Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do our members expect of our Knights? Suggestions.

5 posters

Go down

What do our members expect of our Knights? Suggestions. Empty What do our members expect of our Knights? Suggestions.

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:34 pm

I would like to hear from Soldiers and Squires about what you expect of our Officers.  

Also, what types of activities would you like to see us lead?

Any other suggestions?

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

What do our members expect of our Knights? Suggestions. Empty Re: What do our members expect of our Knights? Suggestions.

Post by Midway Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:15 pm

The ability to make a decision without having to make a forum topic about something to discuss it.

Pretty much don't be afraid to pull someone to the side in a whisper or another TS channel and discuss a topic. (Ex: Withdrawing a ton of food without making deposits in the guild bank)

As an officer, it's assumed that you have authority and the backing of the rest of the leadership to make decisions on minor issues that arrise in the daily operation of the guild. When it become's a larger issue, is when it should be brought up with the rest of the leadership.

If you do end up reprimanding a guild member, just make a note of it in the officer forums. (Ex: John Doe was discussing a matter in guild chat that offended other people. Had a discussion with him in whispers about how a guild member should behave in guild chat. *Link whisper conversation* Temporary banned from guild chat 24hrs.) Something to that effect maybe.

That may be a little above and beyond, but the left hand's gotta know what the right hand is doing. This also solidifies the officers decision making process.

I understand you all want to focus on the guild members instead of the officers. But at the same time, some structuring in the officer ranks might keep things that happened in the past from happening a second time around.

*officers have the backing of the rest of the officers in decision's made
*minor issues are dealt with swiftly by 1 officer without having to make a big deal out of it (other officers are made aware of decision and/or punishment)
*major issues are discussed by all officers, deadlines enforced on final decision (IE 1 week tops to come to a final decision, if no decision is agreed upon, then Beau has the final word)
*officers are held to a higher standard, yes they can joke around. but no need to lie, spread rumors or point fingers. we are all adults, lets act like it when the time calls for it
*officers are responsible for recruitment, attempting to get more people on TS, and make
sure they get all guild information required, (IE website, facebook, TS)
*officers are responsible to keep an eye out for people who haven't logged in for a while
*officers cannot hide from TS, try to make an effort to get on TS and communicate with other guild members, also attempt to keep an eye on guild chat as well.
*if someone asks for help, officers if not busy will attempt to do there best to assist unless someone else steps up first
*any pertinent information about the guild is to be shared with the rest of the guild. such as rule changes, promotions, new alliances, ect (some topics may be listed as *for officer eye's only*) but please keep the guild informed
*officers are not allowed to yell at someone in front of other guild mates, (managers in the real world arn't allowed to yell at there employee's on the floor infront of customers, its considered rude) Please pull to another channel or keep to whisper (suggest guild rank for global mute to guild chat) only suggesting for said rank, in case of said member will not stop when asked

I understand this is a laid back guild, but most of this is pretty much the usual for officers in any guild in any mmo.

You are an officer, a representative of AoL, and of the guild leadership. Respect the title, and the responsibility. You hold this guild together with your leadership. Don't mess it up. Razz
Midway
Midway
Level 40

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2014-06-09

Back to top Go down

What do our members expect of our Knights? Suggestions. Empty Re: What do our members expect of our Knights? Suggestions.

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:01 pm

Some awesome points Midway.  We will keep these in mind when putting together our Expectations.  Thank You!
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:17 pm

I would definitely agree on the most of that, especially on the paying attention to guild chat. I always have my eye on the chat because quiet guilds bother me(don't ask why. I don't know why) and I've seen, on several occasions, newer members venting because they feel like no one is paying attention to them.

It might be hard to pull off, but maybe set some time aside for a veteran of gw to roam the maps with the newbies for a bit in case they have questions? I know it can feel like babysitting to some but I often find myself wandering in the lowbie areas out of boredom.

I also feel like recruiting shouldn't be solely for officers. I may not be able to shoot an invite, but i still try to recruit.

There was something else but in my typing, i forgot what it was...

ill remember when im nowhere near a computer. guaranteed
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male
Number of posts : 252
City : North Bay
Hobbies : GW, reading, shoosting stuff(FPS games)
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Flynx Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:23 pm

While I understand the desire to recruit without contacting an officer to actually send the invite, I prefer the recruiting be done at announced times where it becomes open to all members for a contest like we've done at least once before.

Our roster would remain too full if recruiting were open to all at all times, though others may disagree.

Any other thoughts from a non-officer on this topic?
Flynx
Flynx
Level 32

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 322
City : Connecticut...close enuff
Hobbies : GW...and then other less significant games
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Unfortunately, I cannot just delegate only the power to recruit.  The permissions setting that allows recruiting is called "Admin Lower Ranks."  That power also allows you to kick members out that are lower ranked than you.  If I could give the power to recruit only, I would consider it.  I don't like the idea of having a lot of people with the power to kick other members out.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemac Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:43 pm

I understand that part. I just wish it worked differently.
Nemac
Nemac
Level 25

Male
Number of posts : 252
City : North Bay
Hobbies : GW, reading, shoosting stuff(FPS games)
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jollykaren Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:54 am

We can set up daily activities, like a (1) daily 3 minimum JP for members who need achievements. (2) Weekly Aetherpath or Arah runs for members who need to unlock achievements (because it takes long and no one wants to do it, other then people who want to but don't know the paths). (3) Try to recruit a member per week (newer people in the guild will bring new adventures and jolly-ness!) ;D

jollykaren
Level 7

Female
Number of posts : 71
City : New York
Registration date : 2015-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:47 am

Nemac wrote:I understand that part. I just wish it worked differently.

I wish it was different too!  I would be willing to let all Squires recruit.

Thank you for you input Jolly Very Happy  I will add your thoughts to my list.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jollykaren Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:41 am

I'm thinking really hard. I still can't sleep Sad

jollykaren
Level 7

Female
Number of posts : 71
City : New York
Registration date : 2015-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down