Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My thoughts on AoL

5 posters

Go down

My thoughts on AoL Empty My thoughts on AoL

Post by Vogo Agogo Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:51 am

I sence there is the feeling in the guild that I dont partisipate with all that is going on, this has been on my mind for some time. I DO help ppl with the game and I have done that since I became the leader, so what have I wanted AoL to be?

Summed up, a friendly place to come on line and play the game. I rarely direct my officers to do something, or "order' them, because they want to play the game lke everyone else and as someone who has played for years I know that some times officers can feel like they have too much work in helping ppl.

Over the years Ive had officers who have wanted to do certain things with the guild, ive never stood in their way. As a officer you can direct the way the guild goes, it comes with the rank.

So im going to keep working hard "under the radar" to make AoL a large guild where we can try out our ideas.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male
Number of posts : 179
City : London Canada
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on AoL Empty Re: My thoughts on AoL

Post by Akroma Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:50 pm

I think this post hits closest to home in terms of a comment i had made in previous months. I am not sure if other people have said similar things. I agree that the game is for fun, no matter what. There have been major on-going changes within our alliances. Vogo i think you do a superb job running and maintaining the guild, I personally felt that perhaps it consumed 100% of your time. How could i ever possibly know for sure - I just wanted to lighten the load on your shoulders and make the game enjoyable for you as well. You didnt even sign on during the leader/officer weekend off duty.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:00 pm

I think a lot of what you do under the radar goes un-noticed by many ( ahem.. Mighty not to mention names.) But, I know that if it weren't for you this guild would have a very hard time staying togeter. You are the backbone of this guild. You do at least 90% of the recruiting and you help out all of your new recruits. You've pulled an alliance together and do most of the monitoring of the alliance yourself.

I agree that the primary purpose of the AoL guild and alliance is to have a friendly place to play the game and exchange ideas. It would be nice to be able to take over an outpost in Factions one day, but that would involve either motivating a lot of people or putting alot of pressure on members and the other guilds. I don't see AoL as a high pressure guild. And I don't think we should become one.

As far as GvG goes. I don't think we have enough members with enough experience for that. And For me, at this point in the game, I don't have much interest in GvG personally. Maybe it would be a good idea to find a member with GvG experience and enough personal motivation to pull a group together and make them an officer. I know she hasn't been with the guild long, and I'm not sure of her experience level, but Eveyln Tana comes to mind because she is always asking about GvG.

Anyway... I've rambled about my two cents long enough.. bottom line don't feel bad about you level of extra carricular activities. You do pleanty for this guild. Leave that up to the other officers and maybe if we want to encourage some other activities appoint some officers interested in promoting those activities.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:31 pm

GvG has been brought up several times in the past, and has even been organized far enough to the point where a few ppl have been left in charge of it. It is not just as simple as saying, " ok lets gvg now." Methodical steps must be taken first in order for us to even get on our way for gvg. First ppl have to realize what is good and what sucks for builds, its a shame to say it - but not everybody has what it takes as of yet. Small guild scrims, tourny and practice is the first course of action we'll have to take to becoming and organized gvg guild.

I've always wanted to push to control a town in cantha. I feel that we do in fact posess the talent to do so. I've had many ppl ask me about hfff, and i've taught approx 8 or so to date. Without the help from each and every alliance guild strongly participating in the hunt for daily faction, we will not suceed in dominating a town. 10% daily faction can get tricky and time consuming, I have also advised Vogo that it will be a fine line of us not becoming a demanding guild when it comes to donating. He is fully aware of it. The bottom line yet again is time and dedication - the same as gvg. I AM ALWAYS HFFF WHILE I'M ON, and stop only to go help guildies or alliance in need. My time into hfff is just enough to keep us afloat. I know i am not the only one who donates, but we'll still need atleast 30+ ppl to start growing strong. ( I'm sorry for when i get long winded lol) Neutral
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:34 pm

well of course yaw prolly figured i was the one to bring this up

iam not gonna come off as ignorant or pigheaded and say vogo does do anything
i realize how important vogo is to the guild
and i realize at the same moment that this is HIS guild

all i simply asked our fair vogo if he'd b willing to engauge our members more often, not by helping he has enough on his hands

i think itd b nice to see vogo's presense in guild chat more often i just think his influence as a leader as yet to b discovered
i may have mentioned i dont see vogo do anything
iam not claiming he actually does nothing but that
anything he does do iam simply not aware of (i mean if we get a new guild in the alliance it doesnt have vogo labeled on it after all)
all i have to go with is the guild chat so sorry if i seem a little out of line with my claims

i just want the big guy to have fun. thats why i try and push him to get more involved with the guild's social life

i know he has more that enough to do in its political life Smile

haha if u read all this i thank u for reading and understand Very Happy
-mighty

Mighty
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Vogo Agogo Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:05 am

As the leader what I dont say is just as important as what I do say. If for example the president of the U.S was asked what he plans to do about high gas prices and he replied that he was going to sell off the stratigic oil reserves every phone on the planet would start ringing.

Im not equating myself to the president lol, but im aware that what I say in guld chat becomes AoL policy just because it was I who said it. I do joke with members form time to time, but I have to be a sort of figure head for the gulid, It has worked, ppl that have left have come back.

AoL has been around or well over a year and we have great group of officers and members, so I will keep doing what I do untill GW 2 comes out, and then we could change the dynamic of the guild.

Vogo Agogo
Level 17

Male
Number of posts : 179
City : London Canada

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Thu May 01, 2008 11:08 am

about gvg

if we have 16 participents on the 1 on 1 festival , we could do a 8 on 8 screamge at the end just for the fun of it . we might get people wanting to chalange other guilds.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content