Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officers Meeting 21-Nov-2010 1:30pm EST

+4
Mantis
Amberlyn
BB
Kiera
8 posters

Go down

Officers Meeting 21-Nov-2010 1:30pm EST Empty Officers Meeting 21-Nov-2010 1:30pm EST

Post by Kiera Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 am

Hello,
There will be an officer meeting at 1:30 sunday the 21st immediately following the guild meeting, to be held in Vent. For those with no mic or not able to voice-chat, you will be in party so can type responses or ask questions.
I expect all to be in attendance.
- Kiera
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female
Guild : AoL
Number of posts : 3612
City : Northeast USA
Hobbies : Chasing Dots
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Officers Meeting 21-Nov-2010 1:30pm EST Empty Re: Officers Meeting 21-Nov-2010 1:30pm EST

Post by BB Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:04 pm

I'll be there boss woman are we gonna meet up in urgoz or the deep so we can have a part that all of us fit in?

Last edited by BB on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BB
BB
Level 48

Female
Number of posts : 480
Hobbies : Killing Every Red Dot
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Officers Meeting 21-Nov-2010 1:30pm EST Empty Re: Officers Meeting 21-Nov-2010 1:30pm EST

Post by Amberlyn Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:05 pm

I shall be there.
Amberlyn
Amberlyn
Light

Female
Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Yes a ferry will be setup so that we can get everyone together into the team for ease in talking whether vent or team-chat Smile
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mantis Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:20 pm

I've got football tickets for Sunday, although there is a chance I may not go.
Mantis
Mantis
Level 8

Guild : AOL
Number of posts : 86
City : TN
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 am

It's going to be too late for me... 2:30am I'll probably be asleep Smile
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Amer Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:36 am

I should be there! Woot!
Amer
Amer
Level 50

Male
Number of posts : 537
Hobbies : GW, Music, LOST, Killer Bunnies, My Family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Scrod and Yuri please weigh in on the below as well as any other Officer who will not be online at the time of our meeting.

I am concerned we are losing our presence in the Alliance.
Last night there was 5 AoL 2 BOOM and the other 11 vent users were Liar.
I would like to see us try to be sure we are doing the following on a regular basis:
- talk in alliance chat
- get into more parties both guild and alliance
- chat up fellow officers and leaders, their info is in Round Table Section of forum if you don't already have some on your friends list
- encourage our members to get on vent more often
- encourage and verify all AoL has forum AND access to our AoL-Only section
- encourage and lead up parties to go do things. If one of ours needs to go do something and we are not busy or gearing up to have an adventure, then go if you can with them and try to get more to accompany you
- keep an eye open for new members. Neo has kindly posted on GW Guru a recruit posting for AoL but let's not rely on that for our sole-source of new people. Be Sure Though To Check Safe List Before Kicking Anyone.
- keep eyes open for rudeness and in a kind, positive manner please rebuke. last night I was appalled at the cattiness of comments being made but it's becoming common occurrence sadly. There should not be a single person whether alliance or guild who is made to feel a lesser person.
If it's someone just being themselves and they are getting their knees cut out from under them, do your part to help foster a fun and friendly atmosphere by speaking up. This is a form of bullying especially from cliques that we can't let continue whether in chat or vent. We all have a good idea how our guildies are their gameplay style, and how they act, we need to keep things positive as the gate guards for AoL.
- If someone asks questions, help them if you're not knee deep in dots. Even if you don't know the answer, pull up the wiki and guide them as best you can & let them know where you are finding the information so they can too. If it's pricing and you have no idea on prices, do like I do and simply acknowledge their question but say that prices are not your forte. People would rather get some type of response compared to crickets chirping after they ask, especially within Alliance chat.
----
- Guild Hopping - big resounding no because we prefer for our members to stay within AoL so we can't in fairness accept from other Allies. Only in extreme circumstances it is subject to both guild leaders talking about and reaching a decision.
- Revolving door - I say yes this is selective. Use your judgement. if it was someone who left AoL that you feel was good for the guild and can be again, then bring them back. There are many charging after luxon faction, pvp, or looking for different experiences. All I can say on this is that each of us wants whats best for AoL especially with good players who are active and social becoming rarer. Trust your instincts and if need be post on the board you brought them back. Of course anyone who's been blacklisted is exempt from this or in cases of extreme revolving door, negative presence, etc etc then they should not be brought back.
- We are the guards of AoL charged with ensuring we roar into GW2 when the time comes with a primed and ready band of people. We all were chosen for our roles based on what we bring to AoL, from personality to knowledge, to flexibility of roles, and even as peacekeepers. We shouldn't lose sight of this fact and each of us really needs to understand that as an Officer (because I consider myself one just with some extra responsibilities along with perks, the tiki hut in Stingray Sands is beautiful ^.^ ) we craft the direction our Guild goes in, and only as a team working together can we make this happen smoothly and with equal burden on everyone, not just a few.
----
So if you've made it through all that, this is what I want us to brainstorm on Sunday about. I promise it will not take more than half-hour unless we are on a roll and no one wants to call it as done.
1. Ideas and implementation of parties on a regular basis. Are there some willing to tackle the ZB/ZM/ZC on a daily basis or every other day, etc? I know several members are doing these daily because of wanting both heavy equip packs and elite tomes towards their skill hunter title.
2. I've been approached about GvG. This would require at least 1 officer to participate, especially when its' the ZC. Anyone interested?
3. Same with HA. There's many interested in seeing our name flash through the game as having won in the Hall of Heros. This doesn't require an officer however but would require encouraging our members that are interested, to explore this.
4. Entering in the Holidays now AND our weekend event is coming up in December. What are some ideas of things we can do, who's going to be around, etc.
5. Donni had a wonderful event getting mysterious armor pieces and many joined in. What else can we perfect or have good solid ways of getting through on the other armor challenges?
6. ZE has drifted but man what a great way in addition to JQ/AB for balth faction to then buy zkeys. What can we do to get more involved as it's just one more title for the HoM.
7. Dan fights dungeons during the week in his timezone. Should the night-crew also look at this and mirror his dungeon so that given the timezone difference, people aren't missing out?
8. Discussion on any areas that one may feel is lacking. Discussion of ideas, problems being encountered, thoughts of things to do, etc. What are we not doing but could, what is a stumbling block and how can we get past it, and so on.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Obsidian Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:55 am

Sorry for not replying earlier but I'm simply not at home on Sunday 1.30pm. so also sorry for not being able to make it. I'll try and brainstorm on my own about this and post whatever I come up with ASAP so you can take it into the meeting with you.

Dan Obsidian
Level 50

Guild : Army Of Lightness
Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 am

Thank you Dan, I would like your input as we dont get a chance to talk often except on sundays due to our schedules.
Kiera
Kiera
Divine Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Obsidian Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Okay my thoughts on the matter:

1. ZM/ZB/ZC: to be honest, I think that atm WiK bounties are much more profitable. So I vote to at least include these on the list. Yesterday I asked around in guild for people to do Z-mish and WiK bounty but no1 was interested, same goes for the dungeon I planned on completing. Other than that, I’m willing to keep trying to shout around for certain daily events, if my schedule allows.

2-3. I’m no good at PvP. Which is to say; I’ve never done HA, nor any serious GvG. While I wouldn’t mind exploring this game type, I also feel like the times I’m on there really isn’t the ammount of people around to seriously do these things.

4. Hollidays = Exams for me, unfortunately. At best I’m gonna have to cut down every regular activity (like dungeon clears), at worst I’ll be off for most of the period. Don’t expect me to be very active in this time of the year.

5. Same as Mysterious armor remnants, Glint’s Challenge can be done fairly easily. It may be better to organise some days with non-stop armor farming rather than dedicate a day every week or so. Think you’ll catch more people that way.

6. Pity about the 6k limit/day. Sounds fun but I havent got much experience with the format. Doesn anyone know the currently used builds for it?

7. Definitely yes, do try doing this. However, I recommend doing the dungeon H/H or something similar beforehand as it forces you to think your way through it. Not every dungeon is quite so easy and you should at least know your way. Edit: If you want my builds, I'll post them for you (theyre Necro and Para specific though).

8. Urgoz, the Deep, FoW, DoA seem to be very popular with the alliance week-end events. UW seems to be left out almost completely though. We should work on a flexible way of doing UW in a reasonable time (wonder whether we can gimp physway to some extent)

Dan Obsidian
Level 50

Back to top Go down

Post by donnilee Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:05 am

I think many still want spider cap from UW (including myself) but I've been unable to catch Captain Morghan online, and he was the only one who mentioned running people through to that. So I'd like to know if anyone would be willing to set that up as one of our weekend(night) events.

Bruno and I both do ZE and enjoy it. Primarily, it works best with 3 trappers and one SoS rit and/or ele fire nuker. I'm an old hand at ZC and ZE, so I'd be happy to teach whoever wants to learn. I'll talk to you about it later. I'd have to pick a time when I could do it.

I'll think about the rest and discuss with you later today.

donnilee
donnilee
Level 80

Female
Number of posts : 814
City : Waterbury, CT
Hobbies : Writing fanfiction for XF, Gaming
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Obsidian Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:57 pm

I don't mind helping people getting a spider in UW, although I can't run it. It's very easy with some heroes though as you can just do the easy quests.

Dan Obsidian
Level 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Mortenzen Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:29 pm

OK, replying after the meeting but nevermind... Smile

Well first I'd just want to assure you that I usually do what's written down in Kiera's post except PM'ing other players for like no reason... So basically I'm not touching base with players who do not reply when I write on Allychat (except they're in our guild as I can see from the roster who's online)

Also, I do not keep a schedule for "to do" tasks... I just go play wherever I feel playing on that day and always try to get people to tag along. I've been doing Glinth's challenge recently and managed to team up with some players on several ocasions, done some WiK quests with Dayle... But at the hours I play I do do get a fair share of white noise (understandable).

One thing we could also do is a "Nicholas the traveler" day when we could team up and go farm those items he requests every week... It doesn't help with HoM in itself but items players get from gifts of the traveller can raise your party, alcohol points... There's even a tiny itty bitty small chance to get a mini pet.

Also just to let you know I'm trying setting up a hammer build on my warrior to help if there's any pvp needs... Not quite satisfied with it yet, though, and not sure about my weapon either... But I'll be there soon... Also just got all heroes recently and currently thinking of setting up a spiritway team to help with dungeons and such (sabway doesn't seem to be favored and that's what I run)
Yuri Mortenzen
Yuri Mortenzen
Light

Male
Number of posts : 1551
City : Macau
Hobbies : PC, PS3, comics, good food
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down