Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrea

+5
Grawnaw
Nai
B E E Z
The Beau Brothers
Dragnix Pheodron
9 posters

Go down

Andrea Empty Andrea

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:53 am

Andrea has come back to the game.. I would like to see her promoted back to Squire... she has alot of history with AoL and although I dont believe she should be an officer (just yet) I believe Squire is a perfect fit for her.
I am aware she has been a bit all over the place.. but I understand she is in a much better place and will be staying with us now.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness (AoL)
Number of posts : 522
City : Melbourne, Australia
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Andrea Empty Re: Andrea

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:46 am

OMG that is awesome! It will be awesome to have her back, and I think squire is perfect for her. I don't think she ever really felt comfortable as an officer, but I would consider it again if she expressed interest. We kind of twisted her arm into it before.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:55 am

<333333333333 andrea yey

no objections here for her being squire - like Beau said, I think that's a better fit for her as it reflects the work she puts into the guild without giving her the added stress of the officer role
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female
Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 1261
City : Charleston
Hobbies : stoofz
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:15 pm

My personal feeling is, only promote Andrea if she wants to be promoted. No objection if she wants to be a squire Smile
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2014-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawnaw Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:25 pm

I also think that Squire will suit Andrea well at this stage.
And it's great to see her back again Smile

Grawnaw
Level 15

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 158
City : Melbourne
Hobbies : Gaming, Drawing, Handyman stuff,

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Yes let's not push her to be an officer again. She was really tormented by it last time. If she wants it, that's different. But can we all agree to not push her towards officer please?
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Fabulous! I will promote her back to Squire then :-) and I 100% agree about her not being an officer UNLESS she is 100% ready and she WANTS it! I would like to encourage no questions about becoming an officer too.. just let her enjoy being back with us and when she is ready have her come to us :-D
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:18 pm

yay Andrea is back!
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudonym Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:20 am

If you guys have promoted her already, I agree. However, I would highly recommend you ask her nicely first. I love Andrea, truly, but I also know that Kitty is correct. Andrea is a kind soul who would still have trouble saying "no" even if she really should.
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Level 26

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Just to let you guys know, I've had a casual talk with her last night about officership. She's welcoming the idea, she said it would be great if we still think she's worthy.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:25 am

Yuri Mortenzen wrote:Just to let you guys know, I've had a casual talk with her last night about officership. She's welcoming the idea, she said it would be great if we still think she's worthy.

See I'm not sure about this, I mean she was a good officer and I would love to have her, but alot of her problems were caused by her being an officer and people coming to her for stuff.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragnix Pheodron Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:54 am

I agree with Ratche... I ADORE Andrea I really do love her to bits as I know alot of us do! however.. I am of the same thought as Ratche, I think she loved being an officer because she really enjoys helping people.. but she doesnt cope with the stress very well.. I think leave her as Squire for the foreseeable future and just go from there. If she asks to be promoted we can have a chat to her then... but for the moment.. I would like to keep her where she is.
Dragnix Pheodron
Dragnix Pheodron
Level 50

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:36 am

I'm in agreement with ratche. Unfortunately, no matter how much we say "no pressure, it's ok to say no" she will feel obligated to say yes if we even remotely mention being an officer. And it really did cause problems for her last time around. As it stands, even when she was still Ally, she was already speaking to me about how she is anxious about needing to do more to contribute to the guild and help it out, especially since she was away for a while, and it was making her feel guilty.

I love her to bits, and that is why I'm saying I don't think she should be an officer for the foreseeable future.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:06 am

I agree with all of the hesitations about Andrea. However, she does play during that "early morning" time that I notice we have no officer coverage. I pop on before I go to work some mornings and we never have any officer coverage.

People that I see on at that time that could be potential candidates would be Andrea, Mirai Baka, Ivory, and On ions (needs Squire first).

I do love Andrea to death. She is our sweetest sweetheart. Such a gentle soul. But, we do not want to pressure her. We have to make sure she understands that while we do have responsibilities, it is just for fun and there should be no guilt or anxiety.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:46 pm

Blank De Ratche wrote:she was a good officer and I would love to have her, but a lot of her problems were caused by her being an officer and people coming to her for stuff.

Alright... Again I was having a casual talk with her and this just dropped in the conversation. she told me she was gonna earn it back. when i mentioned we had been talking about her maybe going back to officer, she'd told me she didn't want to be persevered as a prima donna who an just waltz in and out and claim officership when she wants to. She was quite humble about it and didn't want any favor or anything.

I'm just saying, since she was an officer before and she seems to have eaten a tiger, why not give her another chance?

Sorry if I seem pushy or anything but that's not how I understood the post. I understood it more as an "don't push it on her but if she wants it then OK" post.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:19 pm

I think it's less about giving her a chance (I'm pretty sure everyone agrees Andrea was an amazing officer) and more about how she got so stressed out that she pretty much stopped playing a while and left the guild.

If something is causing that much stress, maybe it's good to chill instead?

Also in terms of Beau's post, maybe this would be topic that is better for another thread, but on ions I think would be a good officer. I don't know Mirai well enough to say either way on him/her...Ivz is a total sweetie pie and I would recommend her for squire but maybe not officer just yet.
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:21 pm

But if Andrea really wants to give it another try I won't be opposed to it....I just don't think she does middle ground well. By that I mean once she is an officer again, I think it will be much of the same where she takes on too much and doesn't know how to step it down a bit when it gets to be too much.
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Yuri Mortenzen wrote:
Blank De Ratche wrote:she was a good officer and I would love to have her, but a lot of her problems were caused by her being an officer and people coming to her for stuff.

Alright... Again I was having a casual talk with her and this  just dropped in the conversation. she told me she was gonna earn it back. when i mentioned we had been talking about her maybe going back to officer, she'd told me she didn't want to be persevered as a prima donna who an just waltz in and out and claim officership when she wants to. She was quite humble about it and didn't want any favor or anything.

I'm just saying, since she was an officer before and she seems to have eaten a tiger, why not give her another chance?

Sorry if I seem pushy or anything but that's not how I understood the post. I understood it more as an "don't push it on her but if she wants it then OK" post.

I have no problem giving it to her if she wants it, I'm just afraid it will overstress her.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Andrea is such a sweetheart. Of course I wouldn't mind her being officer again, but I don't want Andrea to be so stressed out again. I think we all need to give her more time before even considering re-promoting her.

I want Andrea to be able to be comfortable and relax. Let her just play the game for herself without having to worry about any obligations. Then maybe sometime later we can promote her again. But for now let us not give/add stress to her that comes with officership.
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:38 pm

I would like to add that while Andrea did get stressed out about the officer position, that was not her reason for leaving. It may have been a part of the reason, but she was also having a lot of stress in her personal life. She completely deleted GW2 and other games from her computer. She needed to concentrate on real life activities. Officer stress was just a small part of her leaving.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:51 am

Beau, even if it wasn't' officer stress that made her leave, officer stress is stressful!

Andrea should not be thrown back into officership so soon after she has come back. I think we need to give her a month or even a few months before re promoting her. We really need to just let Andrea play for Andrea.

I don't think she should have obligations attached to her so soon after she has come back. Maybe later down the road if she really wants to come back to officership we re-promote her. For now though, I believe we need to let her be where she is at.
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:52 am

The game stress was a big part of her overall personal issues. At least in the many discussions we had about the matter over the course of a couple of months. Maybe she didn't voice it to everyone, and maybe she is downplaying it now, but it was a BIG part of her stress. Some of you will recall her yo-yo'ing with being an officer and not being an officer. This was not just a spur of the moment thing. The stress that came with dealing with guild issues/drama as an officer was a major contributor to her issues. I'm not saying there weren't outside factors too, because there were lots of those also.

I just think we need to stop thinking selfishly about this. We all love Andrea and I'm sure we all would love to see her be an officer again. But I really meant it when I said, let's not even bother her with discussion about it for now. Because really, even if it was only a small part of her leaving, it WAS a part of her leaving. So why are we trying so hard and fighting so hard to put her back into that awkward position, if not to make ourselves feel better?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that some of us probably are more aware of what was going on for her than others. She is the kind of person who will put on a brave face and say "yes" to almost anything her friends ask her for, even if she doesn't really want it, or knows it's not good for her. I'm not saying I'm special because she's talked to me a lot about things over the months before she left, but I happened to be online at times when she needed to talk ... a lot. And I really think if we all love her so much, we really need to drop this issue for now, and stop putting more pressure on the situation.

<3
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudonym Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:38 am

Kittynne wrote:And I really think if we all love her so much, we really need to drop this issue for now, and stop putting more pressure on the situation.

<3
Agreed.

We are talking about an 18 year old struggling nursing student like we need her to run a multi-million dollar company. I'd like to cut to the chase: she isn't ready (period). This thread should have ended a long time ago.
Pseudonym
Pseudonym
Level 26

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:58 am

I agree that we should drop it. My comments were not to fight for her promotion. I originally said that Squire was perfect and that she was not comfortable as officer. My comments were only to defend her since everyone seems to be coming down so hard on her when this topic was only about Squire and not really about officer at all.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content