Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stepping down

+6
The Beau Brothers
Grawnaw
B E E Z
Zero
Kainis
Blank De Ratche
10 posters

Go down

Stepping down Empty Stepping down

Post by Blank De Ratche Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:17 pm

As you may have noticed lately I haven't been on as much. I've just lost my desire to play and need a break. I'll still be getting on to do daily most days and for guild missions usually but I just don't seem to enjoy the game as I used to. Because of this I have decided to step down as leader of AoL. I've been discussing this with the lords and we've talked about a few different scenarios. Basically Beau and Tia have each said they would accept leadership of the guild and I'd like to get your opinions on this or anyone else you may like to suggest.. I will be making the final decision in the next few days.

I also wanted to thank each of you for your support during my time as the boss. You've made this game fun for alot longer than it would have been otherwise and a leader couldn't ask for a better set of officers having his back.
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1444
City : Florida
Hobbies : GW
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to top Go down

Stepping down Empty Re: Stepping down

Post by Kainis Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Either Beau or Tia would be a great guild leader with the dedication they have to the guild and our members. No offense Tia, my pick for lead would be Beau.

Kainis
Level 4

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2014-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:43 am

Same boat as you Ratch as you know. I think Beau and or Tia will make a great new leader, who ever gets chosen will continue to bring greatness to AoL <3. (ill let actual opinions for people who play most xD)
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:52 am

Sad You've been great bossman. Will you still join us as a Lord/Knight? ;-; ilusm ;-;

Beau is great for the social stuff, though I feel like he doesn't get to be on much cause of his job lately.
Tia is great for organization but he's a few hours back timezone wise. ;o; Joint leadership?
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1261
City : Charleston
Hobbies : stoofz
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Grawnaw Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:57 am

Wow I am very sorry to see you go Bossman, It will be very different without you leading this guild.
As for my vote as to who should Lead... I am unsure of who to vote for.
Joint leadership could work but may raise other complications... as if there are only 2 people and both have opposite opinions about something...
But thats my 20 cents...

Grawnaw
Level 15

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 158
City : Melbourne
Hobbies : Gaming, Drawing, Handyman stuff,
Registration date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:10 pm

I will just say that I would be honored to take the reigns of AoL back.  I do not really wish to campaign for the position, but I know that I care a lot for this guild and it's future.  I may be emotional and unpredictable sometimes, but everything I've done has been to help AoL in some way.  (Except for one little disagreement with Kitty that got out of hand.)

Tia would make a great choice also.  A year ago I may have thought differently, but I think he has grown up a bit since then Wink .  

I will be honest though.  I am starting to see my interest in the game falter a bit too.  That is partly because of my work schedule, I just have not had time to get interested in the new zones.  The story IS still intriguing, and it keeps me happy.  However, I decided when I came back to AoL that I would not leave again.  This is my family. I am here for friends. Even if the Guild Wars community starts to die, I will drag AoL with me to a new game.  I am already making plans to make a chapter of AoL in Star Citizen.  

So whether or not I am King, I will always be here for AoL.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:36 pm

OK TIA YOUR TURN TO MELT OUR HEARTS, YOU FUCK.
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:36 pm

jkjk ilu
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving. To me, you will always be the best leader I have ever had. You're my bro, my mapping bud, my favourite jerk... However, I do understand why you want to step down. I really hope there will be stuff added soon which will make you more interested in the game.

As for my opinion on this... I am gonna say I vote for Beau here. I found it very hard to make a decision...
Both men would make very good leaders and are very lovely, but I think, for AoL, Beau makes a better fit.
I don't want you to take this personally, Tia. I think you would also make a great leader.

I have my reasons for this, but do not think it is fair if I post them here for all to read. Tia (or Ratche), if you do want to know, you can ask me personally.
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female
Number of posts : 570
City : Netherlands
Hobbies : Flowers, jumping puzzles, playing with the dog, GW2
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:41 pm

B E E Z wrote:Sad You've been great bossman. Will you still join us as a Lord/Knight? ;-; ilusm ;-;

Let's make him a peasant, so I can rule over him and tell him off without having to be scared to get kicked Razz Razz
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:38 pm

omg *power trips all over bossman*
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:34 pm

Andrea1704 wrote:
B E E Z wrote:Sad You've been great bossman. Will you still join us as a Lord/Knight? ;-; ilusm ;-;

Let's make him a peasant, so I can rule over him and tell him off without having to be scared to get kicked Razz Razz

I was thinking more of a new rank called "I don't die on vistas" But to answer your question beez I really won't be around enough to justify being an officer.
"
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:08 pm

Sad(((
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:37 am

I kinda felt that was coming somehow. I think a lot of oldies but goodies are going through that kind of phase... Maybe you should stick around until Anet implements the new daily thingy and see if it tickles your fancy.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:04 am

I'm sad to see that you are stepping down boss, but I understand why you are. You have been an awesome guild leader. I am honored to have been a member and an officer under your leadership.

My thoughts have been all over since I saw this thread. Both Tia & Beau are good candidates. Both would make good leaders.
Now having said that, after spending hours articulating my thoughts, debating and contemplating, I have finally come to a decision. With that decision, my vote for the new King is Beau.
Nai
Nai
Level 21

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2014-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Yuri Mortenzen wrote:I kinda felt that was coming somehow. I think a lot of oldies but goodies are going through that kind of phase... Maybe you should stick around until Anet implements the new daily thingy and see if it tickles your fancy.
wat new daily thing
Zero
Zero
Light

Male
Guild : Army Of Lightness [AoL]
Number of posts : 1552
City : Las Vegas
Hobbies : Vydia games and music
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:47 pm

After much thought I decided on Beau, it was a tough choice but the fact that beau was so involved here in the conversation was the tipping point for me.  So the king is dead, all hail the king.  (btw demoted myself to squire or soldier, can't remember which, but that was me who did it.)  Thanks again all! We'll see how long this lasts until I miss the power!
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Zero wrote:
Yuri Mortenzen wrote:I kinda felt that was coming somehow. I think a lot of oldies but goodies are going through that kind of phase... Maybe you should stick around until Anet implements the new daily thingy and see if it tickles your fancy.
wat new daily thing

According to some new post I read about the new update, Anet is updating the way dailies work with all new rewards for logging in, completing tasks, etc...

And gratz Beau.
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:20 pm

BEEZ 2015!

oh and grats beau!
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by B E E Z Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:41 pm

RON PAUL 2012
B E E Z
B E E Z
Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:48 pm

So FYI should probably make an announcement in the Round Table, since Ratche already announced in guild chat. If neither of you two do it tonight, I'll post something later. Smile
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:18 am

^ I'd rather one of you (ratche or beau) do it though ... I think I'll wait til tomorrow. Very Happy

*edited by request, to add clarity that I meant ratche or beau

Last edited by Kittynne on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:15 am

Blank De Ratche wrote:After much thought I decided on Beau, it was a tough choice but the fact that beau was so involved here in the conversation was the tipping point for me.  So the king is dead, all hail the king.  (btw demoted myself to squire or soldier, can't remember which, but that was me who did it.)  Thanks again all!  We'll see how long this lasts until I miss the power!

Why squire/soldier omg

Congratulations Beau!
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:28 am

- deleted cuz dumb comment jk didn't read well/misunderstood Razz

Last edited by Andrea1704 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:13 am

Andrea1704 wrote:- deleted cuz dumb comment jk didn't read well/misunderstood Razz

omgomgomgomg not dumb omgomgomg ilusm <3

donut you call my andrea dumb, i will have to take someone else outside and beat them up! <3
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:15 am

OH and btw, in case it looks like I'm an insensitive jerk because I didn't reply here saying how much I heart ratche and will miss him as leader, I'm totally not a jerk, I just already told him all that stuff last week. <333333333
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:50 pm

I will make an announcement in the Round Table, if necessary but it would probably be better coming from Ratche.

Also, Ratche, I know you don't want to worry about the decision making process, so do you want me to remove you from the Officer's Forums?
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:55 am

The Beau Brothers wrote:Also, Ratche, I know you don't want to worry about the decision making process, so do you want me to remove you from the Officer's Forums?

As much as I love ratche and appreciate everything he's done for the guild, it doesn't seem fair to other former officers to leave ratche with officer forum access and ability to have a say, if he is not an officer, since our policy is to only have officers in here.

Having said that, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that ratche wants a break from all the administration and guild running business anyways, and ignorance can certainly be bliss, hehe.

Besides, I'm sure if he ever wanted to come back and officer us, we'd welcome him with open arms, and gladly give him officer forum access back again too, of course. <3
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank De Ratche Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Personally, I would like to still look behind the curtain and have an idea of what's going on. But as kitty said we have a procedure of blocking the forums from those no longer officers. So probably best to drop me from this forum
Blank De Ratche
Blank De Ratche
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:16 pm

I completely understand what you mean, Kitty, and will second that in 9 out of 10 cases. Policy is policy. But every policy has its exceptions somewhere, and I 100% think ratche should be an exception in this matter. Not only has he done remarkable things for the guild, he has also expressed interest to stay in here. So I think we should either make an exception for him, or Give him the vizier rank.
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Feelings aside, because I love Ratche and appreciate all that he's done for the guild and for the individuals within the guild ...

If he wants to stay an officer, then I have no objections to him staying in the officer forum.  However, it was his willing choice to step down all the way to soldier, which sends a conflicting message if he still wants to be privy to officer discussions.  It's all I'm saying.

I'm all for him remaining an officer, but from talking to him, I got the impression that the reason he stepped down was so he could be removed from all these kinds of duties and responsibilities for a while, to get back to loving the game.  It's just kind of a conflicting message to say you want some of it (being able to see what's going on) but not all of it (the responsibility and expectation that comes with being able to see these things).

Also, since Beau is no longer Vizier, that slot can probably be better put to use for some other role, since we are at our limit to how many ranks we can define.  It was always kind of a wishy washy and unnecessary role anyways.  I'd rather us not waste one of our slots on a vanity role.

Furthermore, if we make exceptions to more and more policies due to friendships, might as well throw all the policies out the window.  As it stands, we have so few to begin with.

My 2c.  I'm only one person, so my word doesn't carry much weight anyways.

I still love Ratche though.  He knows that. <3
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:24 pm

Ratche has said himself that he thinks he should be removed. Some other points have been brought up that he may wish to reply to. For now, I'm removing Admin status, but leaving him in the Officers Forum. But, even though I did ask if he wants to stay, I do agree with Kitty. I never ask other officers when they are demoted. I just automatically remove their access.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:29 pm

Having said that I do value Ratche's opinion on a lot of issues. But, I can always message him privately if I want advice on the side Wink
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 pm

I hear ya Beau.  His opinion is certainly a valued one.  Have to be careful not to break the officer rules though, about disclosure.  Which is why, personally, I think it would be ideal if he was willing to be a Knight.  But, maybe he just needs a bit of a breather first?  Look forward to seeing him respond!

Last edited by Kittynne on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:40 pm

It's your choice in the end, but I disagree. Also, Looking at the policies part... I doubt they can be followed without exceptions. Because we have policies that we are not even following now. So if we to take a policy seriously, we should do that to all of them. But I guess that is a matter which does not belong in this thread.
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:42 pm

Andrea if there are policies you feel we aren't adhering to, feel free to start a thread so we can discuss.  But while I respect your choice to disagree here, I don't feel that it is a valid excuse to break ALL the rules because we are breaking some of them already.  Maybe what's better is a review of the rules we are breaking, to determine if they should still be rules, or if we should drop them.  But again, feel free to start a new thread if you have issue with us breaking some rules. The policies (which ones specifically? I find it weird that we have several versions) need a revamp anyways.
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea1704 Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Didn't say break all the rules, just saying strictly following policies is, and never will be completely happening. And yeah maybe I will
Andrea1704
Andrea1704
Level 55

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittynne Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Well, like I said already, why have policies if we don't actually follow them, or make exceptions for our favourite people, but not for everyone.

But yeah, please feel free to start a thread. It's a discussion that we probably should start anyways!
Kittynne
Kittynne
Level 70

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down