Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting Minutes (9/27/14)

+3
The Beau Brothers
Bhukk
fictitiousacct
7 posters

Go down

Meeting Minutes (9/27/14) Empty Meeting Minutes (9/27/14)

Post by fictitiousacct Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:34 am

Meeting minutes
fictitiousacct
fictitiousacct
Level 28

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Meeting Minutes (9/27/14) Empty Re: Meeting Minutes (9/27/14)

Post by Bhukk Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:23 am

minute meeting ;o
Bhukk
Bhukk
Level 37

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 371
City : Rata Sum
Hobbies : fractaling
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Audio file for Officer Meeting.  Sorry, I forgot to record the Sunday Morning one.

The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:55 pm

I've also edited the meeting minutes a bit.

I put in short Job Descriptions by everyone's names in attendance. Was not sure about Yuri
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:09 am

The Beau Brothers wrote:Was not sure about Yuri

I did attend the first meeting Smile
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:27 am

I was talking about the job description, I knew you were there, but with my lag I wasn't sure if I got what you want to do. I know you were great with recruiting before.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:35 am

The Beau Brothers wrote:I was talking about the job description, I knew you were there, but with my lag I wasn't sure if I got what you want to do.  I know you were great with recruiting before.

I'm still doing that, just adopted another format of recruiting as we were having somany new members from the recruiting contest... I'm just helping where I can (as usual) being a dungeon, a fractals, giving my bolt of damask cooldown to a guildie who needs crafting, running events in Orr.... I just don't get interested parties all the time.

I was also thinking of deticating some time into targeted mapping.. Like get World Bosses or GM related WPs for new recruits. Just never got around to do it so far. Also thought of joining that PvP team Zero was starting up...

So yeah, hard to say what kind of job type I'm fitting in... I'm like the wild card guy who fills in the last spot of that dungeon run... Don't always need him but you're happy he's around when you do.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Hai.  What am I doing too much of?  I've been inactive for over two weeks, and it looks like a lot of the stuff I did has been taken up by others now.  I'd still like to do policy and procedure stuff though, like the writeups and stuff.  And follow up on issues (e.g. bumping threads when you guys forget to come to a final decision), etc. Also, I will continue to be the one that brings up points of view that make you guys re-think and re-evaluate, because it's always healthy to have a devil's advocate keep us thinking.

Also, for low level promotions, Andrea and I had talked about this when she was in charge of it and we had started to come up with a framework around low level promotions.  We felt that we should maintain a "Do Not Promote" list for those who are problematic, as well as a "Suggestions for Promotion" list for those who we feel should be promoted.  Something that all officers can provide input on because no single officer can be around to see everything that happens in the guild.  That way it's more than one person making those decisions, and we don't run into the problem of one person's choices becoming paramount.

Also, we felt that Squires should be discussed by officers, since they are one level below officer, and they are the people we generally consider "future officer potential".  It doesn't have to be as formal as officer promotions, but it should still come with some sort of consensus, rather than a single person's opinion.

That's all I can remember for now.  I'm sure I took notes and they are around somewhere but I'm just trying to get through all the stuff I missed right now! Very Happy
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:31 pm

I agree with Kitty, especially for Squire promotion. I do most of the promotions from Peasant to Militia. My only requirement is registration on the forum. Militia to Soldier should have some requirement. There is a set of guidelines for rank posted.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:53 pm

I completely agree that promotions from soldier to squire needs to have a discussion, my only concern is filling up topic posts about squires... I am happy to post the names of people I am looking to promote and then if there are any concerns they can then post and let me know...
I would however like to take this duty on alone... I think yes.. absolutely have a thread of "do not promote" and I will mention potential soldiers to squires for a chance of rebuttal.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:07 pm

Here are our original rank requirements as last updated by Bossman.

https://lightness.forumotion.com/t5071-aol-ranks-and-other-important-information
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:48 am

The Beau Brothers wrote:Here are our original rank requirements as last updated by Bossman.

https://lightness.forumotion.com/t5071-aol-ranks-and-other-important-information
I think we need to revist the guidelines for promotions. Also, I've seen some people promoted lately that I don't think were ready for a promotion, just saying.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:00 am

Each person I have promoted lately I spoke it over with Ratche about...
Curious to know who you dont think was ready though?
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:02 pm

I ahve agreed on all promotions, and I think Kara is doing a good job with it. I do agree we NEED a do not promote list. Also up to solider we just need a list of what is expected and then those promotions can be done without a discussion.

For squires I suggest a simple voting topic

If you vote yes, no discussion needed, if no then post a reason. I know that others see things we don't and while I agreed with Kara 100% on all promotions, I think we need to discuss squires, unless we want to change how we look at it. So lets try the voting thread. Also just bring suggestions to Kara, and she will take care the threads to promote.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:49 pm

I have a thought on promotions from Peasant to Militia.

At current, Beau (and sometimes myself, when I happen to catch them first) activate new forum users and subsequently promote them from Peasant to Militia.

I recommend we consider forum registration to be a requirement to begin the promotion track. That is, the only way someone gets promoted to Militia from Peasant is if they register for the forums. And the only way someone gets promoted further than that is if they have been promoted to Militia first by registering.

I understand that this doesn't prevent people from signing up and never coming back to the forums, but it's a starting step. And ultimately we want people to be able to read the forums to get the latest news or participate in contests, etc.

This doesn't prevent existing Militia (without forum registration) from being promoted up the chain, but maybe this could be a good policy going forward.

And, if we REALLY want, we can always undertake the task of requiring people to sign up for the forums to keep their higher-than-peasant rank, but I'd say we don't undertake that task right now. Just do the new policy going forward.

Then Kara can handle Militia to Soldier, and administer the voting threads for Soldier to Squire. And if she feels there is a peasant that should start getting promoted up the chain, she can encourage them to sign up for the forums, or ask one of us to help her encourage them to sign up.

Thoughts?
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Also, how about a Good Cop, Bad Cop thing? Kara can do those promotions, but in order to take some of the work off her plate (because she has been taking on so much lately), I can be the Bad Cop, by maintaining the do not promote list (we can use the existing thread rather than make a new one). I already keep an eye on misbehavers (yes I know it's not a word) anyways, like abuse of guild bank, inappropriate behaviour, etc. This can fall under the bad cop role too, to lighten Kara's heavy load.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:38 pm

I have not monitored promotions, so I cannot say for sure, but the only people that I know of promoted to Militia that are not on the forum have signed up either on Facebook or Teamspeak. For a while, I allowed for any one of the three.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down