Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rotational weekend guild/ally events

+2
Lucci_Slevin
Akroma
6 posters

Go down

Rotational weekend guild/ally events Empty Rotational weekend guild/ally events

Post by Akroma Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:59 pm

In the past we have discussed the idea of getting each of the guilds involved more in the alliance. The idea is to rotate the responsibility down the alliance roster each weekend for an event of some kind. For example, the first weekend AoL would host an all day Urgozfest. Come one, come all, experienced or brand new and we'll try to rally a party for it. The next weekend, the next guild on the roster can choose whatever the majority of their guild would like to do. They may pick AB or whatever. Now keep in mind, not all people are good or experienced/setup to do all things.

It is a way to branch out to one another, teach, meet n' greet. It is also a great way for each guild to let their star members shine. Bring them out of the shadows and into the spotlight. I wont go too much further into detail. I know that this coming weekend is bad for AoL to kick start it because we have a guild event already going, so I believe that it is best to start it all on the weekend of the 25th. I figure we'll post up in the activities section what guild is next and what they're doing. Or maybe on some sort of calendar ordeal. You figure that it also gives ample time to get people setup throughout the week and ready to roll come Saturday and Sunday. You may also want to post what sorts of things people should invest into their account to bring so that they are not unprepared. Lets face it, certain builds work best in certain areas. It never hurts to have somebody try out something new and learn more about how GW works by having them learn about new builds and team setups. Specific times may be posted, but hopefully it'll be an all day thing with different guildies.

Keep in mind that the GW announced events or bonuses may trump whatever it is that we have going on. We may want to be flexible enough to do both or let the current GW event for that weekend take priority since it isnt always around for us to take advantage of. (example. talk like a pirate weekend or halloween)

Last edited by Kiera on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : pinned)
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Rotational weekend guild/ally events Empty Re: Rotational weekend guild/ally events

Post by Lucci_Slevin Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:41 am

Sounds like a good plan.

Liar has been doing planned events for years now. Allies and friends are always welcome and sign-ups are first come first serve. We post these on our own forums but it would be good to have an occasional sign-up posted on these forums for the sake of getting more allies exposed to them.

I will relay this to our guildies from our own forums to encourage more of them to get registered here.

Lucci_Slevin
Level 60

Male
Guild : Liars Cheats and Thieves
Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Rotational weekend guild/ally events Empty Re: Rotational weekend guild/ally events

Post by Hennu Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:25 am

Yes! Lets get this going, its fantastic.

Comments & some suggestions if I may:

- Sounds good: Kick off starts on 25th-26th by AoL and from that weekend, and by each week from that first event, we follow calendar where guilds in alliance-roster-order hold weekend event. If some weekend is not suitable for a certain guild, they can negotiate with other guilds that which would be able to switch. This also brings us to communicate more Smile.

- I believe wednesdays is when the Arenanet's ingame weekend event is announced so latest on wednesday after the weekend event is known, the guild posts their weekend plans. Smile

- Notify other leaders of the guilds plans so they can advertise and bring more players to the events. I'd love to use group private message here in forum because it can be set that it gives a email notification.

- Some guilds might be smaller or than others, so we should also be ready support each other on our event-weekends, if the guild wishes so.

- Once this has gone trough once, we have perfect form of planned events & alliance fun troughout the months Very Happy. Awesome!
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female
Guild : Happy Enchanted Heroes
Number of posts : 441
City : Finland
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Ets Stuff :D
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Carseus Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Really like the idea and I presume we would like the events to differ week on week, this may be a challenge for some if their main bag is FoW for example and the previous Guild hosts it the week before them but then it does allow us all to get creative with what we fancy doing where we can try and maximise take up.

Looking forward to IE's turn, we shall leave our choice up to the holy pig so who knows what you'll get!!
Carseus
Carseus
Level 11

Male
Guild : IE
Number of posts : 110
City : London
Hobbies : Getting killed by my guildies!!
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Yay! The party weekends start! Very Happy

So our first schedule, with 9 guilds alliance atm, would look like this(?):

25th-26th of September - Army Of Lightness [AoL]
2nd-3rd of October - Happy Enchanted Heroes [HEH]
9th-10th of October - Illuminati Elite [iE]
16th-17th of October - Liars Cheats And Thieves [Liar]
23th-24th of October - Lions Arch Guard [LAG]
30th-31st of October - Rage Aganist The Demons [RAiD](+official Halloween Event?)
6th-7th of November - Republic Of Shadows [RoS]
13rd-14th of November - The Lords Of Dragon Hearth [RLR]
20th-21st of November - The Wardlords Of Destruction [BOOM]
27th-28th of November - [AoL]
4th-5th of December - etc

Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:18 am

Hiyas! since this is the last weekend of Halloween Festivities, RAiD is going to postpone also. Let's shuffle then everyone back two spots please and pick up on the 6th-7th November with LAG if that's ok with all? I've had a lot of whisps since Akroma took his temp leave asking if this would continue because people really like the idea of mixing it up with Allies Smile

6th-7th of November - Lions Arch Guard [LAG]
13rd-14th of November - Rage Aganist The Demons [RAiD]
20th-21st of November - Republic of Shadows [RoS]
27th-28th of November - The Lords of Dragon Heart [RLR]
4th-5th of December - The Warlords of Destruction [BOOM]
11-12th of December - Rise up from the ashes [Phnx]
Cycle begins here from the top down in Alliance Tab.

Last edited by Kiera on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi!! (Sorry was away from internetS this week Very Happy )

Yeaah lets get the events weekends rolling again Smile Understandable the breaks between cause Halloween fuss in the middle so NP! Lets enjoy the Halloween now and if its okay for [LAG] then 6th and 7th is next ally event!

Wooooooooohoo!
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Added Phnx into rotation before AoL starts cycle again as Silence and Despair wants to get in on action for his and Neith's guild.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:40 am

Sounds good!! looking forward to seeing what they have planned. Smile
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Yays!!! Lets keeeeep the events rolling! Awesome Very Happy. Welcome to the events roll [Phnx]!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh....If I checked calendar correctly, HEH's turn would be the Xmas weekend, on 25th-26th Very Happy.. Atm, I cant yet know how its gonna be..+ its the long wintersday event then Very Happy .. 24th I gather at family, but, 26th HEH could organize something..(cuz I'm usually spending those 25th-26th day chilling at home eating xmas-foooods..Yum!). So won't necessarily have to postpone the HEH turn from that weekend, and keep it then 26th, during wintersday, if its fine with everyone Very Happy..Unless those are sacred days for most. Surprised

We'll see!

Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Phnx is going through a bit of change so they've postponed their weekend events for 11th-12th and will simply fit in during the normal rotation thru it all.

AoL's going to continue with ours for the 18th-19th as we're still scheduling out who's doing what where and when, which means this coming weekend is a free for all with pickup groups doing whatever fits their fancy!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Just a reminder Kiera I believe wintersday events start the 17th . Not sure what kind of effect it will have ,but I will be happy to join in on the fun you all have planned. Smile
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:45 am

*slides coffee to Hennu* HEH up for hosting on 26th to help everyone recover from the Holiday feasting on the 25th?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hennu Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Heys Very Happy Yayyy Coffee Powah!!!

Yeah, HEH has planned to hold the event on 25th and 26th, Mostly on 26th tho! So yes! Its our pleasure to hold it then! I try not over-eat xmas food on 24th, so I can drag myself to computer after family meeting xDDDDDD!!!!
Hennu
Hennu
Level 44

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:28 am

• Army Of Lightness 12/18 - 12/19 (CLOSED)
• Happy Enchanted Heroes 12/25-12/26 (CLOSED)
• Illuminati Elite 1/1 - 1/2
• Liars Cheats And Thieves 1/8 - 1/9
• Lions Arch Guard 1/15 - 1/16
• Rage Aganist The Demons 1/22 - 1/23
• Republic Of Shadows 1/29 - 1/30
• Rise Up From The Ashes 2/5 - 2/6
• The Lords Of Dragon Heart 2/12 - 2/13
• The Warlords Of Destruction 2/19 - 2/20
Cycle Repeats.

Last edited by Kiera on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Carseus Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:50 am

Oh darn!! Our weekend again, hmmmm, better get the scooby gang together to decide what we are gonna do, sorry too much food at Xmas has made me take my eye off the ball Embarassed
Carseus
Carseus
Level 11

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Carseus Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:10 pm

bad news for this weekend is that neither I nor amy of my officers are actually going to be online due to pesky things like families, fun and stuff and without us driving things IE won't actually get anything sensible organised. I therefore request that we skip this weekend and take it all back up from next weekend. i know it kinda sucks but we'd rather do a good job than try and get some members to cobble an event together.

Forgive me and my gang for being rubbish this week, promise to get it sorted for next weekend and happy new year to all.
Carseus
Carseus
Level 11

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:46 am

*UPDATED to reflect change Very Happy
• Illuminati Elite 1/8 - 1/9 completed
• Liars Cheats And Thieves 1/15 - 1/16
• Lions Arch Guard 1/22 - 1/23
• Rage Aganist The Demons 1/29 - 1/30
• Republic Of Shadows 2/5 - 2/6
• Rise Up From The Ashes 2/12 - 2/13
• The Lords Of Dragon Heart 2/19 - 2/20
• The Warlords Of Destruction 2/26 - 2/27
Cycle Repeats beginning with AoL.

Last edited by Kiera on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Carseus Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:25 pm

details of our challenge weekend are now posted in activities section
Carseus
Carseus
Level 11

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down