Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Note to Neo regarding GW 1 and GW 2

3 posters

Go down

Note to Neo regarding GW 1 and GW 2 Empty Note to Neo regarding GW 1 and GW 2

Post by Kiera Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi Neo,
Aura you are welcome to comment on this also here, I didn't want to post in Leader board as admins should watch/monitor but not interject there LOL you know my feeling on that, Neo Very Happy

Regarding GW 2 and the Alliance, whoever holds AoL here in 1 should be AoL's GL in 2 until it becomes a point where 1 and 2 will operate as two separate entities with separate officers/leaders in both. For our lineage (spelling) AoL has been around since 2006 and it should be brought roaring into the official release of 2 by someone who's put the time and effort INTO the guild whether in the beginning or present day and has a vested interest.

Most of the Guilds in Alliance have full plans to create their Guilds there, the only ones I have not heard of are RoS simply because Poobaaaaa isn't online, same with MC. We will be sharing info, voicechat for the time being, etc but until the time comes that there can be actual alliances where you tie multiple-guilds in, my strong feeling is AoL can and should be its own functioning Guild with the current Alliance as our buddies, and it should be held at least in the beginning by the GL here in 1 to help with the transition over. PLUS the time will come where a decision needs to be made regarding the separation between 1 and 2 which means 2 separate officer boards, 2 separate leader boards, and coordination between the two and who better than the GL of both 1 and 2 to make it happen?

I would suggest as these are only my thoughts, that the Leaders come up with a plan on how best to provide the ally-feeling and sharing we've got here in 1 within 2. I do NOT encourage nor suggest that anyone outside of the existing AoL Leader/Officer head up our guild as that's just the territorial beast in me saying we know our people, who's converting over and who's staying behind and we can balance what's best for both groups in the beginning. The rest of the Guilds are doing the same.

Regarding activity in 1, I gently suggest that you meet with your current officers to come up with a plan and structure of what you want us to do. Are we seeking people? Staying as is? Give us what YOU expect so we know what to do because each GL has different expectations.

- Kiera

Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Note to Neo regarding GW 1 and GW 2 Empty Re: Note to Neo regarding GW 1 and GW 2

Post by neoteo Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:49 am

i agree with what you say here.

i want to meet with all leaders and officer to come up with goals.

as for the gw2 leader , also want to see what other leaders think about it .. i agree with your opinion , but im not sure if everyone as the same opinion.

my goal is that everyone in the alliance is happy to be in the alliance and is having fun.

im still in the early stage of stteping into the leader seat.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Note to Neo regarding GW 1 and GW 2 Empty Re: Note to Neo regarding GW 1 and GW 2

Post by Kiera Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:56 am

Adara Erela <-- looking for ally
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/lagg-looking-for-kurzick-alliance-t10511435.html

Neo you got this. We will support you here in AoL so don't hesitate do to what YOU feel is best right now. Remember always that GW 1 and GW 2 need to be viewed as 2 separate entities however.... works in I will most likely NOT be practical in II.

GW 2 is a whole new game and don't keep the mindset of 1 with being the ally-leader. Your sole responsibility in 2 is deciding what you want AoL to be and how to get it. That means whether WvW for stuff or within the PvE or both. Please keep in mind that Liar will be its own separate entity (and we use their mumble), RLR and HEH will also be having their own unique guilds. BOOM plans too to be in GW 2, so dont feel you need to bow AoL to anyone. lets see what we can do, no>?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Well, Bruno was selected by Lucci (suggested by me) to do the GW2 testing with Lucci/Liars. If he has a lot of insight into GW2, and has the time knowledge and ability, I might suggest that he be one of the candidates for GL in GW2 if not yourself Neo. As far as being GL in both?? It may be too much for one person...IMHO. Trying to encompass all that is happening in GW2 and still pay attention to those looking for help in GW1... That might be too much...with RL/school/work/family. Unless your a single person with too much time on your hands, it could become overwhelming.

As far as activity level in GW1... it's been torturous!! Trying to get the Leaders and officers to take interest was hard enough nevermind getting the members interested!!! The problem is there are not many who are using the forum to check event!! (how DS can say there are no events/activities and didn't even show for any alliance weekend events OR meetings. I held 3 meetings for the ally leaders, and only a few attended. I think getting the leaders and officer up and running again is the number one goal... then work on the members.

Adding new members to a alliance that isn't altogether active won't help in my opinion. I think getting those we have active and on mumble/forum is key to making us an active and inticing alliance again.

ok... enough said. Aura
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Knowledge of something doesn't replace the ability of being able to lead, spark peoples interest, get them fired up, make things happen. I adore Bruno don't get me wrong, but I just don't see him leading AoL in 2 as he doesn't have that kind of personality. He is very solid, reliable, and would be a good person for one of the higher-authority Officer spots they've been talking about on wiki, but I feel that as the GL it would not be a good fit for him or the Guild.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Aura - the solution that i found long time ago for the inactivity issue was to be always recruiting , new people bring a reason for the old people to log in and play.

people may see this as " ohh it will be too many people " or " we have a small group that dont want to deal with trolls " ... but in a mmo , thats not the way to make a cominuty imo, because people have real life issues and for many reasons they stop caring , stop coming as offen, and have long breaks ...

leader , officer and member positions are not that really important in this game, all are players and to reach the main goal anyone can do it.

if you see the real diference from leader to officer to member.

officer - can invite and kick members - promote to officer

leader - can invite and kick members - promote to officer

member - have fun

in the case of alliance leader - can invite and kick guilds to the alliance.

all this actions that leaders and officers can do normaly are not made only by the person that does it , so its meaningless.

so - the way to get back energie and interest from everyone is to recruit , recruit , recruit ... or the guild will despear in time.

i would not mind at all that the only thing that officers do , is recruiting. i know its not the case but i defenatly will want some recruiting going on.

i notice now is very hard to recruit , most of the people in gw1 are veterans , gods walking above mortals, they have their own guilds and alliances.

all we have for fresh meet is noobs , but not many noobs because gw2 is coming , everyone is waiting for gw2.

so my first move is going to be , find people that are willing to spend time recruiting and promote them to officers.

they will have to come up with results to keep that position.

this means 2 types of officers , those that recruit and those that organize groups and activities.

another thing i want to say: for me the alliance is one big guild , so i put all leaders and officers of the alliance in the same bag and call all of them officers.

this is why i wanted to have a alliance officers forum, but now might be too late.

anyways , gw1 comunity is passing a hard time with the arrival of gw2 , there is nothing we can do , we dont need to panic , let it be.

i will do everything to keep AoL alive in gw1 and to build a strong AoL in gw2.

bla bla bla bla ... all this energie typing because i just woke up , its 9:07 am

going to make a coffe

one more thing

i dont mind at all that you type in the leaders forum.

and would really love that all the officers in the alliance could see that forum !
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down