Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officer Duties (as I see them) Please reply

+3
Yuri Mortenzen
Brynlyn
Blank De Ratche
7 posters

Go down

Officer Duties (as I see them) Please reply Empty Officer Duties (as I see them) Please reply

Post by Blank De Ratche Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Arighty I've been meaning to post this for a while, these are the things you should do as I see them.

1. Be Helpful We have quite a few new members thank you Yuri! who are also new to the game. We need to go out of our way to help them. Today I saw a new member asking if anyone would do a fractals 1 with him. There were 2-3 officers on and not one answered. I don't expect you to drop everything and go anytime anyone calls, but please help if you can. I recognize that many of these events may be boring to us but it's part of our job. Even if you can't help then at least reply to the person and tell them. That's what I did when he asked and he was appreciative.

2. Recruit Yuri can gives you tips on this, I believe he just whispers people who don't have tags. I've had success with this and it works. Also when you recruit that person is yours. Remember to encourage them to sign up for the forum and try to get them on mumble, even if it's just to listen. Make Sure you welcome them in guild chat.

3. Events This is where we are really falling down. We want people to sign up here but we never post anything. I'm going to do a better job of this myself, but I expect every officer to come up with something you want to form and teach groups on. Zero's dungeon post is a great example of this. Could be dungeons, fractals, PvP WvW or anything else. I see a few officers that get on and just do their own thing every time. This is fine most of the time but I want everyone to think of something you can lead or at least participate in.

4. Roster maintenance I've been looking at people who never rep and keeping an eye on them. See my other post for info on this.

5. Guild Chat We as officers need to make sure guild chat doesn't get out of hand. I haven't seen this happening but it's something we need to keep an eye out for. If you see someone being offensive or it seems like there is some tension diffuse it. and do it by whisper please. Any problems with members let me know. That's why I get paid the big bucks.

6. Finally HAVE FUN! If you are not doing this then you're doing something wrong, being an officer is a job but there is no reason it has to be a fun job.

Side Note I know we get busy in real life sometimes and can't really do these things, if this happens to you please let me know and we will temporally change your rank until you can. I don't want officers who do not do their jobs.

IF I've missed anything, or you have any questions post it here. Older Guilds like ours tend to turn into an old boys club where the older members stick together and don't really include the new people. I've been on both sides of this and it's not fun. I don't want to be a hard-ass but I feel strongly about this and if you cannot, or don't want to do this let me know and we'll discuss it. I consider each and every one of you my friends.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Officer Duties (as I see them) Please reply Empty Re: Officer Duties (as I see them) Please reply

Post by Brynlyn Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:38 am

Read and understood. None of this should be a problem for me.

Number 2 answers a question that I personally had (would you like for us to be actively recruiting). What are your all's thoughts on people who post in map chap that they are looking for a guild? Are they usually good people to invite?

Brynlyn
Level 2

Male
Number of posts : 25
City : Asheville
Occupation : Househusband, brewer, stay at home dad (forthcoming)
Hobbies : Being kickass
Registration date : 2013-05-16

Back to top Go down

Officer Duties (as I see them) Please reply Empty Re: Officer Duties (as I see them) Please reply

Post by Blank De Ratche Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:33 pm

I haven't had much sucess posting in all chat but go for it.

Guys I'd like you all to reply at least saying you have read this.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:16 pm

"Also when you recruit that person is yours": Please define that statement, sounds like Diablo edited your post ^^

"being an officer is a job but there is no reason it has to be a fun job.": Well darn it! I was having fun all this time! XD

OK I've read your post and agree with most of it lol...

Brynlyn, regarding your map chat question... Well... Depends on the person looking for a guild. I know I found Maddy that way and she's been a great member so far... I'd just go ahead and talk to them to see what kind of guild they're looking for.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:33 pm

Yuri, I think Ratche means that we need to make sure the people that we recruit are happy and have signed up for stuff.

Ratche, I agree with all the stuff you've said.
Logan
Logan
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by d-shadow Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:03 am

i think i readed this,but cant promise i understood it Razz
d-shadow
d-shadow
Level 41

Male
Guild : army of lightness [aol]
Number of posts : 414
City : helsinki
Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:21 pm

Sounds about right to me
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Read it.

1. I can do that xD
2. I can try my best - I've never been the one to recruit people but ill see if I can snag guildless people  in dungeons Razz 
3. I need to do a lot of dungeons - so there we go xD
4. Nothing to promise I haven't really payed to much attention on that..
5. I may have been the cause of issues Laughing 
6. I always do!
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:26 pm

alrighty, we have 10 officers and 6 people have replied. good job to them, the rest need to acknowledge this please.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down