Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meta Events

5 posters

Go down

Meta Events Empty Meta Events

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:36 pm

A lot of us have been having fun chasing the Dragon Meta Events. However, are you aware every zone has a Meta Event? They aren't all dragons. I think it would be fun to figure out how the other zone Meta Events work and start doing those as well.

One that is almost as good as a Dragon is the Shadow Behemoth in Godslost Swamp in Queensdale. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be as regular as the other dragons. I have had some pretty impressive fights against ghosts and other bosses and they all drop nice Chests when done. If anyone knows more about any particular Meta Event, let me know. I would like to start compiling a list. We would need approximate timing or trigger events.

The more ways we have to keep this game interesting the better I say Very Happy
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Meta Events Empty Re: Meta Events

Post by Logan Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:57 pm

I like this idea a lot. I assume we are limiting it to group events that drop chests? Because I know there are some, the blood witch or champion giant for example, that do not drop chests but still give good xp and gold rewards
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by vickster Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:59 am

I say.... BRING THEM ALL ON!!! Even if there are not chests... they might hold good drops...(and exp points!!) and lots of group/guild fun!!! Aura
vickster
vickster
Level 75

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 782
City : Worcester Ma USA
Hobbies : reading, time with kids
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tank the lor Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:20 am

Harathi Highlands has a meta event ending where you assault the camps and eventually battle a champion centaur and his pets. I am pretty sure I actually did this one with you Beau. Chest was bugged to where it spawns early.

Metrica Province meta event is the flame golem in the reactor core. This one is insanely hard especially for a 1-15 level.

The norn area that has the frozen lake covered by wurms (low level) has a meta event where you battle a champion grawl shamen. This one always maks me mad bc i can never find the chest and i have to wander aroudn for 15 minutes before I do.

Those are the ones i've experienced that I can remember. I dont know the exact chain of events that leads up to the final battles though.
tank the lor
tank the lor
Level 12

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 120
City : Murfreesboro
Hobbies : Playing with bacteria and parasites
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by WeatherMan Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:10 pm

The event in Cursed Shore where you try to take back the entrance to Arah and have to hold off enemy waves and respawns in an area for a limited amount of time and if you don't fill the meter in time it restarts the event... XP

On a more serious note, the events in Malchor's Leap to retake the gods' shrines are pretty epic and usually require a large amount of people and coordination, so if enough guildies are high enough then I'm sure that would be rewarding.

I'm down for this to be something we do as a guild. I can't think of any other ones aside from the ones already posted. Usually just burned through the zones to get map completion. For something like this, would people already in zones just keep the guild updated and possibly link a close waypoint?
WeatherMan
WeatherMan
Level 1
Level 1

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 15
City : Land of Oz
Hobbies : Video games, reading, working out
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down