Blackgate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healy's Yay-I-Got-Another-GWAMM Scavenger Hunt Contest

Go down

Healy's Yay-I-Got-Another-GWAMM Scavenger Hunt Contest  Empty Healy's Yay-I-Got-Another-GWAMM Scavenger Hunt Contest

Post by Healy Unit Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:57 pm

In celebration of my having just finished student teaching study(yay!) and having just gotten my third GWAMM (also yay!), I've decided to do a scavenger contest (thanks to Some Dude Guy and a few others for helping me ferment this idea).

Prizes:
Firstly, since I know this is what a lot of you are actually interested in, here's the prize list:
  • 5 ectoes
  • Deldrimor Armor Remnant
  • 202 sweet points
  • Tarlok's Flagon (Energy Storage Focus)
  • The Shadestone (Blood Magic Focus)
  • Ssaresh's Kris Daggers (Daggers)
  • Sehden's Mark (Soul Reaping Focus)
  • Prismatic Staff (Energy Storage Staff)
  • Wroth's Holy Rod (Smiting Prayers Scepter)
  • Tarnok's Recurve Bow (Bow)
  • The Darksong (Spear)

How You Participate:
Secondly, here's the actual contest itself.
  1. Each contestant will need to find the 7 objects hinted at below.
  2. The first person to show me ALL of the correct objects gets to choose any of the items off of the prize list.
  3. The second person gets to choose any of the remaining 13 items.
  4. The remaining correct contestants choose from the remaining items according to their place in line, down to the 14th person, who will be given the last item on the list.

Items to be Found:
Here's the list of hints. A couple of meta-hints: None of these items are in elite areas (including FoW, UW, DoA, Urgoz, or the Deep). All of the items are in areas immediately accessible from "staging" areas, or towns (i.e. nothing from The Falls in Prophecies). All of the items are collectable "trophy" drops. Finally, the items may come from any campaign, including Eye of the North.

• A ghostly collector claims this former formicidae fragment functions finely as part of a bellows.
  • If you're stuck near Ironwill's old hangout, you might salvage these for some stuffing for a pillow.
  • Jack Sparrow might be very interested in this.
  • A Luxon wants to dry some of these for a piece of jewelry for his wife.
  • According to Palin, Cleese, and some others, you should use this to cut down the mightiest tree in the forest (but only after delivering an appropriate shrubbery).
  • For some reason, a woman in Kamadan has a strong desire to collect these. In return, she'll give you a belt pouch.
  • While it sounds like an excellent name for a breakfast cereal, these former wings are actually desired by a fellow standing just north of a former slave labor camp.

When and Where:
I'll leave this post up all week. I will be judging the contest this Friday, at 8PM EST. If anyone absolutely cannot make it then, please let me know and I will see if I can move the time around.
-Healy

P.S. I would ask that people do not write what they think the objects are in the forum. You can say that you've gotten Items 1,3, and 4, for example, but not that you've guessed that the first is an ecto, the third a set of obby armor, and the fourth an all-expense paid vacation to the Bahamas (they aren't).
I reserve the right to adapt or modify the rules and procedures of this contest if it becomes necessary. Contest not valid in Canada, because they're weird like that. Do not operate heavy machinery while participating in this contest. Not to be taken internally. This statement not validated by the Food and Drug Administration.

UPDATE:
Number of ectoes is now 5! Number of sweet points is now 202!

Last edited by Healy Unit on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Healy Unit
Healy Unit
Level 4

Male
Guild : Killer Green Buddah
Number of posts : 42
City : The Moon
Hobbies : Teaching, science, biology, geology, paleobiology
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Healy's Yay-I-Got-Another-GWAMM Scavenger Hunt Contest  Empty Re: Healy's Yay-I-Got-Another-GWAMM Scavenger Hunt Contest

Post by Healy Unit Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:21 pm

UPDATE: 6/10/11
Since I seem to be getting NO response to this event, I will cancel the event if I do not get at least 3 places by the stated deadline above (8PM EST). These items are really easy to get; most can be found right outside a town or outpost.
Healy Unit
Healy Unit
Level 4

Male
Guild : Killer Green Buddah
Number of posts : 42
City : The Moon
Hobbies : Teaching, science, biology, geology, paleobiology
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down