Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officer Meetings...

+5
Jemby
Amer
Dan Obsidian
Kiera
daylecampbell
9 posters

Go down

Officer Meetings... Empty Officer Meetings...

Post by daylecampbell Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:54 am

OK, So basicly the past few Officer meetings have not gone too well, some will agree with me some wont. Im not pointing any fingures at anyone of us but i do beleive that we need to really get some issues sorted out. I think that we all need to sit down and all of us have a decent discussion with no one raging. Obviously there is going to be some disagreements and 'Bickering' but you're all adults so try and keep it under control. Also some of the officers i have spoke to some times can't make it to the guild meeting on sundays, so what i am proposing is that if we could just have an officer meeting on say Friday or Saturday night so that most of the Officers can come.

Thanks
Dayle What a Face
daylecampbell
daylecampbell
Level 55

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 564
City : Plymouth UK
Hobbies : Photography, Skating ,Wishing for red dots
Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Officer Meetings... Empty Re: Officer Meetings...

Post by Kiera Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:39 pm

I will guess you've spoken or contacted Akroma already to determine which of the two nights (Friday or Saturday) will work best for him?

For me personally Friday Night will be best. But as with the Guild meetings on Sunday, there is simply no way to ensure everyone can attend, you just hope for the best turnout possible given people do have lives, work, family, etc they attend to.

Edited to Add: I would like to know what issues are to be discussed and sorted through prior to the meeting however so that we are all clear on what is under discussion.

OK, So basicly the past few Officer meetings have not gone too well, some will agree with me some wont. Im not pointing any fingures at anyone of us but i do beleive that we need to really get some issues sorted out. I think that we all need to sit down and all of us have a decent discussion with no one raging. Obviously there is going to be some disagreements and 'Bickering' but you're all adults so try and keep it under control. Also some of the officers i have spoke to some times can't make it to the guild meeting on sundays, so what i am proposing is that if we could just have an officer meeting on say Friday or Saturday night so that most of the Officers can come.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Obsidian Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:44 pm

I feel a little out of the loop on this one. Also, Friday/Saturday night may be more night for me than for you (6 hours difference etc). Still, if it's within the time range that I am awake, I'll be there.

Dan Obsidian
Level 50

Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:18 pm

I know some of concerns expressed to me is the general inactivity of people and officers. Also, how the guild "feels different", not as unified or that less people are partying up! I do realize that several of our past officers who were very active in creating party ups (Amber, BB, and such) have gotten busy in RL and had to take a back seat.

I believe it is up to the current GL and Officers to create this atmosphere. We need to take the time when we can to set up group activities, and such. We use to have weekly Deep, MTSC and other things. I think bringing these kinds of things back and encouraging others to get involved will go a long way. Also, for people like Dan and Dayle who are on at different times (well Dayle is always on... but I digress) If they can set up party ups for their time zones too. I know that Dan and Dayle do this already. But we should have daytime activities too. I know others are on in the day too so thats 1/2 a party there. XD

Anyhow I think it is up to our example of teaming up, setting up groups and getting people more active. If the GL and Officers arent doing it, no one will.

Also, on a side note (this is just my opinion...) I think recruiting new people right now might not be the best idea. We need to take time to get to know the people we have and get them involved. I know that the burden is not entirely ours the members have to work at being part of the guild. But if we put a little effort in the ones who are active and worth the effort will rise to the top! (If we build it they will come!)

I think those are some of the things that are topics that need to be discussed. If we are all on the same page or at least the same chapter it will help tons too.

Over all, I think AoL ROCKS!!! But there is always room for improvement.
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 537
Hobbies : GW, Music, LOST, Killer Bunnies, My Family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemby Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Fri or Sat will generally work for me

Jemby
Level 2

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Flynx Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Im afraid that I cant absolutely commit to a certain day/time for weekly officer meetings. Some may or may not know that I struggle with health issues and theres plenty of I time that I COULD be on, but feel so lousy I dont. However, friday's I suppose would be my vote for a day that I or Donni can do our best to get on for a meeting. (Not speaking for her, just saying).
Flynx
Flynx
Level 32

Male
Number of posts : 322
City : Connecticut...close enuff
Hobbies : GW...and then other less significant games
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:08 am

Friday Night (22-apr) 7:30pm EST has been decided as the time/date. we have 1/2 hour to focus, rap out ideas, issues, and get some things in the hopper to accomplish as throw-down begins at 8pm(ish)!

I suggest vent and team-chat so those who can talk voice do, while those who need to type can as a more effective way to bang through the topics to be covered.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:38 pm

I will be there! Unless something crazy comes up, but I am not expecting that!
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 537
Hobbies : GW, Music, LOST, Killer Bunnies, My Family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been absolutely buried. I have read, but not responded back when this thread started. Some of us have spoken since, and agreed upon Friday nights vs Sunday. I wish my classes have not affected me so greatly, but unfortunately they have. I may discuss this tonight as well. It is unfair to you all, and I have been quite discouraged. I wont go into detail here because it just does not relate to the thread. See you tonight
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by donnilee Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Okay, first - I should be here tonight without a problem. Friday is a good night for me. I do have a meeting and sometimes I'm a bit later getting home, but am usually home by 7:30, but sometimes not till 8:00. Tonight, however, they cancelled my meeting, so I'll be here at 7:30 PM.

Second, this is an "Officer's Meeting". It was my understanding that Sunday was a "Guild Meeting", meaning anyone was welcome to join in, members included to discuss issues or comment on the agenda.

So one quick topic tonight will be if the Officer's meeting is now Friday evenings, are we still going to have Guild Meetings? I find Sunday's difficult, and have missed some but try to be on if I can. Just want to be clear for my own self!

Third, where are we meeting? Guild Hall? An empty town? I'm assuming Guild Hall unless I hear differently.

Fourth, I would like to see 10% officers. The other day 6 out of 7 officers were on at the same time. While that's great, we were all on at the same time. Meaning, that the rest of the day/night, none of us were. I mentioned in a previous post that I spoke Pendragon (former leader of ToA). He told me that he would be willing to be an officer again as long we understand that weekends are his "family time" and he wouldn't be on much over the weekends. On the up side, he is on nearly EVERY DAY in the morning hours. He is self-employed and able to play at work and frequently does. This is a time slot, particularly during the week days when most are working or going to school and no officers are on, but there are generally anywhere from 5-7 people on between 7 AM - 11 AM. I've been watching. So I think he would be a good fit as he would cover a time slot most of us can't cover, he's mature and diplomatic, party's up all the time and is very good at talking with new people and is very patient with their questions, etc. I highly recommend him for officership. There are plenty of us on over the weekends at all hours. During the week and particularly in the mornings is a weak time for officer presence. There's my two cents! :0)
donnilee
donnilee
Level 80

Female
Number of posts : 814
City : Waterbury, CT
Hobbies : Writing fanfiction for XF, Gaming
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:18 pm

I think the meeting tonight is a 1-time solely to ensure the maximum officers & gl can get together and hash out things that have erupted during the last guild meeting rounds... Sundays should stay as the normal weekly Guild meeting for everyone who's online.

Regarding Pendragon, he's a good man and I adore him but I"m not comfortable feeling he's being pushed forward above others who are equally as active and social because he can be on in the morning, lol and if you're watching then you're online right? =^.^= Also, come summertime there will be many who can and will be on during various hours of the day and honestly has anything drastic happened during this time where omg it was urgent someone should have been around? We are pretty good at finding members that are a good fit, this guild doesnt require loads of babysitting.

10% officer/member ratio? that's fine once we have 100% activity daily from every single person on that list Very Happy
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by donnilee Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:35 pm

I wasn't suggesting he be promoted "above" anyone else, merely in addition to. In order to have 10%, 10 officers would be required, and we now only have 7.

Second, you will never have 100% from everyone on the list. This doesn't mean that more officers are not necessary. I would still like to see the candidates previously mentioned promoted as well -- Such as Darian and Descent, (for example) once their school is no longer an issue. And usually I've observed people on because I've been up all night and was on running into the morning. Usually I'm sleeping during those hours, but had a wicked week of insomnia. I'm usually not on until anywhere between 10-2.

To me, its not about anything "drastic" happening, it's about having the presence, particularly for newer people that we are trying to engage. Summer time is always a time for increased activity because school is out. Which is more reason to have a couple more officers.

Thanks for clarification on the Officers vs. Guild meetings.
donnilee
donnilee
Level 80

Female
Number of posts : 814
City : Waterbury, CT
Hobbies : Writing fanfiction for XF, Gaming
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Why add more Officers if the concern is there that the existing ones are not engaging the Guild on a regular basis? Lack of Party-Ups, Lack of group activities, Lack of Officers stepping up and doing things that involve the Guild, Lack of just interraction between everyone ---

(semi-referencing Amer's post where he's indicated the party-ups have dwindled since losing Amber almost a year ago when she slowly stopped playing to BB just recently.)
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:47 am

So we had a brief meeting, Akroma had one foot out the door to go enjoy the night. Officers have decided that we are going to try the following:
1. Sundays be AoL party days. during the week check in with people, find out who's doing what where and then on Sunday's after the meeting at 1pm est, yell out for party-ups to go do xxxx
2. Planned events. As we confirmed via vent, each of us will take turns with announcing in STATUS tab as well as the AoL-Only section of forum for something the Guild can group up to do. Whether a couple of dungeons, playing through a campaign etc. Key thing is we are all doing it so we get to know the members. (PLEASE HELP ME ENSURE ALL MEMBERS HAVE FORUM ACCOUNT AND ACCESS TO THE AOL-ONLY SECTION, if you find someone who doesn't, either email or send me a pmail on forum.)
3. Try to not have more than 2 officers in any party. Of course if there's openings because not many members, more can join BUT really striving to include the members because with them getting to know each other by our prodding along, it's going to increase their fun.
4. Akroma may step down. School is tough for him atm and it's the first week. He is going to evaluate and think long and hard on it and will let us know.
5. Promoting and also recruiting is on hold at the moment while we get ourselves sorted out. There's no sense in dragging others in while we still feel we're in a dissaray.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by daylecampbell Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:16 am

First i want to say is Thankyou everyone for coming and im glad that we have got thing sorted out. For the planned events i dont mind hosting the first one. so shall we say Sunday at 2pm EST after the guild meeting? I was thinking of just doing a normal FoW run because some people still dont have the builds for the SC side of it. So is everyone okay with this? Just want to make sure before i put it out to the guild.
daylecampbell
daylecampbell
Level 55

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Obsidian Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:50 am

So in short, we take turns in figuring out something to do on Sunday and advertise that during the week before?

Dan Obsidian
Level 50

Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by daylecampbell Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:49 am

yeah pretty much, it just us knowing the members in the guild much better.
daylecampbell
daylecampbell
Level 55

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:19 am

and not letting us be a one trick poney where only 1 or 2 people are the ones doing all the partyups.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Durnik Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Bumping this. I like some of whats listed here.
Durnik
Durnik
Level 10

Male
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down