Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

non representing members?

+4
Yuri Mortenzen
The Beau Brothers
Zero
d-shadow
8 posters

Go down

non representing members? Empty non representing members?

Post by d-shadow Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:18 pm

im getting bit frustrated at the things goign on atm at best we got 33%-40% of our online members reppin us....talked with few of them in mapchats recently and mostly ogt answers liek " jumped ship after promlems/ignoring"..so im wondering what should be done with these "shipjumpers" thatts chosen to continue to another guild..and now never repping us anymore
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male
Guild : army of lightness [aol]
Number of posts : 414
City : helsinki
Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

non representing members? Empty Re: non representing members?

Post by Zero Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:01 pm

I mean if they're not going to rep us, we kick them. There's no point of keeping people who aren't going to rep.. We could try to convince them to maybe give AoL another shot. But for the long run we need to start recruiting new members... at this rate in my opinion we're going down in numbers, no one is repping us anymore and our new member base is low considered to how many leave. I don't mind recruiting because I like LA map chat. Razz
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:10 pm

i agree o nthat zero btw..... tho i would liek to get some commonly agreed targets and rules for what we want ot recruit and what not
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:42 pm

d-shadow wrote: tho i would liek to get some commonly agreed targets and rules for what we want ot recruit and what not

yeah best that before we start Smile
Zero
Zero
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:47 pm

I agree that we don't need people around if they never represent us. But, we have to be careful not to kick out ones that come and go. Some float between guild.

My primary concern is: Why do they feel like they are being ignored??? What other problems are they seeing??? These are issues we need to face and try to find solutions to. We don't want to be losing people for feeling like they are being ignored.

I know we can't jump and go help people at every turn, but we should at least try to respond to people and make them feel welcome. Before we kick someone out, we should try to talk to them, like Diablo did. Find out what their problems are.

We say that we want to be a social guild and complain that nobody talks... but, we have people leaving us because they are being ignored. Why aren't we talking to them???? It seems like they want interaction, but they cannot break through to our clique. Makes me wonder if we aren't trying hard enough to be social with them.

Venora stands out to me a someone who has broken the mold of a generic recruit. She firmly planted herself into our hearts Very Happy She isn't even on mumble, but she has made her presence known.

Other people may need a little more encouragement to get them to open up and feel welcome. We need to try harder.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 pm

When we recruit we should take time to personally make sure that they get on to the forum. Get them on voice chat. We need to not just welcome to the guild, but introduce them to people. Get them involved make them feel at home. Recruiting should not end with an invitation.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:05 pm

The Beau Brothers wrote:When we recruit we should take time to personally make sure that they get on to the forum. Get them on voice chat. We need to not just welcome to the guild, but introduce them to people. Get them involved make them feel at home. Recruiting should not end with an invitation.

Well.... When we recruit we could have them apply from our website like Mad Day and a few others. And i agree we shouldn't "just welcome them, but introduce them to people" Get them to know people and to feel like home.
Zero
Zero
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:19 pm

the problems they mentioned mostly were related to the dayle issue... i made then clear that issue is solved but seemed that that did not get any repsosne... the ignore issue is happening mostly same way as what joshua did mentioning in his topic few wseeks back..... might get in team and all but no guidance or understnading ofr the first itrmers
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:15 pm

Well, not so sure what to do... I did notice that as well with some guys i played regularly (thinking about sylversurfer). He's representing ARMA apparently but everytime I wisp him he joins the party. I thought it was a WvW thing but he seems just not representing AoL... Haven't not asked why but maybe i'll approach him next time I'm online...

Same thing happens with a member I helped recruiting (sithlord or some name in the like). He's still in roster but just not repping... So I don't know...

Back to forum use and such, I've had a good chat with Tia this week-end (facitiousacct ?) and he's a pretty nice guy... Asked him if he was in forums but he somehow isn't... I tried convincing him to pass by and he said he'd try but he's just usually not on any forums (he's not a forum person).

So he's not checking in here but he's pretty active in game and gchat so yeah... That's better I guess...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:07 am

I think that since I was quite involved in that little mess, maybe I should talk to them. let me have their names, if you think it would help.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:44 pm

How about a new rank, as we have proposed before, called "Respond or kick" or something along those lines?

We literally kick them (then re-invite them) if they don't respond.

Invites can last for a while if not indefinite period of time, so it would be a fine thing to determine who is actually on: the sooner we do this the better.
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:14 pm

I like the idea of creating a rank. I did that once before. We can place everyone we think is inactive or non repping, then monitor them for a time. If we see them repping during the probation period, we make them regular members again. If not, they get kicked. Or, we can just go with the kick and re-invite method. It would be nice to get the roster cleaned up. I'll leave this in you hands Finn. Let me know if you need help.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Yeah, I think though that for those that are not repping but from an allied guild such as Liar or Boom or RLR, then we distinguish those from the other non reppers.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnguala Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:00 pm

I'll need the new rank created for me to usher the inactive types into it.

Make sure it's along the lines of "Respond or kick", though. We need a harsh title so people are aware.
Finnguala
Finnguala
Light

Male
Guild : Army of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1097
City : Mid-Atlantic USA
Hobbies : Enthusiastically dancing to Marina and the Diamonds and fawning over Troye Sivan
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:16 pm

I've been thinking about this. One thing that almost all of us as officers have mentioned is the death of the forum! I was thinking that even though we like a laid back atmosphere in AoL. It isn't too much to ask that people log into the forum at least once every 3 days. That is easy to track:

Members connected during last 72 hours : Blank De Ratche, d-shadow, Echo, exanimo, Finnguala, Flynx, Isaac, Kiera, Logan, Lucci_Slevin, shammaster, The Beau Brothers, Venora Tulka, whodini, Yuri Mortenzen, Zero
It would not be something that we would have to watch like a hawk, but something we could check periodically. Surprise spot checks. If we notice someone not on the forum maybe we could make a note of it and not even bother telling them the first time. But, if we see the name missing again, we would give them a warning.

I could live with the idea of having a forum based guild. It might take some time to get the right people, but with careful recruiting and telling the people upfront about the rule it could happen. The Farra Cub rank should not last more than three days without a firm reminder that they need to get on the forum and register and check in every three days. They do not have to post something every three days, just log in.

If they come to the forum, they are more likely to at least look around. Even if they don't have time to play the game, they can still check the forum. This way, we can still see they are interested in the guild.

If we decide to do this, lets all come up with some interesting stuff to put on the forum so that it looks current Very Happy

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:20 pm

I like that idea Beau. I mean it might mean we lose some people who don't want to do it, but we can make those people back.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:44 pm

I can change that time frame too, from 72 hours, if we want to give them say 4 or 5 days or once a week.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:46 pm

I'd say give them 3 or 4 days after their name disappears from that listing before a warning. But another thing to address is that it isn't simply logging on. It involves topic creation as well. It can be something ranging from a game to activies to something like Nemac just posted. But across the board, myself included, we need to post more. Otherwise why bother logging into the forum.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:25 am

I was gonna say something in line with what Logan just said... It may be OK to request members to check the forums regularly but it also means on our side that we have to provide some regular content (or members can create as well).

The only drawback I see in this idea is, as I've mentioned before, we may lose some member who are active in game but just not that into forums. For example, Desic, Zummy, Tia are pretty active when logged in GW2 but are never seen in the forums...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:57 am

i have been thinking about adding content to the forums ...

even copy pasting from other sources on regular basis would be better then nothing.

like have one or 2 youtube podcasts posted when ever they come out

and from the gw2 official blog also when something new come out

and have it on the mighty bubble area or something that will go to portal
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:41 pm

So I have had some dicussion with 2 members who were not repping and were online.

Basically, both of them had the same reason... They have several toons and are only repping AoL on one of them whereas their other toons are in other guilds.

One of the user was Deviane (character name Camille something...). I started talking to her because I spotted her while waiting for Shatterer but noticed she had been put under our new "reply or kick" status... And besides the first reason that her Camille toon was in AoL and her others were in other guilds (or no guild) she also mentioned that she originally joined the guild to do group stuff like dungeons, etc... but everytime she'd asked on gchat she'd got no response (or negative ones).

Also a while back I had a similar discussion with another of our member who was not repping... It would somehow seem that some members do not rep AoL while leveling a character but are repping on their level 80 chars. What's the reason behind? Not so sure... I try and convince them to rep even they're leveling so at least they can participate in gchat and beneficiate from guild-wide bonuses...

It's funny I've also tried recruiting people who gave me the same answer... They're still leveling and will consider finding a guild once they reach 80. I'm really having a hard time understanding the logic behind...

Anyway, just to give you guys some feedback from members.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:34 am

most people only join guilds to find people to do the very hard stuff that requires coordination , training , etc ... other then that they are happy with pugs and solos.

to find people that join guilds to make friends and socialize is not easy i think ...

because we are not looking for elite players , hardcore masters of dungeons ... we can and should recruit massively ... as it seams the rate of people leaving and/or not repping is much higher then the recruiting rate .. the guild becomes empty
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:58 pm

Well, I guess I'll table the forum requirement for now since I have not gotten much positive feedback.

I do like the idea of mass recruiting. Targeted recruiting is either not working or enough of us are not doing it.

We need people. The good, the bad, and the ugly Wink We can weed out the bad as needed. From what I've heard, the main reason people are leaving is inactivity / nobody to play with / no one responds to dungeon calls. More people active will at least partly solve that. I've just got a few weeks left before I can be back full force for a while.

Be prepared for recruiting drives. Gonna try it the old fashioned way. Cast a big net and see what we pull in.

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:55 pm

The problem with recruiting is that GW2 does not really require you to be in a guild as in GW1... Thing is, you do not event need to group up with anyone for most thing as anyone venturing an area will be in your party just by standing there. Dragons and other world events do not require you to party either... So players do not really see the real need of being in a guild, except maybe for the occasional guild buffs. So recruiting is a tad harder... It's still guild wars but it's not...
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down