Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scavenger Hunt Details

5 posters

Go down

Scavenger Hunt Details Empty Scavenger Hunt Details

Post by Mint(sc) Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Okay, people! The Scavenger Hunt will be starting on the 1st of November. I think we've done all the advertising we can do and gotten all the interest we can for it.

First of all, this Scavenger Hunt is going to be divided by campaign, with a winner being decided for each campaign before the next campaign's list is released. This way it gives everyone an equal chance to win each campaign. This is for all you people trying to get up money for Elite Armor and the like.

Since we have only gotten about 7 people to express interest in this, I am restricting team sizes to 2, so that we have at least 3 teams working on it. This does NOT mean that 7th person is being left out! They can go at it solo if they wish, or they can find another person to be their partner. Last-minute entries are always welcome, and will be accepted right up to the end, when the winner of the Hunt is revealed.

There will be no real time limit on this Scavenger Hunt, as the lists are really big and I have no idea just how long it will take to farm for and find everything. I don't feel right placing a time limit on something when I don't rightly know how long it should take. I am hoping to have a winner by one month's time for each campaign. If one month goes by and no winner has been declared, the hunt for that list will continue, but I will be hounding the participants to get this done so we can move on to the next list.

Due to the sheer size of these lists, I more than understand that inventory space will be a problem. It is for this reason that it is not only acceptable, but actually encouraged for the teams to turn in completed stacks and screen shots as they get them. Item stacks can be turned in to me in-game by showing them through the trade screen. Also, I will take screen shots of your inventory with said items to my e-mail address, BerserkerMinsc@gmail.com, as long as your character is visible with you having yourself selected so that your name appears in green. Be aware, though, that screen shots of item stacks will ONLY be accepted if the screen shot is not sized down so far that it is not CLEAR you have the requested amount of said item. Be careful of this, because some e-mail clients will do this to your pictures automatically if they exceed a certain size. If you need, I will send you a gmail invite, as I know for a fact gmail does NOT do this. I would recommend scrolling your cursor over the item in question so that it tells how many you have in a larger print and doing this for each item just to be safe. Be aware that I can't take your word just because we're friends...it's nothing personal, but these rules will apply to ALL entrants. For the screen shots at the end of the lists, please just e-mail those to me at BerserkerMinsc@gmail.com. They will all need to show your character with you having yourself selected so that your name shows up in green. This means you can't turn off your HUD for the pictures. BOTH members of ALL teams will need to submit their own pictures in the above format, or they will not be accepted. Screen shots with NPCs will also need to have the name of that NPC showing as well. This can be accomplished by simply holding down the button on the keyboard that shows all NPCs, signs, and other friendlies. I ask for the screen shots in this way to avoid people recycling their old screen shots from their hard drive. I want you to go there and do it THIS time...for THIS Scavenger Hunt. And please remember.... DO NOT POST YOUR SCREEN SHOTS ON THE FORUM OR THEY WILL BE REFUSED AND YOU WILL HAVE TO GO BACK AND RE-TAKE THEM. I WILL PERSONALLY COMPARE THE SCREEN SHOTS IN MY E-MAIL WITH THOSE YOU POSTED ON THE FORUMS TO BE SURE YOU WENT AND RE-TOOK THE PICTURE. The reason for this is that you have to have your HUD on, so it will be easy for people to see exactly where they need to go if they don't already know by your radar or if you have the mini-map up.

The winner will be decided by who TURNS IN the last of their list items. So this means that if you finish your list, but wait until I am on-line to turn the last of your items in, you will likely lose due to those who take the time to submit them by screen shot to my e-mail. I will ALWAYS check my e-mail before I get on-line.

The ONLY one forbidden from participating in the Scavenger Hunt is me, myself, because I made the lists. Everyone else, all other officers, regular members, anyone from the alliance, and even Akroma are all more than welcome to participate if they like.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to put them up here and I will address them all as needed. This is my first Scavenger Hunt, so I am far from certain I've covered every little thing, although I did try to. Smile Please do not hesitate if you have something to say.

Last edited by Mint(sc) on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 629
City : Plantersville, TX
Hobbies : Most anything to do with Dinosaurs. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Scavenger Hunt Details Empty Re: Scavenger Hunt Details

Post by Akroma Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:27 pm

way to point me out ya %@#&! O.o lol jk bud.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:03 pm

*pats* I thought you needed more people knowing of your existence. You're such a hermit!
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male
Number of posts : 629
City : Plantersville, TX
Hobbies : Most anything to do with Dinosaurs. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:01 am

... not funny/am not
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:52 pm

haha i agree with mint...your becoming a vogo >< scratch that you pretty much are bud! iam sorry

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:18 am

this is a easy issue to resolve in my opinion

if people start thinking this or that about the leader , my inicial idea for this guild was to rotate leader seat , this way officers can feel what is like to be up there , and bring new energie to the place , also this way leader wont be over stressfull becose their place will change soon to another office.

i would agree with rotating leader seat every 1 month.

ofcorse with officers that everyone is sure to trust , and officers that want to take the time to do it ... im sure not all officers want to take it ...

i know i cant at the moment.

but i really dont like to see people calling akroma , a vogo ... this is ridiculus

i say lets put mighty up there , and see what he does.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:36 am

iam mearly saying when you start taking the game too seriously you lose its orginal
intention and that is to have fun but hey if you want to have a rotating guild leader
seat i wouldnt mind, but i think the problem with that is that we've had a single guild
leader for so long that'd things would b akward...and most of all why is there such
offense to calling him vogo, vogo was good guy and he was upholding the guild
long before each one of us came along the sacrafice he made in doing so just was
that he didnt get a chance to enjoy the game and i patronize him alot for not doing
so, so when i see akroma i see him starting to go down the same path

Mighty
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:44 am

My two cents-- From what I have noticed, Akroma is usually helping people both within AoL and the Alliance on runs, quests, missions but he does stop to have time for himself with enjoying the game and working on things that he wants to accomplish or do. Perhaps if there's the feeling that he has too much on his plate, why don't we each pick up and take on things we think would help free up even more of his time? Maybe also snag him to do fun things where he would just be part of the team.... like dungeons, FoW, UW, vanqs, etc, while keeping in mind he does have a rt and is not going to be online 24/7 (except for his days off :p )
The idea of a rotating GL to me is unappealing as I prefer a strong leader to be and stay in place, as Akroma is and from what ya'll have told me, Vogo was.

LOL Now that Miscs thread has been well and truly hijacked , I proposed back to the topic at hand and that is The Scavenger Hunt!!! *does happy dance* Isn't it November 1st yet??
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content