being new temporary leader of Aol.
Silvus Silverfox
Silvus Silverfox
Level 37

Male
Guild : BOOM
Number of posts : 378
Hobbies : Music piano/guiar/bass/singng playing gw! reading!
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:37 am

Holy Crap! How long have I been Gone?! Kiera is head of the Guild and Alliance now!??! O.O *heart attack*

I guess that means I'll have to start bringing Irish Creme with me to spike the coffee. > : D
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male
Number of posts : 629
City : Plantersville, TX
Hobbies : Most anything to do with Dinosaurs. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down