Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our alliance shifting to Guild Wars 2

+10
seamonster
ADS
Amer
SirJames
Lucci_Slevin
Zero
James
Elbryan Strongheart
neoteo
Finnguala
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Our alliance shifting to Guild Wars 2 Empty Our alliance shifting to Guild Wars 2

Post by Finnguala Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:51 am

So in Guild Wars 2, as of now, there are no alliances confirmed, and just all guilds.

What will we be going for in moving over then? Shall we make one big guild of AoL, since they will make the cap higher if they don't implement alliances:
"How many members can join a guild?

Higher limit than in the previous Guild Wars, up to no limit"

How do you guys think we will transfer over? I really wish they put in alliances, if they do then we can just talk about how dandy that will be, but if they don't: how are we going to get about getting in Gw2?

(I juvv many peoples from our alliance, so I might multi-guild into AoL, Liar (of course), etc. etc. sorry I can't recall ALL of them off the top of my head because I've been off for a bit :O, nonetheless who I know is in which guild Very Happy
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Our alliance shifting to Guild Wars 2 Empty Re: Our alliance shifting to Guild Wars 2

Post by neoteo Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:44 am

im thinking we make a guild called army of lightness and everyone from the allience will join it , being all officers and leaders become officers ... but we still need to see how guilds are going to be organized.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Our alliance shifting to Guild Wars 2 Empty Re: Our alliance shifting to Guild Wars 2

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:20 pm

from what i've heard you will be able to join multiple guilds and when you log on you choose which guild you want to represent at the time. So as I will be bringing RLR into gw2 ,I will also be looking forward to joining the other guilds in our alliance (*If they'll all have me of course*). Smile
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:30 am

that sounds interesting Smile
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by James Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:56 pm

I just see that will cause some drama. One of the main causes of E-drama is guild hopping. I just hope it wouldn't be as it once was.
James
James
Level 15

Male
Number of posts : 153
City : Somewhere, United States
Hobbies : Casting Meteor Showers
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:11 pm

i have a better idea.... i make a guild called "Followers of the mighty zero" and everyone joins and gives me their souls.... then....i will take over out gw2 world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so who's with me..?
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:31 am

^ Me.

But only if I can be your deputy and retain 50% of my soul. Very Happy

^ooh good idea, I kind of hope they have co-leader/deputy places :O
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:59 am

fine... ill take half your soul then and once i take over our world ull have your soul back while my minions iwll get half of it back
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Okay so it doesn't look like Alliances will be in Guild Wars 2...
They might eventually

But I hope something gets happening so I can join in Liar and AoL for Guild Wars 2 !!!

The guild roster looks a lot better (to make your own ranks, and finding people) so I think it will be great either way.

Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucci_Slevin Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:56 pm

We could at least get all the guilds on the same server.

Lucci_Slevin
Level 60

Male
Guild : Liars Cheats and Thieves
Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJames Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:30 am

Elbryan Strongheart wrote:from what i've heard you will be able to join multiple guilds and when you log on you choose which guild you want to represent at the time. So as I will be bringing RLR into gw2 ,I will also be looking forward to joining the other guilds in our alliance (*If they'll all have me of course*). Smile

I hope that's how it works. Then allies could be members of their own guild as well as the alliance guild.

For example: The alliance guild would be the guild all allies joined. That guild could be called "Alliance of Lightness." Then, GW1 members of Army of Lightness would join the GW2 "Army of Lightness" guild as well.
SirJames
SirJames
Level 11

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 119
Hobbies : Video games & Snowboarding
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:41 am

ooo, I wanna be in some other guilds from our ally maybe too then, if we do that Very Happy. Friends are fun Smile
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Elbryan Strongheart Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:34 am

We at RLR will be Happy to have anyone who wants to join us as well as join anyone who wants me/us.So stoked Smile
Elbryan Strongheart
Elbryan Strongheart
Level 38

Male
Guild : The Lords Of Dragon Heart [RLR]
Number of posts : 389
City : Utica, New York
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:16 am

I will be in AoL as I have been loyal to them for ever! (Kiera already owns my soul!) But I say when the time comes we organize an alliance roster so we can add everyone to our friends list if there are in different guilds. It would be cool if we could tag people into groups so I could tag them by their guild.
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 537
Hobbies : GW, Music, LOST, Killer Bunnies, My Family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ADS Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:25 am

i would really love it if i could be in AoL as well as MC. My parents made a rule where i cant play guild wars (and im guessing gw2 as well) unless im in MC because MC has real life friends in it. And well, i dont wanna lose all the awesome people i've met in this alliance!
*glares at zero* NO SOULS FOR U!!!
ADS
ADS
Level 10

Female
Guild : Mystical Chaos [MC]
Number of posts : 104
City : Ascalon
Hobbies : Hunting Charr
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 pm

I'll be in a guild with RL friends (1.), real good friend I need to spend more time with (made frends with her on gw1)(2.), old guild that people I know in RL and some I don't but I <3 (3.), and Liar (4.), and AoL(5.), other guilds from the ally if I can manage this many guilds!!!

But I think Liar and AoL will be the more active ones, and I'll flip to the others if they are on Smile

I can't wait.
I just hope I can get invite to our alliance (Liar/AoL/whatever) right when I log in.
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by seamonster Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Dont know how big a guild will be, but hopefully we can get as many of the alliance into one as we can. I havent found any information about alliances yet either.
seamonster
seamonster
Level 21

Male
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucci_Slevin Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:43 pm

seamonster wrote:Dont know how big a guild will be, but hopefully we can get as many of the alliance into one as we can. I havent found any information about alliances yet either.

It is looking like they may not make release.

Lucci_Slevin
Level 60

Male
Guild : Liars Cheats and Thieves
Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:19 pm

It really sucks that they aren't supporting alliances in Guild Wars 2. I get the fact that you can belong to multiple guilds, but you can only represent them one at a time, and you will only see the chat from one at a time. Also, if there is a member cap, which looks like 100 now, we won't have room to grow the guild and have every member of every alliance in every guild. Another negative to having members that don't represent is that they are taking up space and not contributing to the guilds influence. There just won't be room.

I would like to see all of our guilds full of active members again like the good old days, and I will really miss full alliance chat. Having to switch representation or PM people to chat or ask the larger group for help will be annoying. Not happy about this at all.
Evil or Very Mad

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy Plasma Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:39 pm

If it is at all possible, I would recommend one guild to rule them all. With an interview with Colin Johanson(or another member) they are looking at increasing Guild size.

With that said, the reasoning behind one guild is so that we don't split up our members. On top of that we can also ALL contribute to one guilds influence and all that good Stuff.

My Two Cents.

/Rynk

Unholy Plasma
Level 14

Male
Number of posts : 146
City : Friend Zone
Hobbies : Hoarding Items
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Yes, but not a centre of attention guild.

The one guild to rule us all (encompass all alliance members) should not be focused on in regards to influence but rather for social means. Then at times we can shift to our alliance guild if we can organize some sort of event; the main alliance guild will be fueled in influence from those alliance events.

I truly hope that happens early (the guild cap being very high).
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:24 pm

If guilg cap will be no limit we can solve it that way I guess, one giant guild for allianc, events and each guild as it's own guild for their private activities.... And maybe eventually Anet will implement Alliance in the future
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:02 am

My two cents. Each Guild currently in Alliance deserves to have its own unique presence in GW 2 with people who are actively committed to pushing it forward towards whatever awaits, this is our legacy folks for the hours upon hours we've slogged away here in GW 1, taking pride of Guild and Friends housed within. This means porting over each GL and Officer to start for every respective Guild. Yeah it sucks because we're not use to it, but in the beginning of 1 it was all we had. Remember that? We HAD to talk to each other in guild-chat, we asked each other what was going on, got involved in the Guild and supported each other. It wasn't a matter of logging in and staying quiet, it forced involvement because if you kept quiet you didn't get much done unless it was with outside the Guild help. We were left with relying simply ON the Guild and new friends found in outposts to get through areas. We have become accustomed to Alliance as an alternative for pugging and the social aspect.

This is by no means discounting our Current Alliance, but it remains a fact that each Guild was created and has been maintained as a separate entity with a common bond that kept the AoL Alliance going, not ruled by "1 person with many alts" who's the GL of each Guild. As far as I'm aware, each Guild currently IN this Alliance plans to have an active presence in GW 2 so it is not fair to expect abandonment of that in order to join a "mega-guild" encompassing all and ruling the server world. It means more opportunity for people, chances to grow and shine, not sit back and twiddle the collective thumbs.

I would love to see a huge social guild we can all kick to when we're needing respite from whatevers, but as Beau has stated
Another negative to having members that don't represent is that they are taking up space and not contributing to the guilds influence
I strongly feel that while our ties are tight, we can't let it cripple our unique, individual Guilds from moving forward in GW 2 while awaiting a decision regarding Alliances. We have voice, we have forum, we have friends lists... there is NO reason ANY bond that's been formed needs to be disregarded due to GW 2. If anything this will allow MORE opportunity because we are not all on the same server, and while wvwvwvw w/e will be limited, there IS the Guesting option since it seems right now that their idea is whatever server you're on, that IS your Alliance. No reason though you can't hit up friends list to get people over to your server for help and fun during spawns.

It's not fair to get into the mega-guild mindset encompassing current Ally because that'd be like saying "OK AoL you are going to fold into "Fuzzy Bunnahhh Slippers [Bite] in GW 2." As a former GL and current Officer I'd be completely ticked off furious and spitting mad pissed at not getting a chance for MY Guild to strut its stuff.

We will survive whatever happens in the beginning of GW 2, so long as each Guild holds true to its self there is NO reason we can't keep the Alliance party going even if the game doesn't make it "convenient" Twisted Evil

Edited: Also- this is an opportunity for those currently IN the AoL Guild, or for that matter any of the Other Guilds, to have a chance to step it and a part of the Leadership if the others so choose. For many that have returned or are new to 1 but chawing at the bit for 2 to release, they bring exciting ideas and goals, and I would love to see them shine, do their thing and excel in GW 2 where we all begin at a level playing field.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:21 am

Woot I'm just happy the moment is almost here! AoL is my home for GW and always will be! Excited to kick up some new adventures and getting into new trouble with the gang! No red dots though but I am sure there will be plenty of opportunity to aggro every enemy in sight!

Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 537
Hobbies : GW, Music, LOST, Killer Bunnies, My Family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:24 am

Lol awwww i miss red dots on the mini map!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ADS Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 pm

me toooooooo
ADS
ADS
Level 10

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:16 pm

On the plus side, it's so combat is more engaging...

Yet some are still attached I see...

Visual representation may be of help?

Our alliance shifting to Guild Wars 2 K86oa
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:16 pm

LOL!! I didn't even notice that GW2 doesn't have red dots, but now that y'all mention it yeah, wow! How will I know where I've been? LOL Shocked

The idea of having an "Alliance of Lightness" Guild as a social meeting place is interesting, but that guild will never gain much influence accept for when we gather for alliance events. So, if there is a member cap of 100 (unless you gain influence) there won't be enough room for all of us as our guilds grow with new GW2 players.

Mumble is a great place for the Alliance to maintain communications, but many of our members don't get on Mumble often (guilty). Alliance chat is our primary way to communicate. Maybe, we could find a group "text" chat service to replicate alliance chat. We have the chat box here on the AoL forum, but no one ever uses it.

Having a separate alliance chat window open will be easy with two monitors, but I know many people only use one. I will research to see if there is a chat box that could sit on top of Guild Wars 2 without interfering with game play.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:40 am

im thinking it might be a good idea to try one of this things for the next beta event

http://www.overwolf.com/Features/Multi-Chat

http://www.xfire.com/

http://raptr.com/

i think i still have a xfire account .. the others i didnt try yet

neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:13 am

Overwolf looks pretty nice. That could be a good way to keep an alliance chat up Smile

Last edited by Finnguala on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ADS Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:33 am

i like overwolf
ADS
ADS
Level 10

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Overwolf looks nice, but XFire has a feature to assemble a Guild/Alliance/Group chat areas. I don't see that option on Overwolf. It looks like Overwolf will only replicate a friends and IM environment. Raptors website doesn't give much usable information, so I'm not sure about that one.

Really, I don't have any experience with any of them. My main concern was replicating Alliance chat. From what is said on their websites, Xfire is the only one that will allow us to do that.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Solara Sea Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:04 pm

this was probably posted somewhere, but what server are we planning to be on? Like Lucci said, we should at least be on the same server.
Solara Sea
Solara Sea
Level 4

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy Plasma Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Thanks to the Guesting system we don't have to be on the same server. The only thing it prevents us from doing is WvW together.

If I am wrong about this, please tell me.

Unholy Plasma
Level 14

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Unholy Plasma wrote:Thanks to the Guesting system we don't have to be on the same server. The only thing it prevents us from doing is WvW together.

If I am wrong about this, please tell me.

Nope, that is correct. WvW is a pain if we wish to do that all together. Would be nice if we all got on the same server, but...with the nature of the server's that be difficult and have complications.
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:27 am

Cristal Desert - got most votes on the last pool , i think we should give it a shot on this beta
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:42 am

im installing overwolf now to see how it could work
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:10 am

overwolf looks very good , but does not replace xfire.

its just a onscreen system for many IM and even TeamSpeak ...

the problem with this solutions is that we would have to have a huge list of friends on xfire , always adding everytime someone new comes, its far from being practical.

what im looking into now is if we had a teamspeak server , maybe we could use overwolf to have it on screen and use it also as a text chat room.

thinking of that made me think if we could have our current mumble client on screen somehow ...
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:33 am

OH! I didn't even think of checking Mumble. It does have an option for "Always on Top." I just tested it on GW1. It works fine in windowed mode, but when I switch to true full screen it goes away. But, I usually play in a stretched windowed mode anyway , so that I can move between my two monitors freely. I also didn't notice before that there is an open text chat area there. I think that would be fine.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ADS Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:12 am

i dont see how getting in the same server would be a problem... my guild did that the first beta with no problem
ADS
ADS
Level 10

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:37 am

The reason I'm not leaning toward picking another server is because people may have used their gems for other things and this upcoming beta, they might not allow free server transfer. Guesting seems to be easier now though, so that will help with whatever you'd like to try out.
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ADS Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:40 am

Ah... makes sense
ADS
ADS
Level 10

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy Plasma Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Yup, I am one of those foolish people who used their gems on stuff just to see how the shop worked.

Unholy Plasma
Level 14

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:45 pm

From what I understand, this BETA is gonna be a clean start, so we have to pick a server all over again. No left over Avatars, Items, or Gems. I wonder if they will give us a stipend again. Probably not, since they are planning on rolling out the BETA item mall. But, if you choose to spend money you will get those Gems back at the live launch.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:47 pm

The Beau Brothers wrote:From what I understand, this BETA is gonna be a clean start, so we have to pick a server all over again. No left over Avatars, Items, or Gems. I wonder if they will give us a stipend again. Probably not, since they are planning on rolling out the BETA item mall. But, if you choose to spend money you will get those Gems back at the live launch.

In that regard, I think we should all pick Crystal Desert then.
I'll make an announcement thread... The one Jiggle made was just praising Sylvari and Asura, not that anything is bad about that Very Happy
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:47 pm

There will be no free gems per their twitter postings today. It's a full clean slate with the only thing you carry over is your friends list. My post on the BWE thread also suggests another GL/Guild who will be moving into 2 get a chance to set up and bring us in so they can see how the different features of being a GL will work.

Edited to add- a new guild with leader will be helpful because its going to allow for more to see the features added AND encourage talking to try and get us on the similar server when Launch happens.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy Plasma Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm so confused Shocked

Are we all joining one server for this beta or testing out several servers?

Please, help a poor noob out, it will be your good dead for the day Razz

Unholy Plasma
Level 14

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Crystal desert for bwe 3. boom is going to put up their tent for us to party under!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholy Plasma Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:05 pm

I believe I heard something about Crystal desert having a strong WvW presence. Hopefully that will continue in BWE3.

Thank you Kiera!

Unholy Plasma
Level 14

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:11 pm

I'm looking forward to Partying with BOOM in the Crystal Desert.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next