Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch my step... down

4 posters

Go down

Watch my step... down Empty Watch my step... down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:53 am

Hi all,

Last October, I was admitted back on the guild's officer roster, and after 5 months in that position I came to the conclusion that I might not be the best fit for that position... I'll spare you all the details but there are many reasons that are kind of keeping me away from the game... It's funny how you need to spend less time doing one thing if you need to spend more time doing something else, huh?

So anyway... I could play "spot hugger" and throw at you all many excuses to explain it's not my fault if I spend so much time RL and so on, so forth... But I respect you all and would be ashamed to do such a thing, and as I always say, "A loser finds an excuse, a winner finds a way"

I think you all know me a bit now and most of you must know that I'm mature enough to realize I'm not really doing my share of officer work... I thought I'd be able to, but when looking back at the past 5 months I realize I was just postponing the inevitable and just fooling myself.

There are a lot of much smarter and more talented players than me in the guild who would like to have a shot at officership and who would probably do great things, so it just wouldn't be fair to them nor to AoL as a guild if I played selfish and kept going as an officer.

So that's the way I've found best for AoL to go forward (and me along with it) and just want to let you know that I've stepped down as an officer earlier today (or must have been late last night for most of you Smile ). It honestly saddens me a bit to do that and I felt a bit tight in the chest after my conversation w/ Kiera, but knowing it is for the greater good of the guild I have no problem doing it... It's almost a no-brainer.

I hope you all understand my decision... I've had lots of fun being an officer alongside of you all, but officership should not be a one-way thing where only the officer has fun, the officer should also make the game fun for others and I just feel I'm not giving back so...

Anyway, I wasn't planning on writing that much when I started the post... Very Happy Just know that I thank you all and will still be here to support the guild, just get used to checking the "members" section to see my name from now on... Smile
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Watch my step... down Empty Re: Watch my step... down

Post by Amberlyn Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Happens to Everyone Yuri and I think People who are Set in as an Officer and not Active as they should be Should all step aside and lets bring Someone in that can help AOL Get back to life. And Maybe some of those players who log in and log right back off because no one is talking or responding in GC .. Maybe those people will stay on longer and find new interest. And it is like a Chain Reaction ..... before you know it ... BAM! we're Back! =)

So Your commended Yuri For Knowing what is Expected of you and Admitting you can not Commit to that at this time And letting someone who is able to ... Giving them the Chance. Thats what makes AOL great.

Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Thank you Yuri. It takes a big person to realize when it's time to shift over to Member so that someone new and fresh can take up the challenge to keep AoL going strong and forwards.

You, Scrod, and Amber have all shown you each are that type of person with your actions which is why as with those two, at this point I'd like you to stay here on the Officers board for the time being so that you can help us communicate when the time comes, the exciting changes we're going to embark on ^.^
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by donnilee Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:22 am

No problem. Play when you can. Real life always comes first. Hope to see you around, bud.
donnilee
donnilee
Level 80

Female
Number of posts : 814
City : Waterbury, CT
Hobbies : Writing fanfiction for XF, Gaming
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:28 pm

I'm still trying to be on regularly so I'll probably bump into some of you from time to time Smile
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content