Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

went off topic Recruiting Drive

3 posters

Go down

went off topic Recruiting Drive Empty went off topic Recruiting Drive

Post by The Beau Brothers Tue May 26, 2015 2:56 pm

We are planning to do a new recruiting push.  We would like to focus on times when the guild is less active.  If you are interested in helping out, contact DragnixPhedron, Mr Tech, Durnik, or myself.  If you play in our guilds slow times, we would welcome your participation.  The more people we can have online while we are recruiting the better.  I hate trying to recruit people when there is nobody online.  It's like, "Hello!  Welcome to my dead guild."

Last edited by The Beau Brothers on Fri May 29, 2015 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

went off topic Recruiting Drive Empty Re: went off topic Recruiting Drive

Post by Jambo Tue May 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Well one thing that I've noticed is that is seems like we do have a high number of non-repping members, I think we need to push for members that will be more active repping and even coming into TS and "hanging out".

The other thing I did notice since my return is at least from what I'm getting from the former members that I spoke with that AoL has seemed to have gotten a bit of a bad rep.

I've been kinda scratching my head to come up with ideas on how to improve the situation and make us the once again respectable guild we were in Blackgate when I left.

Once I get back into the groove and get out of my noob mode; I'll start hosting events again e.g., AoL WvW, mapping, etc.
Jambo
Jambo
Level 8

Guild : Army of Lightness
Number of posts : 86
City : TEXAS.
Hobbies : Being Texan.
Registration date : 2013-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Jambo Tue May 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Yeah I have observed that the guild seems more chill and relaxed, not that it wasn't in the past.

I'm glad that the crazy stuff is gone and we can move forward.

I think the hardest thing is recruiting and retaining brand spanking new GW2 players. Because so majority of us are end game players, it's definitely going to be a challenge recruiting newbies.

If we do we need to organize some event for them through out the week or on the weekends to keep them interested.

Another thought is setting up a request section in forums.
Jambo
Jambo
Level 8

Back to top Go down

Post by worf warrior Wed May 27, 2015 10:27 am

great idea Jambo , Defo need to keep new comers interested so they tell there friends what a great guild we are. and If we can get all the newcomers onto the forum then a request section would work great imo. we have had a few leave my timezone stating there was very little help for newbies in this guild. but its not the lack of help in this guild its a lack of players in certain timezones, hopefully the new recruiting will help solve that. Smile
worf warrior
worf warrior
Level 32

Guild : aol
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beau Brothers Wed May 27, 2015 2:21 pm

It's been brought to my attention that I was guilty of doing the same as I accused others. I agreed and it has been deleted. If we wish to discuss past unpleasantness, it shall only be done in private.
The Beau Brothers
The Beau Brothers
Divine Light

Male
Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 2949
City : Morgan City, LA
Hobbies : Gaming, Cooking, Bowling, Entertaining Friends
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jambo Wed May 27, 2015 4:36 pm

I like that policy Beau, I always thought that should be the case in the past when there was any issue between people. Rather than spreading it throughout the guild try to resolve between the parties involved in a mature and civil manner.

What time zones are we looking to recruit? Mainly euro zone?
Jambo
Jambo
Level 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content