Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meetings

+4
neoteo
Kiera
Mint(sc)
Mighty
8 posters

Go down

Meetings Empty Meetings

Post by Mighty Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:36 pm

I believe that we need to start having officer meetings because we as officers
though we keep in contact i feel that we need to work together better because
we can go days w/o hearing from one another and i really dont like that so i suggest
that we have and Officer's Meeting everything Wednesday then maybe a Guild Meeting
every Sunday i just wanna kno what are yaws opinion on this

Mighty
Light

Male
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 1126
City : VA
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Meetings Empty Re: Meetings

Post by Mint(sc) Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Wednesday and Sunday? o.O I have no problems with those days, just wondering why you chose them. Razz

But yea. I do like the idea. This is actually the first clan/guild that I have ever been in that DIDN'T have some kind of scheduled meetings. o.o
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male
Number of posts : 629
City : Plantersville, TX
Hobbies : Most anything to do with Dinosaurs. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:51 pm

wednesday because its need the middle of the week
(can serve as an update in between meetings)
Sunday because lots of members are on so
we'd b a nice dayto get them all to gether

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:50 pm

I'm keen on the Sunday (or whatever day will work best for the majority active members to attend) Guild Meetings, and then an Officers meeting later to follow up on any issues or topics that may have arisen during the big meeting, especially as Minsc pointed out on the main forum, there were even AoL Members who didn't realize the photo was yesterday!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:05 pm

i think officer and member meetings should be on the same day ... that would be sunday

like officers meeting first and then the big meetings

i have this idea since forever , a guild needs regular meetings.

remember the 3 meetings per day ? didnt last long , but was fun for a while.

1 pm , sunday is a bad time or me .. " bed " also

actualy sunday ends up being terrible for me , cose a decent time for me sunday , is too early for you guys ... but anytime saturday works ..cose it will be sunday for me , if its too early sunday i dont mind ..its a good reason to wake up anytime and meet with aol officers.

anyways .. i vote for this meeting , anyday , anytime.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:01 pm

i vote for sunday
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:32 am

>.< If we could swing it (which, honestly, I don't see why we couldn't), I'd say Friday or Saturday. That way it's at the end of the week, the weekend is the next day, and we can Get Neo in on it without hurting his schedule too much.
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:22 am

well fridays and saturdays are edgy for me cause iam often doing something like trying to entertain a social life, but idk what other day is good for yaw? so to me sunday is more stable because iam more then likely going to be home, i have practice on tuesday and
thursdays and i have piano lessons on monday along with an afterschool club

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:45 am

Anna, Lei, Diggy, Bane, Judge, Tony..... any day that works best compared to others for you?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by neoteo Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:14 pm

i know sunday might be the best way , dont worrie much about me at this point , unfortunatly i dont have time to play , i will try my best to join meetings , even if its sunday late at night for me , its once a week anyway .. and i had the extra sleep during the weekend , so should be fine.

i live 12/16 hours away from you all , its almost impossible to get a decent time for both of us.

leave me with the bad timing , chose depending on your lifes.
neoteo
neoteo
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1595
City : Macau
Hobbies : Electric Devices
Registration date : 2006-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Akroma Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:25 pm

I'm also thinking have smaller guild get togethers nightly. no set time - just whenever the majority feels the right time may be each night. the main focus of the get togethers is group with people. i've beaten my head against a rock for months trying to break ppl of their hermit ways and being anti-social. you really must take each individual person by the hand and talk with them one by one. please, DO NOT wait for me to rally the masses - i would hope each and every one of you officers will take it upon yourself to call get togethers. after all = we have ppl out there who dont know as much as we think they might. we have ppl who have not yet completed campaigns, or even know what ZE is or how to do that for some quick/easy gold income. remember, you all can make the difference in somebodies gaming experience. you can help their learning curves, be their friends and more importantly - their heros. its up to each of you to stand out and make the difference. continue to keep the guild as great as it has become. its not through MY actions, but of those who support me in my guidance and follow through with the ideas.
Akroma
Akroma
Level 80

Male
Number of posts : 845
City : CT
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:01 pm

i believe with increase in frequency comes a decrease in importance these meetings are
important but i dont think we need to have them every night people might show up
frequently the first couple times but interest will quickly decline, as seen with the
summer 3 meetings a day thing, yea the worked awesomely the first 4 days but people
simply werent interested in meeting up so awesome or began to come with no purpose
not wanting to do anything they had in mind hence i believe we should limit meetings to
once or twice a week and yes turn out will be VERY low but with time comes routine
so i suspect meetings once put into effect will become common place after the 3rd meeting
because everything is gonna have a rocky start, you cant EXPECT people to go ALL
out the first time it takes time for an idea to take hold look how long it took my
bugle to gain the popularity it has now...and it still has a long wayz to go! We need
to start inforcing these ideas, but we cant expect change to come immediately
we need to stick behind these ideas and let them take root and begin to grow
perstitance, deterimination, patience, and repitition will see us through

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggy Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 am

To go along with this, and since so many people have already posted on this forum, I have something I need to let everyone know. (I would have made a new post, but my network at work won't let me) I won't be playing on GW much at all, for a while. As most of you know, I recently got off of active duty Air Force, and was away from all of my friends and family for quite a generous amount of time. Therefore I have decided to put GW on hold for a while, and enjoy spending time with my friends and family back at home. I thank you all for being awesome friends to play GW with, and thank you for offering a space for me to join the alliance. The best times I had while playing GW was in this alliance, and I'm really glad that Mighty invited me in on that fateful day. I will be in every once in a while, and I just wanna say thanks to you all, and I will talk to you later.
Diggy
Diggy
Level 19

Male
Number of posts : 196
City : Lyman, ME
Hobbies : Gaming, xblading, guitar
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:05 pm

*clings to your ankle* but but Diggy don't leave ussss!! ~said in my best squeaky mouse voice too btw~ LOL having said that... it's completely understandable after being away from home for so long that you'll be unplugged while catching up with everyone and everything, just know we're here when you do get chances to pop online so don't be a stranger! *waggles finger in your general direction*
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:49 pm

owww diggy i'll miss you!!! even though we cant be as so bold to say we're your family
in the time that you spent with us i believe we have became a sort of make shift virtual
family and i just wanna let you know iam so glad to hear your back in your environment
maybe after spending so many months on GWs you got something out of it Very Happy i'll miss
you bud and never forget all the people you met here! GOOD LUCK and we'll miss ya

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:38 pm

~tangent~ meeting day for the entire Guild.... someone pick a day and let's give it a shot, seems as if there are more now online because of mids being done so this could be the chance to start a habit of weekly meetings.....
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:18 pm

sunday! or we can have the intial meeting wednesday...that'd prolly b best for meh

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:09 am

*throws hands in the air and walks away looking for coffee and tylenol after reading MightyM's torn between sunday & weds*
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnaTellya Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:08 pm

I vote for Sunday
AnnaTellya
AnnaTellya
Level 7

Female
Number of posts : 77
City : Knoxville
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:14 pm

I'd say Sunday is the best bet.
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:37 pm

3pm eastern on Sundays, beginning November 2nd then... in the AoL GH... doesn't have to be long, drawn out, or anything, perhaps can actually be the first of many steps to get some strong ties forged/re-built here with both new and existing members.

Will also be a wonderful opportunity to start weaning our own members from running to Akroma for everything as each of us is equally game-smart and or have our unique areas of specialty PLUS as there's been a good influx (thank you Akroma) of new members, a chance to find out who's interested in what and make sure they're matched up or know of kindred-spirits (wo0t we're at 100 again!)

Edited to add.... can I do this? LOL thought of that after I posted the when/where/time Very Happy
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:21 am

yea haha idk if i'll be able to make it! but i'll try

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:07 pm

Well, not everyone will be able to make the meetings, no matter WHEN they are. Mighty, it would be nice if you can be there, be we all understand if something comes up and circumstances dictate that you have to be elsewhere. There will be other meetings. Smile

I Really Like the idea of having the first one on the 2nd. =D This would be PERFECT for making sure everyone knows about the Scavenger Hunt too. Since it starts on the 1st, they would even have time to catch up to the other teams who DO sign up on the day the Hunt is started. =D
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:37 pm

I'll take notes on the meeting and provide via the forum (winks- yet one more way to make certain at least our house is in-the-loop with the forum) mailing to AoL'ers who are unable to attend.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:36 pm

oh thats perfect kiera...maybe i can post it on the bugle? i mean just like how you
can inform members what the guild is thinking about (personal business would be
misc.)

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:53 pm

Would we want our guild meeting notes posted on the Bugle for the entire alliance to review and comment upon or would people, knowing it's going to be out there for public consumption maybe curb their thoughts or ideas and not be so forthcoming?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Yea...I'm with Kiera here. I dun think posting our meeting minutes in the Bugle is a good thing. :3
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:23 pm

well id just think itd be nice for members to have a vague idea what the officers are up to
of conserned about in the least the details can be left amongst us

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:27 pm

well id just think itd be nice for members to have a vague idea what the officers are up to
of conserned about in the least the details can be left amongst us for instance if a member
sees that we've been talking about activity levels lately they might be prompted to take
more action in guild ongoings now if it is mentioned that we're talkina bout officers
some officer hungry members might begin stepping up to the plate but they wouldnt
now the specifics its a sort of "sublimal" way to get them to do what we would like
ex we talk about responsibilities of and officers and stuff
on the bugle it just shows up as "Talk on Officers" they would
have no idea what we talked about EXACTLY but they'd get a gest

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Ok, I see what you mean now. And to a certain degree, I agree with you. It's good for the members to know if we are worried about inactivity or member bonding or EVENT INTEREST!!! >.< But I don't think we need to let them in on things concerning Officers. True, if we put up that there was a 'discussion on officers,' that may prompt some hopefuls to rearing their head and letting themselves be known, but at the same time.....do we really want that? Do we want people asking us how to become an officer and, in some cases, kissing up to get into our good graces in hope that we will choose them? I thought the whole point of our choosing an officer ourselves rather than having Akroma do it was for us to look for ourselves and see what these people are like when they DON'T know they are being monitored. Knowing there is an officer hunt going on will put some people on their toes and change how they act around us, even if they don't realize it.
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:38 pm

its just a thought....but who knows it might bring the best out of some people and it might
bring the worst but just having the thought that there MIGHT be a promotion its just a
sort of getting to know you theres the ass kissers and the do gooders then there is the
combo the ass gooders or the do assers mmmm that did work....but sitll it'll at least
provoke some character out of seemingly dead members

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:44 pm

You mean the Ass gooders and the do kissers? Razz
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:46 pm

but still its a way to indirect influence our members

Mighty
Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:48 pm

Meh. I guess. We'd need opinions from everyone else, though. I still say posting EVERYTHING we do would be a bad idea. Though I do agree that the members should know the things we talk about that affects them...
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:11 am

perhaps now would be the time to start flagging AoL members here within the forum so that an AoL-only access board can be created? or with the AoL members flagged that would make it easier to send pmails/emails via forum to them containing the notes and such?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint(sc) Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:51 pm

Not a bad idea, actually. Most of the other guilds, to the best of my meager knowledge anyway, have their own forums that they use for their members...so I don't see the big problem with creating a forum here that only AoL members can see and post in. If the others can't see it, they can't feel like they are missing out on it. Razz
Mint(sc)
Mint(sc)
Level 60

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:05 pm

/vote of approval for the AoL-access only board then!
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:45 am

Minsc if you have time tomorrow, do you want to start thumbing through here setup the AoL Group?
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Qordis Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Diggy good luck with everything and we hope to see you back here when you can...AoL is and always will be here for you!

As to the meetings any night is fine as long as it tends to be after 8pm EST otherwise i may not be thier.

Qordis
Level 8

Male
Number of posts : 80
City : NY, USA
Hobbies : GW!
Registration date : 2007-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:26 am

I'm not going to be here tomorrow (Sunday) until around 6pm est I've just found out so let's bump it to 8pm est for meeting followed immediately by Urgoz
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:36 pm