Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting 7-Jan 6pm est

4 posters

Go down

Meeting 7-Jan 6pm est Empty Meeting 7-Jan 6pm est

Post by Kiera Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Hiyas!
So we're in 2012 which means fresh start, firing things back up in the Guild now that the Holidays have come & gone, and enjoying the remaining months left until GW2 launches.

I'd like to have an Officer meeting this weekend BEFORE Sunday's weekly so that an outline of what AoL will be focusing on, doing, hosting, etc can be presented. This means I am looking at the following from all of us, myself included.

1. What do you/me want to focus on for the remaining months. We're all going to have different areas that WE find interesting, but think about what is going to keep YOUR spark/interest going so that logging in, actually staying online for longer than 10min, and being involved isn't painful.

2. New Officers. Who stands out? Who's someone that has that spark to keep things moving forward thru the twilight? I've received several whispers that I should consider Sandy. Is there anyone in your mind other than Sandy?

3. Activities. Ties in with the first item, what do you/me want for adventures in GW and how many guildies can we drag along with us for it? Do we need more campaign pushes? Title farming?

Anyway these are the basic ideas I've been bouncing around and lets plan for 6pm EST saturday 7-Jan on vent.

Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Meeting 7-Jan 6pm est Empty Re: Meeting 7-Jan 6pm est

Post by daylecampbell Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:22 pm

sandy is good but do they have vent and do they speak on vent? I personally would like all the officers to be able to talk on vent and not just listen.
daylecampbell
daylecampbell
Level 55

Male
Number of posts : 564
City : Plymouth UK
Hobbies : Photography, Skating ,Wishing for red dots
Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Sandy uses vent and speaks as well when it wont be a disturbance at his place (keep in mind time differences), I'm sure you've seen him on it as [AoL]Sid or something similar.

Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:04 pm

I like Sandy/Sid... he seems very friendly and outgoing. Have you ever thought about putting it out there? Asking people who they would like to see (other than officers)? Stating what would be expected of them.. and see who is willing? Kind of like a job posting and they would show their intent?
I think we need to look at what ppl want to work on and set up "the friday adventure" or Saturday based on these wants... problem being not all are on the forum, so we need to address those facts... if they want to accomplish these activities...they need to be on the forum/vent, speak up and we (as officers) will post the event/activity on a specific date. Hopefully we will get new members to attend these events and not have them be the same ole members everytime... it tends to get clique...
We as officers, I think, should back off if another member wants to do it/learn it so it's not the same ppl going all the time. We should also be willing to put off what we want on these days and encourage other guildies to do what they want/need. Even if it's just a basic quest for a level 10. I tried to reach out to some of the non-speaking guildies and noticed they have no idea what they are doing..how GW works (such as chat) and are basically serious noobs!!! These are the ppl we need to encourage to join groups or at least help them to level so they can join our groups. Most of our adventures are for level 20's. (just a thought) Maybe have a day of leveling specifically for those who need help levelling or questions!!
Another thing is that we don't join groups just because certain ppl have joined the group and not join others because certain ppl aren't doing it. This seems to be an issue that I have wanted to bring up. I'm not the only one whose noticed this... If so and so isn't doing the event, that doesn't mean you can't too... I'm not naming any names of who is doing/saying what... but it's something to think about.
And if there are guidelines to be followed...all should follow them... not just a few and if not followed...be spoken with and dealt with. If it's a personal issue, then at least state so... so as not to send a bad message out to others, which builds resentment. I hope I'm making myself clear and not over stepping my boundries... if so, I apologize.
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:05 pm

First off, what boundaries are you apologizing for overstepping? You're an Officer which means I expect opinions, ideas, suggestions, and even criticism from you. There's no ass kissing in this Guild, we all have our own thoughts which is why we're in the spots we're in. The only rule is if we (meaning all of us above member) have a disagreement, we keep it out of guild chat, ally chat, and the rumour mill. It's discussed, resolutions reached, and move on. A weak Guild that can't even communicate openly between Officers/Leaders is a dead Guild.

Secondly regarding additional Officer-spots, I have asked during Guild Meetings if anyone has an interest in becoming one and for those who've replied OTHER than those who feel they should be one because they've been here xxxx amount of time OR are online when the majority are in bed, I've told them the expectation is to be active, form up parties to go do things, have an active forum account, use vent, recruit when we dip, and be social. The two serious replies I got did not want the responsibilities as they wanted the title but none of the "work" that goes with it.

Thirdly- none of us are above the posted guidelines. We ALL have the responsibility if we see, hear, view something inappropriate to handle it. We are not to be rude about it but politely and very courteously ask it be stopped, removed, etc. Regardless of WHO it is, myself included.

Fourthly- If any of us have a conflict with someone else, I expect it to be dealt with. We're all wearing our big girl and boy pants. If there is a conflict you see, find out what's going on and help along with resolving the problem.

Fifth - Maybe now is a good time to reapply the nightly hosting for each of us. Your point that not everyone is in the elite areas is valid, but in order to have a balance between our own interests and those in the Guild that may not be at such a point- if each of us has a night to do what WE are interested in, others can use their less utilized toons that are in various areas to scoop up more Guildies to go through, increasing not only our own abilities to roll various professions but also party with a wider variety of people.

Sixth- We need to expect our members to take ownership of their GW experiences and not babystep them along. By that I mean every single Sunday we tout the forum and vent. When people join both are pointed out to them. It's in the Guild status tab. If they will not take the time to sign-up at a bare minimum the forum which is easily accessible via internet browser, cell phone, etc then I'm sorry but THEY are missing out on not only Guild specific events but also Alliance. I've come to realize over the years here in AoL that those who DO have Forum access even from the newest player to GW, tend to get more out of being in our Guild. I've also come to realize that if someone is that darn lazy to be bothered, then I can't feel bad over having to explain they can't go on a scheduled event because they didn't sign up. Our role is to help, have fun, and guide people to information and new experiences. In-game people don't even use /wiki to open in browser the GW Wiki.... THAT is very sad because everything you need to know about missions, areas, maps, skills, etc are posted there.

I'm looking forward to the discussion on vent, I feel we will cover a lot of ground, resolve concerns, and hopefully progress forward.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pendragon Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:57 pm

I will try my darndest to be there, but as I have stated before my family has to come first.

I can say, I am not an elite area master, hell I'm not a master of any dungeon / mission etc. in this game. I try to help whenever I am online. I was hired to be a social butterfly while in game, and to be a cool head in heated situations.
pendragon
pendragon
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 520
City : Sevierville, TN
Hobbies : Gaming, gardening
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:48 pm

Meeting notes: aura, myth and I
1. I will be speaking with Sandy, Ratche, and Wade immediately regarding officership. Others I'll address at a later date are Modesty, Kava (snowball queen), and Clem aka Kiwi
2. We will be having a weekly guild-contest on forum in the AoL-only section of forum to drive up use of the forum for our members. It will not be on scheduled days and will be a reward for those who DO log in.
3. We will resume friday thru sunday as Guild-focused events.
4. We are going to also incorporate events Monday - Thursday, whether campaign pushes, find out in the guild whos doing what where and go with them, etc etc.
5. If anyone sees something objectionable in either Guild OR Ally-chat they will take responsibility and speak up to handle it rather than wait for me to log in and deal with it because that is unfair to everyone else having to view it/put up with it.
6. We are also going to be sure that for any NEW players to the Guild we make certain they have both forum and vent details. If they choose not to utilize, that's their loss.
7. Anyone who does not respond to whispers by two or more Officers are subject to kick, sorry brutal but if they're not here to be involved WITH the guild and can't even talk to officers asking hey hows it going or what are you up to, they're taking a spot someone else could use.
8. We need to hold firm on the 3wk kick, people who can't be bothered to log in and game unless they post otherwise, are taking a slot someone else could use. We are ALL responsible for recruiting and not just one or two people.

If anyone feels they are not comfortable with any of these points, please whisper me and we'll talk.

Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content